Happy Birthday Niki Lauda | FerrariChat

Happy Birthday Niki Lauda

Discussion in 'F1' started by pilotoCS, Feb 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Chassis number?

RtR!

mcimino, pilotoCS and 05011994 like this.
  2. I miss the ol' shifter bubbles as much as Niki......a requisite skill that is also no longer with us...... :(

william and mcimino like this.
  3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Respect the Rat!!!!!

4. "Thinking of the legendary Niki Lauda today, on what would have been his 72nd birthday"

Nothing more needs to be said...... rip Niki.

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    One of the true GOATS!

sammysaber and stavura like this.
  6. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    God speed my friend.........

7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    And not only that: a true character; there was nothing fake about the guy, nothing corporate, nothing "sanitised", always spoke his mind, never trying to please; like him or not, he was real, he had dimension. And he was intelligent. He is already sorely missed.

Rgds

william, Sharknose and AtSomePoint like this.
  8. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    One of my favorite drivers of all time. I was fortunate to have met him several times, and like the saying goes - don't meet your heroes. He was pleasant, but clearly not thrilled to meet fans or corporate guests ( we were guests at Mercedes ). I asked him to sign my copy of Mein Story, and he said, "Ah, that piece of **** will not worth anything when I'm gone" ... and scribbled in the book. Toto Wolf was right there as well, and just shook his head.

I was at Austin in 2019, and again at Mercedes, and got the opportunity to meet Bottas, and I asked him what is his best memory of Niki Lauda, which actually kind of brought a hesitant moment to Bottas, and then he said - my first win, all Niki did was take his hat off to you, and held out his arms - you knew you made it!.... when you go into the Mercedes Garage, they have Niki's radio set and hat hanging on there... so I had do touch it!

furoni likes this.
  9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  10. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    A parody Twitter account had one of the better epitaphs when Niki passed: "He seemed invincible. For sure he's immortal. A hero and true legend."