348 - Talk me out of rushing into a 348? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

348 Talk me out of rushing into a 348?

Discussion in '348/355' started by galagahedgehog, Feb 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KevZep

KevZep Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Kevin Bennett
    Yes agree, also if these are considerations you are worried about, OP might be doing this for the wrong reasons. If you want the car, buy the car, the market is what it is.
    The market could change, maybe it wont, but if you worry about these things too much then you'll never end up buying.

I bought my car, and then a month later, there were three of them for sale a LOT cheaper than what I paid for mine. BUT, its false economy, they were all earlier versions, had more miles, not as good a condition as mine...they would have ended up costing the same as what I paid anyway after the resolving of issues and so forth......

You just have a to make a decision, and go for it.....

2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I would go ahead and rush to buy one... but I would only buy the right one... not just any

Robb

3. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I wished I’d sold my beautiful great handling 348TS to the guy who offered full price with Bitcoin 3 years ago....

audi_328 and steved033 like this.
  4. galagahedgehog

Feb 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Ackerman
    I drove #55 last week, fell in love... will see what happens

5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If you get what you want and are happy with it, then you didn't overpay.

MAD828, Chupacabra and galagahedgehog like this.
  6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #55 needs steering rack rebuilt, the otter bushings is shot. I checked it myself. People think these cars drive great with suspension and steering or worn out generating variable toe when driving and front end lowered to a point hat it affects balance etc. Their heads would explode in one properly refitted. Like mine. Its a total dream.

copterjon and steved033 like this.
  7. galagahedgehog

Feb 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Ackerman
    Well to be fair I am no expert I’ve been driving/tracking modern Audi S3s and S5s for the last 6 years so anything in an analog Ferrari feels incredibly different to me.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I don't think prices will be substantially higher in 12-18 months. I actually think January 2023 might be a great time to buy. Our economy can't be propped up forever, right?

Integral likes this.
  9. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  10. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    So, does BAT force people to bid at gunpoint? Is that part of the service? 'Cause similar (if not the same) cars have been sitting on AT for months at the same or better prices.

I'm not sure what I make of this really. I will say I'm not surprised the SS is now at $75K because, even at almost 70k miles, it looks to be cosmetically much better than my old car, has a fairly recent major, and is an actual number series SS. Will be interesting to see where it ends up, but hasn't this car been for sale for a while at the same price it is now?

11. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It was for sale on ebay for about a year before Rahul bought it at less than it is now. He sold it for A LOT less and presumably that buyer is flipping it. I know the car and its issues. Still an SS though I suppose so that will drive it. But it does go to show BAT delivers more better faster and higher than ebay.

12. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  13. Skipper555

Skipper555 Rookie

Feb 18, 2021
    Ireland
    Did you end up getting one?

I ended up buying a C5 Z06. My first time getting into this level of car, so I'll see how everything goes regarding overall experience, running costs, etc.

14. galagahedgehog

Feb 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Ackerman
    I am balls deep in building my dream garage (will have a lift, climate controlled, etc etc) and all of the rising costs have helped me behave from getting anything just yet. For now I’ve had fun looking/driving. Outside of the 348 looked at a mondial 3.2 and some air cooled 911s but nothing gets me as excited as the 348. I’m going to be patient and wait for the right opportunity once this garage is done.

Congrats on your new purchase! I’m sure it’ll be a blast

Skipper555 likes this.
  15. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Personally I love the MondialT.

Incaico likes this.
  16. galagahedgehog

Feb 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Ackerman
    I’d love to experience a T. There is a very nice condition 3.2 near me that I liked... I also like that the engine doesn’t come out for the belt service

17. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    T has the 348 motor and updated interior. 348 looks better and the cheese graters and fantastic. When you pass or get passed by a newer one you almost don't notice, mclarens especially, so vanilla. Come up on a 348 and you notice it.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

bjwhite likes this.
  18. galagahedgehog

Feb 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Ackerman
    Totally agree the 348 is such a stunning car. The one from today’s the bat auction was only an hour away from me, thought I could swoop in and take it but the final bidding really surprised me, more so than the speciale i guess due to the mileage? Going to keep searching but I may end up with a mondial to tide me over will see

19. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I love a 348. I also love the mondial t. The interior, the 348 drive line, cabriolet, what's not to love on the T. The wheels that's what. Ugh. Putting 348 wheels on it does not help. That said I would not blink an eye at buying a good clean mondial T but only the T version if a 348 was not around and let's be honest, not all, but many 348s are in questionable shape. Not a single new part in 20 years put on as maintenance. Bought, driven, find and issue, sell, wash rinse repeat. People get disappointed when there is a 2k repair bill then question Ferrari ownership and sell and the cycle continues. The barrier to entry was not high enough to keep the rif rif out said in a snooty 80s yuppie way. I know, I'm the rif raf ha ha, just a mechanically inclined one. Who actually cares about the car. I can't afford not to.

Mondial T, I say got for it!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I love the look of the Mondial (T included) with 348 wheels on it. I'd prefer a T Coupe over the cab, but I still love the Cab too.

You want hideous wheels? Try a 512M or 328 with ABS. haha.