The real F40 with VIN 90969? (2nd is 85397) | Page 13 | FerrariChat

The real F40 with VIN 90969? (2nd is 85397)

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Aircon, Jan 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    I agree, I have no idea if the blue F40 has anything to do with any crashed example. I may have seen the blue F40 here in Dubai at some point in the past, but did not take any photos.

Are there examples of transactions where cars have assumed the identities of other cars to hide the history of a fatal crash? I guess the duplication only has to go undiscovered long enough to receive payment for the car. Sad.

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Yes, I know of at least two cases, one from 1958 and one from 1970.

Marcel Massini

3. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I did wonder if the blue car was actually still in Dubai, as the import duties and vat to bring it into the UK would have been considerable (unless it came in under classic status). The background in the photos though did seem to appear as if they were taken in the UK.

4. Collesano

Collesano Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    England UK
    From the description in Kaaimans' advert : "The car is currently being UK registered with all taxes paid"

Also in this post on YouTube we can clearly see the car is at Kaaimans together with the Azzurro La Ferrari, which had the same owner in Dubai.

5. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    I have seen the blue La Ferrari at coffee here in Dubai, as recently as last fall.

6. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    The latter is very true...... so could it be that it was originally a stolen car??

I wonder why the selling dealer has completely gone quiet??

Some people have actually stated that the car is a total fake and it was never an F40.

To me this would be very hard to believe.

May the Horse be with you

7. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Marcel,

I am not sure if you have watched this video?

Says the owner took it back to Ferrari for the refurb and the paint;

8. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #308 Marcel Massini, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    ...."took it back to Ferrari"??? What a joke. Ferrari would be the factory in Maranello and I can assure you they would not take a 30+ year old F40 back nor would they paint it blue.
    The guy who did this video has probably no idea what he is talking about. And who is the driver ? If this repaint was done by Zanasi, this is a private company and not owned by Ferrari.
    Yes, it's a free world (or at least was until recently) and anybody can say anything.

Marcel Massini

9. Collesano

Collesano Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    England UK
    The guy behind "MrJWW" who has no clue is "influencer/journalist"... James Walker, he claims to write for The Sunday Times too. (!?)
    Behind the wheel is allegedly the owner "Abdul", with a much changed appearance from this video in 2016.

Kaaiman seems to have chosen the same strategy as the owner of F40 80726 after its history was revealed, it just "disappeared" too.

10. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    The common denominator between 80726 and the blue car, ZANASI...

11. Collesano

Collesano Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    England UK
    #311 Collesano, Feb 18, 2021
  12. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #312 Marcel Massini, Feb 18, 2021
    Aha.
    Abdul Razak Mohammed Nezir Amin. In the "trade" business. See my earlier posts.
    Reminds me of a now Azzurro Blue 288 GTO in that same "garage", a 288 with a rather unhappy early history (1988). I also remember well certain U.S. brokers who desperately tried to sell that 288 repeatedly asking me to "adjust" or "revise" the history of that 288 by simply eliminating parts of the early days, I refused. Those brokers in NJ and PA tried all sorts of "motivation". Their attempts were in Spring 2010. That 288 then went via CA to Australia and ended up in Dubai and is now Azzurro Blue as well.
    Do I believe in coincidences?

Marcel Massini

joe sackey, ChipG and AtSomePoint like this.
  13. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  14. Collesano

Collesano Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    England UK
    H172 NPR (80726) is no longer on the DVLA register.

15. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i dont think the uk police are that much different than those in other countries in this respect....
    when my bbi was stolen to order from my mechanic's garage in geneva in 2010, the alert went out and the thief was filmed leaving geneva into france at one of the border crossings....it was noted, and he was then filmed going through another border crossing (as you know, geneva and france have multiple crossings and it is sometimes easier to go in and out of countries rather than stay in one to get to your ultimate destination), and the police did not stop the thief....
    the car was eventually recovered since the reason why it had been at the mechanics (worn out rear tires from attending the giro di sicilia and targa florio), landed the thief with a flat tire, and he could not figure out how to put on the spare, and ended up abandoning the car in a barn just across the border in france in a barn.

when the police summoned me to the station to go through the paperwork, they were very excited to tell me that this model car had not been stolen in geneva since 1978....to which i responded that this did not surprise me at all given that they stopped making it in 1984 ! then they showed me the videos mentioned above....and when i asked them why they did not stop the thief the first time, and even more damning, why they did not stop him the second time through!?.....the first policeman answered that the douaniers had more important business to attend to....to which i asked 'what more important business did they have to attend to at that lonely crossing other than perhaps some devious swiss person trying to infiltrate the country with contraband meat or butter?'....which they did not like at all....and then the second policeman confessed that they had not stopped the car because the driver was black and the swiss police had recently gotten into a lot of trouble stopping an african diplomat in a ferrari in town, believing it to be stolen....

but, never mind, i got my car back and then had an unpleasant 4 months arguing with insurance companies for the repair of some slight damage sustained in this escapade - but thats another story for another time.

16. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Mr JWW is an extremely credible human. You will never hear a bad word about James and he is very well respected.

The other Chap I cannot comment on aside from the fact that he used to be very public however he has recently disappeared from social media.

17. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Perhaps Marcel should contact Zanasi??

18. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    thats not a bad idea.
    i will repeat that the recent story about the tr stored at zanasi and come out the other side a complete wreck, has left me with a very poor opinion of that shop.
    perhaps unwarranted, however, if you look at pics of that car, and the complete lack of explanation as to how it got that way, i smell a rat.

19. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    For what?
    I don't get it.

Marcel Massini

joe sackey likes this.
  20. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    What has this photo to do with 90969 and/or the blue F40 in the UK?
    I assume the photo does not show 90969 which supposedly is in AUS.

Marcel Massini

21. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    To ask them if they have any records of numbers and markings.

Given they they refurbished the vehicle and painted the car.

They will probably know more about the serial number that is a reproduction too as they most likely had it installed.

22. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I’m not following why it’s Marcel’s responsibility to communicate with Zanasi. In addition, if they’re the ones who “refurbished” the car they’re also the ones likely to have altered the car intentionally to deceive so I wouldn’t put any faith whatsoever in anything they tell MM or anyone else for that matter.

wrxmike, joe sackey and ross like this.
  23. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Perhaps you are in the market for the ultimate Ferrari personalization experience - you choose your favourite model and write your own serial number for it.

Demigod555 and Mattjevans like this.
  24. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    80726 was mentioned in the last page or so as a similar car with a fatal back story, as you know when that fact emerged (with your period pics) the car was pulled from the auction back in late 2017 and appeared to also vanish. Eurospares were linked to the car at the time on here. The photo posted was taken in early 2018 by a google camera car so more than likely the same F40, given it also has plexi windows.