For Sale - 1965 275 GTS - Ferrari Classiche - Stunning and impeccable | FerrariChat

For Sale 1965 275 GTS - Ferrari Classiche - Stunning and impeccable

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Marco MC, Feb 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marco MC

Marco MC Rookie

Dec 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco
    One of the best 275 GTS is now available from the owner.

1965, sold new in Milan, full history known since day one. Ferrari Classiche certified. Impeccable condition, with few hundreds kms since a nut&bolt restoration. Stunning colour scheme, Blue Chiaro (metallic light blue) and Pelle Rossa (red leather interior). It drives like a dream. If you are in the market for a classic open two-seater Ferrari from the ’60s, you can not find a better choice.

Monaco registration. Euro 1.35M OVNO (please no silly offers).

Available for inspection in Monaco, by appointment.

Please, only serious enquiries

PM me to express interest.

2. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I have no interest in trying to import a car to the states but I'm sure everyone would love to drool over some pictures if you get a chance :)

Caphill, Oengus, Husker and 3 others like this.
  3. Marco MC

Marco MC Rookie

Dec 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Frankly speaking, the purpose of my thread was not as pompous and ambitious as making people drooling. My motive was quite modest, only finding one (even not two) serious buyer for my little carriage :)

Pictures are available for interested parties, through PM.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Tifoso and of2worlds like this.
  4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Let me paint you a picture... Americans can be leary of overseas scams. No I'm not calling you a scammer but showing your car and that it exists etc... Is what is appealing to the american market. Dangling a tease may not be as attractive as you might think. But I could be wrong. It only takes one person

5. Marco MC

Marco MC Rookie

Dec 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco
    technom3, I appreciate your efforts in painting me a picture, thanks.
    Just send a PM: I’ll give you all the necessary proof I’m not a scammer and full evidence the car exists. Sending a PM and replying to a thread, both take the same time and energy.

6. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Seems strange for a car like this to be posted in a sea of 'common' Ferraris....

eskamobob1 likes this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  8. Marco MC

Marco MC Rookie

Dec 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco
  9. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I have absolutely no dog in this hunt, but, and I'm posing this as a fan, not a buyer, but what's the harm in posting a few photos of the car here? I get it, you want serious buyers only, and maybe you'll get one here, but the site is full of ardent Ferrari fans who would love to see some current photos of the car.

D

10. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Which is why I usually prefer to post so many people can read something instead of answering dozens of PM's, but I value my time more than my privacy. GLWS

Boomhauer and technom3 like this.
  11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    is this YOUR car?

dm_n_stuff, UroTrash and technom3 like this.
  12. Marco MC

Marco MC Rookie

Dec 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Whoa, I never had in my life such a feeling to be under indictment. I was thinking to advertise one of the beautiful cars of a close friend in Monaco.
    He’s quite a computer-illiterate, furthermore he doesn’t like to waste time with endless correspondence with unknown people, hence he asked me for a help. He recommended absolute discretion, I did not keep my promise listing his car on FerrariChat but I thought this is the best tool for reaching a worldwide audience of Ferrari collectors. But instead of a bunch of potential buyers I have found a ... courthouse. :)
    I’d like to point out I’m not a broker/dealer, I’m not acting as a “third man” in this deal and I'm not working for a fee, just for friendship.
    What's wrong in seeking for discretion? Once the pictures are online, we loose control of them. If an interested party will ask me through PM (as a well esteemed, long-term FerrariChat member already did) I will send him all info, pictures, invoices, certificate. But the well mannered interested parties are writing a PM with full real name and a phone number, and maybe we'll understand we already met at some car event or we have common friends ...
    I'm sorry to look rude but I have to say "if you are not interested in this car, because my adv looks a scam, I look very suspicious and sketchy, the car not existing, ..... look somewhere else. If you understand the meaning of discretion, write me a PM and we'll have a healthy, sound, fair communication maybe bringing to a satisfactory deal". Sorry for my low level of English, but - you know - here in Nigeria education is not at the best standard. Amen

VaX, nismodrifter, NYC Fred and 8 others like this.
  13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that's fine.

eskamobob1 likes this.
  14. Marco MC

Marco MC Rookie

Dec 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Do you know a better place where to advertise "a car like this"? I am open to suggestions, as I thought FerrariChat was the ultimate place even for "a car like this".

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    it is, but also the most picky and we're a little callused to scammers and untruthful info. the less info provided usually the more red flags we have.

be patient, users will come around if this is on the up and up. there would be similar scrutiny by a dealer/broker to list, auction, or even on BAT. we are just quicker and more efficient. ;)

16. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Marco MC, I think you read wrong some of the posts here, not one was attacking or doubting you yet.
    As technom3 already mentioned, Fchatters are a bit jaded maybe and not ready to trust a relatively unknown member from the get go, they witnessed and experienced countless scammers from all over the World and that makes everyone very careful before accepting anything (from new posters) at face value.
    What you took as a distrust and "courthouse", was nothing but just friendly tips and advice to make your ad more credible and for you to avoid even more scrutiny.
    Your getting defensive and being unpleasantly surprised by the members here who would not readily accept your ad as gospel is definitely not helping either.
    An ad with lots of information and a few good quality photographs goes a long way and would definitely ensure to be accepted and trusted as a "legitimate".
    FChat is a great place to advertise a Ferrari for sale, all you need to do is accept the unwritten rules of it and go along with it.
    Good luck and I hope you will find a great buyer for that car.

17. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Was the Nigeria reference a clever joke ?

VaX, TJsBeer, carguyjohn350 and 6 others like this.
  18. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    You said it much better than I did.

Marco MC and Jakuzzi like this.
  19. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Mordant and clever, with a dash of superiority.

Racedrvr, VaX, TJsBeer and 4 others like this.
  20. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Not if you want a free ad with a bunch of rabid Ferrari fans and other general car nuts with tens or occasionally hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend. Cars like this are usually sold at high end specialty auctions in Europe or Carmel where they can be thoroughly vetted and advertised to the heavy hitters of car collecting.

cairns, NuorderSG and carguyjohn350 like this.
  21. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    ****Ferrari Market Letter used to be considered the bible for Ferrari classifieds. I would definitely put it there. There is not a Ferrari collector in the world, who is active in the market, who does not check there. Ads are brief and to the point.

BringATrailer (BAT) might work ok for you. But with the car in Europe and you reluctant to post pictures and details, not so much. BAT is about hundreds of pictures and responding to many comments and questions for a week or two.

Hemmings? Does anyone still regularly check Hemmings? It used to be the spot for old car classifieds.

Anamera.com- seems to be Euro focused, although a lot of adds seem to be old.

Mobile.de- It's big, it's free.

And of course, right here is great!

carguyjohn350 and Marco MC like this.
  22. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark

I still do. It's fun to see what pops up now and then. During a lull I'll pop over, check a decade box and just scroll. :D

23. 348TN

348TN Karting

Oct 14, 2020
    Chattanooga TN
    Full Name:
    Full Name
    Dont think this is a BaT car (shocking right? not everything is) ... the OP is lightly floating this around to an enthusiast group. I respect that. A serious buyer will take it offline. Most buyers of 1MM+ cars dont like hundreds of pictures spread all over the internet for everyone to see.
    I dont personally know any of the parties here just to be clear.

jimpo1 and Marco MC like this.
  24. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I found the Nigerian joke rather funny lol

25. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Wait the OP states that he does not want to waste his time but is wasting more time with this than posting a few photo's... This may not be a Nigerian Scam but it is FUNNY