812 VS Rumors | Page 169 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Indeed. I'm sure they know what they're doing..and, at the same time, they can't possibly please everyone.

Doug23 likes this.
  2. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Why such a negative tone? The VS (subject of this thread) looks like it will be a great success for Ferrari, and your assumption is that they will be forced to go all electric in the future. I don’t believe that is certain. There is already behind the scenes acknowledgement in governments that EV alone is not the solution. If they truly want to go carbon neutral, no good just exporting the CO2 to battery-producing China or whoever decommissions the battery at end of life. And that’s before you tackle the intractable issue of how you feed a whole fleet of EVs with electricity. Lots of investment going into hydrogen, for example, which can be used as a fuel cell or even in a combustion engine, both producing zero emissions. A long way to go in terms of development and various reasons why certain solutions might not work but I believe the knowledge that EV can’t do what they want on its own is becoming established.

stavura, Caeruleus11, cesman and 3 others like this.
  3. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    ...and...there isn’t a snowball’s chance in hell I’ll be offered an 812VS coupe.[/QUOTE]

I have owned others as well, but let’s wait and see. I think there is still a lot to sort out here and they have only communicated to the VVIP which may just be the spider version. There will be more cars or allotments that come available. A few slots will hopefully will depend on the dealer and relationship and maybe we have a shot there.

Good luck.

ph7 and italiafan like this.
  4. sh11783

sh11783 Karting

May 19, 2004
    The irony of getting on the list for limited cars doesn’t escape me. You either have to spend a fortune on the depreciation from owning the whole range of F cars consistently over the years eg so Ferrari sees you as a brand ambassador or spend a fortune on Corsa Clienti / Challenge racing which is perceived by the factory as the ultimate commitment to the brand. If you enjoy either of those methods and have the means then do it and enjoy the limited cars as the bonus.

To be brutally honest it is a lot cheaper to buy most of the numbered cars you really want second hand than play the game - even at a premium which for many of the more recent ones isn’t as steep as it used to be. Play whichever way you like and figure out what works best for you but go into the pursuit of limited cars with your eyes open.

5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    You are of course correct. The things I have done and cars that I have purchased have been their own rewards, never a means to an end.
    For instance, I really enjoy time with the family that owns the dealership and going on a trip with them was a lot of fun. The highlight of my one and only trip to Italy was touring the factory, a dream come true. Corsa Pilota at COTA was a sensational, and instructive, several days of track fun. Finale Mondiale was absolutely mind blowing.
    Love the times, love the friends I’ve made, and love all my cars!
    :D

6. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    #4206 day355, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    Not negative, just realistic, i mean digital hybrid cars.
    But you're right, back to VS

Caeruleus11 and KenU like this.
  7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I remember for the tdf we had some leaks to put under the teeth, but know... nothing to eat and I start to be hungry.. really can't wait to see that freakin' car

So 840 hp ? I think it's safe to bet on that number...

ForeverCar likes this.
  8. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Yes it is cheaper! But nothing beats the journey along the way and then finally getting that damn allocation! + You can spec the car to your desire and keep it forever. Buying some second hand rosso corsa with nero interior and red stitching is as boring as it gets. And lets be honest the beautifully specced cars stay with collectors and never hit the market. The crapy speccs get flipped, at least 95% of the time.

JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  9. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    It's much easier to contain the leaks when there are no physical viewings, no transporting of the car to those viewings and not many visiting the factory due to COVID.

of2worlds and dcmetro like this.
  10. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No love for me from my dealer. Maybe I can hope for a second wave of notifications

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

LMH, of2worlds and ForeverCar like this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Doubt very much it will be turbo. No mule has hinted this. EV enhancement? Nah.

12. Greg23

Greg23 Karting
    Owner

Jun 1, 2011
    CH, ITA, USA
    Full Name:
    Greg B.
    This car will be amazing, nice to have the coupe/spider version. Probably around 900 car run between the two versions.

chrixxx, Spider68, MrFloppi and 6 others like this.
  13. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Word is that it will probably be the last large-displacement, non-assisted, naturally aspirated v12 ... although nothing is final until we see it

14. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Rear steering very probably , like on the tdf.

15. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    rear steering only. It scoots around like a forklift!

chrixxx, Condor Man and SeattleStew like this.
  16. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I am in for this feature, I can see the hilarious youtube videos. I also actually laughed out loud at this comment

ForeverCar and Lagunae92 like this.
  17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Getting VS cars as a bonus is exactly what it is for many of us, not the main goal. The main goal is to have fun with the cars we like and racing.

JagShergill and ilcapodizurigo like this.
  18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    For it to be a breakthrough, it needs to be new. The TdF introduced RWS, since it has been used on the Lusso, and 812, so that's not it.

I believe the 599 GTO introduced variable intake runner length.

Maybe a new injection system, or a new diff. New brakes(hopefully). New suspension system.

It can be a ton of things.

19. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Except for this:

20. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Thanks I coudn't remember if the 812 had this feature or not, I was wondering while typing

21. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Yes, but I don't think anything you mentioned would qualify as a 'breakthrough'. I don't think they should have used that word. Just sets you up for a letdown.
    What modern Ferrari's would be considered a 'breakthrough'? I think only the F40 and the LaF.

dcmetro likes this.
  22. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    My understanding is that those that got the email yesterday have qualified for the aperta 812VS and those that have qualified for the coupe are yet to be formally told.

LMH and JTSE30 like this.
  23. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I'm not so sure - if it was such a seminal moment I'd expect Ferrari to make an Icona as a sendoff and price accordingly $1.5m+ why leave so much money on the table? The V12 could be produced for years in limited numbers under the emissions regs.

Doug23 and Avia11 like this.
  24. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    It's nice to see a post from you after a long time! Most of the original Fchat 599XX gang does not post here anymore.

chrixxx, JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Very true. I was thinking about it from the standpoint of Ferrari marketing lingo. When the TdF got RWS, RWS wasn't exactly groundbreaking. We know Ferrari hype things, that's just how it is. They could give it a new type of active aero that is new to Ferrari and call it groundbreaking.

I don't worry about it. I have faith in the idea that the car will be great. My interest is not in its "groundbreaking" feature, but rather just how good the overall car is.

BJK likes this.