My stolen 308GTB is Back!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My stolen 308GTB is Back!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 8valve, Feb 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Awesome! Glad to hear this! Drive in good health, and glad to hear it's back with its rightful owner.

2. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    We would like to think this could NOT happen in USA certainly NOT in my state ! the DMV is highly trained and frankly it is VERY difficult to switch chassis AND motor #'s ! virtually impossible to do it w/ out leaving clear evidence ! ( there are forensic techniques to easily prove a # alteration ! )
    They have caught MANY fools who tried ! ALL vehicles fr out of state are closely scrutinized, inspected! Verified !
    I have heard fr friends in UK that it is easy there something about a "log book " !

3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Fantastic story. Congratulations!

4. RichardT

RichardT Rookie

Jan 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Richard david Tullett
    Great news I did the same on a motorbike that was stolen and they caught a big ring or professional thieves, they rely on thought that insurance would stop looking and so would owner after 6months to a year and normally break vehicle for parts but fantastic it was in one piece. I think we are cut from same cloth I would never stop looking, I still have a ducati that ne day I will find but I can see it is a really nice example. congratulations and hope police also track down other peoples cherished cars.

5. MarcH

MarcH Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2010
    Hoeksche Waard
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Great news!!!

6. wdonnelly

wdonnelly Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Houston
    Glad you got it back. Someone who goes through the lengths they did to disguise the vehicle suggests that this theft wasn't their first one.

7. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    That's great news! I hope they can track down the pond scum that stole it...

8. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    No, but it should be!

9. Capri335

Capri335 Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    Grindelwald, Tasmania. (Australia)
    Full Name:
    John
    Wow it must feel so good to get your car back. Well done for being a good detective and being so tenacious! I'm in Australia and I cant believe how many cars go missing. Not always exotics. Locally made Aussie cars are fetching very high dollars now that manufacture has ceased. The thieves know the ones to take. Often mid 70's "ordinary" classic cars, which are in the $100,000 range and pretty easy to change numbers on, as the records back then were abysmal to say the least. Your 308 looks great in black BTW.

10. khurley

khurley Rookie

Aug 31, 2004
    Berkeley CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Hurley
    CONGRATS! I had a much-loved 308 for many years, and it did occur to me that it would be pretty easy to steal. Fortunately, it never happened to me. I would have been heartbroken!

11. Aussie Nick

Aussie Nick Rookie

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Nick Stephens
    Congratulations on getting her back and hope your repairs aren’t too expensive. Sounds like you had a decent insurance company who did the right thing.

My heart beat when I saw your post because I just bought my wife a 308 GTB for her 50th Birthday. It’s on its way to Australia from a dealer in NY with no information on its history, service, ownership, no manuals...nothing! I’m putting trust in the US system and dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. alfagiulia

alfagiulia Rookie

Jan 4, 2017
    Congratulations you got your GTB back! Interesting story; I had my 308 GTB (yellow, #25717) stalled in Amsterdam for around 20 years, until I sold it three years ago. Fortunately, the car was not stolen during those years.

13. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    Great news. I don't think I've ever seen as many likes on a single post in FChat as your first post has in this thread :)