Speaker size in door and tweeter size??? | FerrariChat

Speaker size in door and tweeter size???

Discussion in '360/430' started by Reedhop1, Feb 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Reedhop1

Reedhop1 Karting

Sep 14, 2020
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Reed Hopkins
    What size speakers for the doors and the tweeters? Upgrading system!

janmante likes this.
  2. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    Speak to Mike at Scuderia Audio, he has all the info and equipment you’ll need.
    He has manufactured special brackets and parts for Ferrari car Audio, great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Reedhop1

Reedhop1 Karting

Sep 14, 2020
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Reed Hopkins

4. Reedhop1

Reedhop1 Karting

Sep 14, 2020
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Reed Hopkins
    Wow. Thanks. Do u have the link?

5. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    #5 becausephilchow, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2021
    SoftwareDrone[/USER] I believe is his username here, I could be wrong though.

Mike's a great guy, stand up, and great customer service. Also puts out a stellar product!

sparetireless and SoftwareDrone like this.
  6. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    i would like to know the sizes as well,
    We upgraded some speakers in some other cars and used fairly inexpensive albeit VERY efficient ( hence no need for a big amp ) JBL 2 way speakers and the sound was superlative! much better than OEM ( well TBH , just about ANY speaker would be better than OEM ! )
    We have the Bose upgrade which seems a joke !
    Has anyone tried an underseat sub(s) ? is there room ? some models are less than 2.2" tall !
    we realize there are many fine vendors but really we would prefer to DIY THX !

7. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    See the posts above.
    Mike has all your answers and can supply.
    No affiliation just a very satisfied customer.

8. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    yea we perused his website $1K for F430 speakers ! LOL not even 2 way !

9. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    He's not bargain basement as he manufactures a specification to order, all bespoke for Ferraris and other top marques.
    I didn't want my f430 to look like a boy racer had installed a boom box, blow your ear drums out type audio system.

He'll most likely price match off the shelf stuff and do a deal to fit your budget.

In my years as a buyer for my company I found early on that you get what you pay for,...... buy cheap buy twice.... costs you 4 times.

Good luck :)

janmante likes this.
  10. 66ss427

66ss427 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2017
    N. Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    #10 66ss427, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2021
    I also got door speakers and tweeter pods from Mike. Absolutely great guy to work with !!!!!
    This is what I bought for my doors, from Mike.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

It was the first time I did any speaker changes in my 430. I am not an electrical guy at all !!! The original ones were shot. I didn’t want to be bothered with having to change the wires to and from the stereo. Didn’t want an amplifier or anything else. Just nice easy replacement speakers. This is what he recommended. At that time, I don’t think that Mike had actually installed this exact set into a 430 ?
    I could not get the door cards to sit flush against the door body. We emailed back and forth and the only way that speaker was getting deep enough was to cut some of the door body and make the hole bigger. It was unfortunate, but that’s what I did. I don’t know why I never took a picture of the driver door, but here’s a picture of the opening of the passenger door and a couple of speaker comparison pictures.
    Hopefully all this will help you !!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    Yes indeed well not trying to critique Mike at all, I am reluctant to bother someone for information when I am unlikely to give them my trade I don't feel good about just using someone for information, wasting their time.
    I am noting that the OP asked for the OEM speaker sizes and it prompted a flurry of plugs for Him ! (instead of answering the question ! LOL )
    This seems to happen a lot on FC !
    yes, rest assured we would not trash up the beautiful interior of our F430 ! I always do try to get uber high quality myself . and IME w/ Car Audio , great sound can be had at VERY modest prices. !
    We sourced all 6 of these 2 way JBL speakers to replace the OEM in a Saab car and the sound is truly superlative, much better than OEM, and the tariff was less than $150 ! fr a big box store Amazing ! they all fit behind the OEM speaker grilles so noone knows the brand !
    Some friends guessed much more "premium" high end brands costing 6X as much !
    Ferrari fits the most execrable speakers imaginable so Image Unavailable, Please Login nearly anything would be better !

12. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    JBL are great speakers, have some in my house.
    In my 328 and 430 I have Focal 6.5” Speakers, when I compared them to a few other top brands I found them much sharper and crisp which is the sound I like, they did cost a little more but not a deal breaker.

Before I bought some audio from Mike I did quiz him and he was happy to chat and give me good free advice not knowing if I was buying especially as I’m in UK.
    TBH my exhaust note is so loud on the 430 manual with Fabspeed headers I only listen to music on a motorway run.

janmante likes this.
  13. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The best speakers I have ever heard are the old school JBL 4311b Studio Monitors.

janmante likes this.
  14. Zeroh

Zeroh Rookie

Jun 27, 2014
    London
    Hey Paul - i'd be quite interested to hear your Focals as am considering fitting some in my manual 430 spider also.

Maybe once lockdown is over we could arrange a meet - your not too far from London so could be fun !

15. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    The best I ever heard was the Allison Acoustics 130''s w/ the convex midrange and tweeters ? speakers and one of 2 woofer's mounted backward!
    WHY doesn't someone make them again ! even the engineers of consumers reports said they were the "best" Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    Yea my friend did email Mike , he was not very helpful sorry !

17. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    my friend did email him he was NOT very helpful couldn't or didn't answer his questions did not even know the optional bose system speaker size ! won't get my trade !

18. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    Sounds good to me.
    The F430 comes out of hibernation and SORN 1st April.
    Keep in touch

19. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    All I can say is I had no issues with Mike, he was brilliant.
    As well as buying speakers, tweeter modules, subs and a PX uprated amp, (which is awesome) he had R&D 3D printed unobtainable speaker grills like OEM for my sub woofer box all at a fair price delivered to UK.
    I’m not his agent, no affiliation just my dealings with Scuderia Audio.

janmante likes this.
  20. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Although I try to be as helpful as possible, I do have a confession to make: I don't know everything. :)
    Of the 140+ Ferrari 430 stereo systems I have built and sold worldwide over the last 7 years, I have had precisely 2 inquires regarding 430's with Bose systems. I've never even seen one in real life. And I certainly do not wish to give advice on something I am not completely familiar with. In this instance I can only give general advice, which is: You never want any sounds coming from behind you except bass or mid bass. Otherwise, you destroy your sound stage. If the Bose modules behind the seats give you anything other than this, you should either replace the speakers in those modules with bass or mid bass speakers, or remove the modules entirely. Any IASCA competitor will tell you this (International Auto Sound Challenge Association). I just wish there were someone who lived close by who had these modules so I could do enough research to recommend suitable replacement speakers for the modules.

janmante likes this.
  21. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    very interesting ! my friend would have issues w/ 'sound stage " and require some really creative person to help ! he is deaf in L ear ( dr. screwed up a stapedectomy many years ago ) so theoretically he cannot hear stereo !
    he has a BAHA = ( Bone anchored hearing aid ) which is quite interesting he has titanium fitting like a clothing snap in his skull the device attaches to it and the hearing aid transmits sound fr the device to the R ear thru bone conduction , he has NOT acclimated to the slight delay in sound so he has SOME perception of 'stereo " but not much ! he changes the balance so more sound goes to the left the Bose system has 'OPEN ROOF " setting which makes it sound better w/ the top down !
    IMHO it sounds horrible w/ like virtually NO bass ! the inexpensive ($150 for all 6 ), 2 way JBL he installed sound great in his Saab car ! heaps better than the Ferrari speakers ! Yes the Bose speakers are 4 speakers 2 behind each seat no idea not woofers i think ? the option cost thousands .