RIP SRT | FerrariChat

RIP SRT

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by sca037, Feb 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 330 4HL

330 4HL Formula 3

May 12, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Rick Bradner
    Isobel and crinoid like this.
  2. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    It is sad but SRT related vehicles were living on borrowed time. Stellantis is a collective road to nowhere. QC is OMG, resale value similar.

Best result; a handful of worthy remnants are picked off by viable manufacturers before the collapse.

330 4HL and Ryan S. like this.
  3. 330 4HL

330 4HL Formula 3

May 12, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Rick Bradner
    Canadian, eh? ;)

I'm probably a bit more optimistic than you - LOL!

Carlos Tavares seems to be a fairly sharp operator. He's mangaed to drag Pugeot/Citroen up to the point they took over GM's castoffs Opel/Vauxhall less than two years ago and it's now generating positive results. I think he can make the Fiat assets produce; but the main justification for the merger is to sell cars in the U.S. market. I think Chrysler/Dodge/jeep/Ram probably generates more profit than all of PSA's other assets, and I suspect that he will soon understand that these brands profit margins are the real profit spinners in the FCA portfolio.
    I'm just disappointed that SRT may be going away; but we'll see if there aren't second thoughts...

Isobel likes this.
  4. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
  5. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas