Pista out and 765lt just in | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Pista out and 765lt just in

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by mkraft3003, Feb 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I really dont think it has that much power. You cant trust wheel dynos to extrapolate actual engine power properly. They all have their way of calculating and there are many variables. I do think its more than what they state though.

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    No I would not prefer if they overrate it.

I know they make a light car, great, but that is not what my comment was about. Answer me this. Do you think it is okay for them to compare their model to another car, claiming to have a much better this or that, and state that their performance benefit is due to chassis wonders and not a ton more power? They compare it to the Pista saying see what we can do with a mere 45 PS gain over the Ferrari, while in reality the car is what, 110-120 PS over. If they believe in their product that much, why the sandbagging? Wouldn't it be a more honest comparison if the car had the power they claim? It's not like they shot 10-20 PS over, it's a MASSIVE chunk.

3. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Is McLaren comparing the 765lt to the Pista or their 720s? Links/sources? I’m genuinely curious to see the statements. All of that aside I think the power the Mac makes is important but their controls/transmission/gearing and active aero has as much if not more to do with their performance than an extra 45hp.

Coincid likes this.
  4. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Don’t you know the standard 488 seats don’t have the strip for a red stripe? BAN!

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  5. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    2 co-workers un-friended me yesterday on Facebook....LOL

6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You are banned for banning someone foe banning you!! Banned!!

GT2goneF and mdrums like this.
  7. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    1/4 mile calculator it’s making all of that.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yes, and that's why you got banned:) You chose the wrong seats, in the wrong colour:D

mdrums and GT2goneF like this.
  9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Do you by any chance own a Mercedes 600 Grosser?:D

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I doubt it but if it is I'll take it. What would be interesting would be to dyno another car and then the 765 back to back which would give you a better drivetrain loss.

11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    My point about the weight is that it adds to the performance and the car may not be making as much power as some claim. I've never seen it compared to the Pista but no surprise it outperforms it. Heck the 720 is quicker than the Pista. If it makes more power than advertised that's a win and I could care less otherwise.

Compare this, my Pista listed at about $40K more than my 765 and the 765 has waaaay more options and tech not to mention the performance. If Ferrari cares they will build a better car, it doesn't need to be faster all of these cars are nuts.

Dont Ban me BTW.

Coincid and GT2goneF like this.
  12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You are banned for asking not to be banned! This isn’t a charity!

Gh21631 and GT2goneF like this.
  13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Uh-oh... Here we go again... Where is @Shadowfax . I am sure he would like to join in on this one. Which by the way... Where is @Shadowfax ???!!!

14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    This was funny!!! One thousand points to @SoCal to az for starting the Ban joke. It was a joke right?

mdrums and SoCal to az like this.
  15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    He has decided to take a hiatus from posting for awhile. I am starting to miss him.

GT2goneF and Gh21631 like this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    This complaint about the 765 being significantly more covertly powerful than the Pista is absurd. The prices of the cars are in close proximity. The conclusion- Mclaren is offering more bang for the buck and if Ferrari wants to compete on performance, it needs to up their game, not for Mclaren to minimize theirs so as to create a level playing field. The Pista performance has already been surpased by the 720S at a fraction of the price. The 765 is a quantum leap above the Pista and whining about that fact is non sensical.

GT2goneF, JAM1, Jo Sta7 and 2 others like this.
  17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    When Brooks had it dynoed, it read 865. He also mentioned that with the simple tune and down pipes, close to 1000 HP.

18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I received a warning that my post contravened community standards and was deleted because I stated that " people are like sheep, acquiesing to the decrees issued by political leaders."

mdrums and GT2goneF like this.
  19. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I agree. In regards to the sandbagging of HP that someone else posted about, when did we start saying the “competition”/comparison between cars was grouped by HP? Hasn’t it always been by price? The Huracan has always been in the same comparison discussion as the 488/720 but it is 100 HP less. Mclaren keeps pushing the envelope, which is great for the entire segment as it caused everyone else to up their game.

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yes I saw that, I am just saying these things aren't so accurate. Regardless, I will take as much power as I can get. I do find it funny though that some (not naming names) under rate weight and over rate power or give the absolute best possible spec under unreal circumstances. BMW & Porsche are notorious for under rating their cars as well.

Boomhauer and GT2goneF like this.
  21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Ferrari is guilty of official claims of lower weight than reality. That deserves condemnation since it is fraudulent. Yet that does not seem to an issue for someone here.

22. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Doesn’t matter what the dyno says the drag strip confirms the power it is making.

GT2goneF, mkraft3003 and Coincid like this.
  23. Cargt63

Cargt63 Karting

Aug 12, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Marco
    LOL!

24. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    #174 Shack, Feb 20, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    1000% correct. You could argue Ferrari is "lazy" i.e. no CF tub and no weight reduction (or "claimed" not real weight reduction). This is what I absolutely respect McLaren - fixation on weight and tech - for that they get my vote

HOWEVER: Nothing beats the intangible connection one has with a Ferrari - cant manufacture that :)

Drson, Boomhauer and GT2goneF like this.
  25. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    And that’s why I will ALWAYS (God willing and the creek don’t rise) have a Ferrari. But I would like to add a 720 spider or possible a 765 spider at some point.

Drson, Boomhauer, GT2goneF and 2 others like this.