812 VS Rumors | Page 163 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Can confirm no one will be allowed to get coupe and Aperta. Aperta only for TOP customers.

ForeverCar and 456-boy like this.
  2. ph7

ph7 Karting

Jul 8, 2019
    I think 812 les mans or 812 Daytona would be really cool names

JagShergill, of2worlds and F140C like this.
  3. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    TOP customers have already been asked which model they prefer.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

TSOYBELIS, ForeverCar, F140C and 2 others like this.
  4. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    #4054 dcmetro, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    My thoughts

Tuono : Sounds really close to Tuna in many languages.

Mugello : Sounds great. Like for the Tdf, I'm bothered by the fact that it it's already the name of a color.

Furia ; Jesus please no. The perfect name for a hideous lamborghini small series.

5. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    As we know teaser coming tomorrow and according to Marcel car will be presented beginning of March. When do you guys see the first ones realistically arriving at dealers and over what time period will they be built. Looking back at the F12TDF, the car was presented in October 2015 and the first ones arrived by December of 2015. The last TDFs were probably delivered in Spring of 2017. Hence almost 1.5 years in total. Given that now Monzas are finishing up and 812 GTS are still occupying the V12-factory-line do you think for the 812VS this might be longer?

6. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Have to agree about Furia, sounds something that might come out of Sant'Agata. But It's also Forghieri's nickname...quite a legend in Ferrari's history.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. ph7

ph7 Karting

Jul 8, 2019
    they could also give a tribute to some of the great F1 drivers - 812 Lauda would be awesome.

F140C likes this.
  8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure that would fit anything but a one-off or the like. There's nothing in the 812 that links to a driver per se. This is usually not what Ferrari does.

I still hope for 812 Mille Miglia...

The Mille name has been out of the game for too long.

But I do wonder if Mugello will be the name.

9. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Did factory reach out to you yet on Aperta?

10. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I don't understand the love for open top VS's... Ferrari works hard to make the car lighter, sharper, and stiffer... juste to make them heavy and un-stiff (I invent words) again on the convertible...

A 812 Gts & 812 VS coupe would be the abolute perfection to have ... but I don't drive those cars so I'll let the experienced driver and owners give me their opinion

LVP488, ScrappyB and NZCREW like this.
  11. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Maybe I missed something (likely), but has 'GTO' fallen from favor/likelihood? o_O Too soon after 599?

12. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    I agree totally. VS should be a hardened track focused GT and open top designed for cruising. GTS nails this brief.

LVP488, ScrappyB and dcmetro like this.
  13. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    well s
    Well said -

14. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Last Tdfs were delivered in November/December 2017

of2worlds, SECRET and 456-boy like this.
  15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    For me it is somewhat hypocritical to say that it should not be made as an open top because that's wrong to do compared to the coupé. If it should be done in a way that made it "wrong", fine, then make it a proper track machine from the start.
    No more rubber bushings, no more rubber brake lines. Give it at least a 6 point cage, light CF bonnet, lighter "glass", stiff suspension like Porsche does, give it harnesses, strip the interior down like a 360 CS, give it brakes that can run on track and last, ship it with Castrol SRF fluid etc. Until you do all that, you are still very much looking at a street car, especially when you look at the plush interior, A/C, hifi and what not. A/C, all the carpets and the upgraded hifi makes as little sense as the drop top from a performance standpoint.

Have you spent some time with the Pista and Pista Spider on track to learn what they actually are? I think that is somewhat of a must if you want to call the drop top car out for being wrong compared to the coupé. There's nothing wrong with thinking that a VS car should be a proper track machine, but you can't fault the drop top for not being one compared to the coupé if the coupé is not one either.
    Unless you make some serious changes, the natural habitat of the current VS cars is on the road, not the track.

16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Which to me is a shame, because instead of having specific models with a distinct brief we just get more expensive and exclusive versions for people wanting to show they spend more money.

17. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Yes agree and by the way the pista spider is an amazing car. Faster than the Challenge car in a straight line (because of less downforce) and if it isn’t stiff I certainly couldn’t tell.

I think both 812 coupe and aperta will be great I think it’s just a matter of personal preference. I have driven the 812 hard on track and it’s a hoot to drive but you can’t hide its weight and heavy front end so in that sense neither will be a “track car” nor is any road car with real glass, no roll cage, no fire system etc etc. They will both just be amazing, fun, special.

The interesting question is that if coupe and aperta cost the same and were made in the same numbers and market value was always the same, which one would you choose?

Bundy, of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I don’t understand this comment. These are road cars, toys that no one needs, for fun only, bought by people like those posting here that are highly passionate about the brand. I grew up in Rome and drove a yellow 1973 Fiat 500. I would stop on the way home after a night out with friends and press my nose up against the window of the SAMOCAR showroom on the Lungo Tevere and hope that one day I would have one.
    As for the “more expensive and exclusive versions” Ferrari is a public company. They do a great job of stirring up excitement for new models as evidenced by the 163 pages of comments right here. If you have a Ferrari and don’t like being a customer sell it. If you think Ferrari get too much out of their franchise and focus too much on profits then buy some stock in the company. You too can share in the profits.

19. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    My comment was not specially angry at anybody, I just regret that Ferrari does not seem to be interested in some markets - they could satisfy buyers of exclusivity with different propositions (and they already do it, cars like the Monza are fantastic for that) without "hijacking" claimed track-focussed road cars. I understand the "track-focussed road car" is a niche market between sports road cars and pure track cars, but I'd wish it be addressed by Ferrari - which is no more the case.

20. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I don’t understand what you are saying. What sort of car would you like Ferrari to make?

21. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    I spider sono solo per i playboys americani

Yes too big & not built for daily track use in OEM clothes - just found out at my first yearly my 812 needs a new set of shocks all around after 1200 track miles.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

j09333 and of2worlds like this.
  22. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I think this would be a great choice. No single race was more tied to the early success of Ferrari.

23. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    1,200 track miles in an 812? That’s epic do you have pics? If you enjoy track driving may I highly recommend a 488 challenge car. The most exciting, most fun, most laugh-out-loud car I have ever driven.

MarkTodd, of2worlds and Scudmsl like this.
  24. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Speaking of, are you in for 2021?

25. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Some successor to the Challenge Stradale, going even further in the initial direction i.e. differentiated from the standard car in its purpose and not in its presentation - a car to go to the track by the road, and not a standard car modified to go upmarket. They could - and should - still do the upmarket versions, there are certainly valuable customers for these and I have no issue with that, but while they seem to go in every directions to expand their addressable markets (with every day cars or the future SUV) I just regret they do not care about this particular market.