Daily driven GTC4 Lusso | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Daily driven GTC4 Lusso

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by RossoF8, Feb 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Lovely atmosphere in the photo. George street?

2. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Do you have the powermagic pro installed?

3. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    Yes. Locked down George Street! prefer the atmosphere when it's a bit busier...
    You obviously know Edinburgh?

Bundy likes this.
  4. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Yes. I lived there for 11 years and worked at the far end of George Street. Happy days!

Bundy and footsoldier like this.
  5. RossoF8

RossoF8 Karting

Aug 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Have been daily driving the Lusso for about a week now. No problems with it starting, even after sitting at work in temperatures below 0°F. I can’t wait for the roads to clear up a bit so I can get out of snowflake mode!

I tried programming the homelink button on the rearview mirror by following what was said somewhere else on this forum, basically holding down the button at the same time as pressing my garage door remote button for 60 seconds. It didn’t work. Anyone know how to do this?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    There is a thread here with instructions from the 812. My Lusso wouldn't accept the garage door code but it worked with a repeater I purchased off Amazon.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

7. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Quite interesting as I have the opposing view regarding the carjacking's. I actually feel safer in the Ferrari, Rolls, etc.. than I do the Porsche, Mercedes, Maserati, etc. Someone carjacks my Ghost it's quite apparent and easier to find. BMW/Mercs/Porsches/Ranges/etc are a dime a dozen and much more easier to take and a broader market for parts.

8. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Same, I'd leave mine (458/Cali/599) off trickle for 1-2 weeks at a time with zero issues.

9. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Congrats!!

RossoF8 likes this.
  10. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Hi Walter,
    I would agree with you in principle but most of the carjackings lately in Chicago are perpetrated by teenage "minority", kids basically.
    They do it for sport and joy rides, in most cases they abandon the car within a short time frame.
    Being carjacked by the pros who want to strip it or send it to Nigeria would be safer then by amateur kids looking to entertain themselves.
    Raised on Grand Theft and similar games, they have absolutely ZERO respect for human life and that makes them unpredictable and extremely dangerous, even when the victim fully cooperates.

11. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    The Lusso is amazing in snow. Seems like nothing will stop it except for it possibly high siding in deep snow which you need to avoid anything over 4 to 5 inches. You need to watch the front spoiler when the car drives in the tire ruts on the road for it could possibly be damaged by the deep snow/ice in the center of the road.

You are correct with the low profile winter tires being vulnerable to potholes. I hit a small one another day and it caused my front tire to have a inside side wall bubble. New tire needed.

Otherwise the car feels amazing to drive in winter weather. The joy of enjoying a V 12 Ferrari all year round in Canada.

Some pictures of the car being dropped off at my dealer.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Is that Frank Holand? Saw a YouTube video of a very similar spec at that dealership. Helped me decide what I wanted when I looked for one. Daytonas look awesome.

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If you have potholes like that, seriously consider upgrading your tyres.

Wredestein Wintrc Pro in 245/40R20 and 275/40R20. They will run circles around the OE winter shoes and they will also be more comfy, quiet and most important of all, offer much better pothole protection.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    @Il Co-Pilota recommended these tires to me and I can tell you they are absolutely fantastic. There are four small things to note:

1- His post has a type o - the tires are Vredestein (a very very good brand but one that is not as prominent as the usual suspects)

2- Either the fronts or rears are speed rated “only” to 149 MPH - I view this as a non issue as my driving never would see this speed and frankly I stop the fun before triple digits.

3- When new these tires need about 200 miles to break in, they can feel a little greasy until the break in is complete.

4- Comfort is increased, road noise is reduced! So the car is even more “Lusso”

These tires give me the confidence to go out and enjoy the car in the winter. The added profile really helps with all the broken roads. And the tires have great grip and give very good feedback. I highly recommend these tires. Unless you live in a place where you will be constantly doing speeds that exceed 149 MPH.

Also, as you have noted, its best to use the modes. Ferrari has spent a lot of time and energy to develop these modes, they are so well sorted. Snow mode is amazing when there is snow on the ground. With the roads damp and full of junk I use wet mode. I only go to sport mode when the roads are truly dry. It will allow you to get sideways :)

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Bundy, Il Co-Pilota and otakki like this.
  15. RossoF8

RossoF8 Karting

Aug 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
  16. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    My wife drives this Lusso...Frank must have good taste...lol.

17. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    This is the clip. Car has same Daytona seats with stripes.

18. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    As of next weekend, I will have owned my Lusso for a year, and 14000 miles.
    Fantastic car - does anything and everything. Even the French police loved it! Took pics of engine while giving me a speeding ticket, and made me do a full boar launch on departure…
    Only negative is that you can leave your keys in the trunk and it will lock…

Best ‘daily’ I’ve ever had, and possibly the best daily ever made?

Attached Files:

Matt L, Nicky_Santoro, otakki and 6 others like this.
  19. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    I found this out the hard way while >50 miles from home. I had two car seats in the back as well (which take a bit of work to put in), so even if Ferrari Roadside could jimmy their way into the cabin, it would be quite the mess to get into the trunk. We ultimately got in, but it wasn't a very Ferrari-like experience.

Point being, on long trips, bring both keys.

Matt L, footsoldier and of2worlds like this.
  20. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    I was 700 miles from home, in France, and 2hrs away from tunnel crossing back to UK.
    I also had <5hrs validity left on my Covid -ve test result needed to get home!

Impressively, I called Ferrari assist in the UK, and they had a man with the right amount of brute force arrive at hotel in France 80 minutes later...
    Had to access trunk through back seats, but easy enough without any kids seats in the way.

21. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    of2worlds likes this.