812 VS Rumors | Page 173 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Why is the GTS not ‘pure’ in your mind? Because it has a GPF? The SF has cats and all sorts of emissions technology, plus it has all manner of software to manage its sound, its throttle response, its road manners and traction...

Pure in this context must mean a n/a V12 and no other criteria. All the rest is part of that long debate; which car is more raw and visceral etc - some would say everything after the 599 GTO you should forget, some would say the same for the TDF and others would think both of those are just modern-era pretenders. It’s all semantics in some ways - playing with words, but your definition just seems arbitrary.

2. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    You guys are getting one..?

Gr. Martin

3. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    It's cause he has no idea what he is talking about. Anyone who says the GTS is "not pure," has no idea what pure means and has no idea what Ferrari stands for.

4. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Yes

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Have to agree with this. I am completely stumped by the mere thought of the GTS being considered less pure due to the GPF.
    I'm trying to write something, but I can't. Calling the GTS less pure than the SF because of the GPF is just nonsense to me, and I can't wrap my head around it.

It's a Ferrari, it has the heritage and the DNA. It's every bit as pure as the SF.

stavura, Solid State, Avia11 and 5 others like this.
  6. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Yes

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I have to ask, what is your personal experience with the 812 SF and 812 GTS?

Avia11, Gianfranco341 and ForeverCar like this.
  8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    You’re wasting your time on this one. ;)

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Read a few pages back. There's a handful here who made the cut.

456-boy likes this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm sure you're right, but still. When someone says those things, curiosity wins:)

Avia11 and italiafan like this.
  11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    And with that said another Icona lurks somewhere in the background and as well an unknown Formula 1 inspired 6 cylinder model.
    How will Ferrari successfully support the VS plus all these new models even from an engineering starting point let alone building them.
    All of this complicated engineering/design work to be accomplished in the short time frame forced on Ferrari by future more restrictive regulations. Something will have to suffer in this very challenging timeframe...

Maloja likes this.
  12. TP98

TP98 Rookie

Mar 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    T
    Also received the email yesterday. Was told by my dealer it’s going to be “near impossible” to get allocation for Aperta, even after purchasing 9 new cars in the last 13 months including multiple Lusso’s and Roma/Portofino. I guess time will tell!

13. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Congratulations!

9 cars in 13 months is a big number!

Multiple Lusso’s? Did you have a change of heart in color? Or were you just trying to build some Ferrari points?

May the Horse be with you

14. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I own a 2020 812 SF and I’m very happy with it even if I drove just for 1500 miles . I will be even more happy if it will be together to GTS the last N/A V12 . I hate turbo even if what the call zero lag and I hate hybrid solutions . I had some Ferrari cars in the past and I had several electrical gremlins . I don’t even want to think about an Hybrid system . My 2 cents .

of2worlds and italiafan like this.
  15. ilCapo

ilCapo Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2020
    Italy, Canada, the Cayman Islands
    Full Name:
    Frank Schilling
    More special for the 812GTS or for the VS? I'd prefer a mechanical top as a daily special car, or a weekender, regardless of performance. When your supermodel wife/girlfriend coos that she's cold you don't want to go fumbling with a hardtop.

16. TP98

TP98 Rookie

Mar 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    T
    Started with V8, decided to upgrade a few months later after test driving V12. But of course Ferrari points are a welcome extra! ;)

Bas and of2worlds like this.
  17. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    What if it’s an F1 KERS overtake button? V12 engine is tweaked but remains “pure” and additional KERS is added, but controlled by driver when wanted.

18. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    You have to indentify what is a special series that only few can own or normal production series . There is a river in between , a deep river . So for normal persons like me is already a great thing if 812 SF and 812 GTS will be last production series with a N/A V12 . I think we should avoid confusion because special series and production are two completely different realities . If you add the production of 812 SF has been finished within 3 years with a stop for COVID , it makes me feel even better

Maloja likes this.
  19. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Now you have my attention ....!!!!!!

20. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    Did you drive a 812 SF or Gts ? If yes can you tell me if you are able to use all the power ? I’m not able to use mine 100% especially in first and second gear . So except showing to your friends you have more power what do you do with it ? Just curious

21. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Big, heavy cars (812SF) need more torque to get off the line or power out of corners. So, torque adders - turbos, supercharger, hybrid, front motors, awd, ....
    Adding low end torque is all around more useful than 1,500 more rpm. More useful. Not more fun. :D

22. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Has anyone who received confirmation they are on the list been able to figure out the price of the car?

23. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    if you have to ask...

24. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    No. Even the dealers do not know but they expect same difference in pricing as we saw between F12 and TDF (for the coupe)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

25. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Moving a 6.5 engine to 10000rpm sounds quite difficult IMO... A 4.7 engine like on the F50 why not. 6.5 is absolutely enormous, let's not forget that.

Bundy and LARRYH like this.