Mr Stroll Collection | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Mr Stroll Collection

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by amenasce, Dec 19, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I do not know what else he owns. I hope he is allowed to hold on to the vintage stuff if he has some.

3. amust

amust Rookie

May 6, 2016
    Aston Martin dealer in Montreal and eastern Canada is Decarie Motors and they been around for some 70 years. Stroll sold is 288GTO F50 LaFerrari and the Enzo to one gentleman in Montreal
    Cheers

of2worlds likes this.
  4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Allowed? I can see a team/car manufacturer having a driver sign a contract to not drive other brands during work-related events. Other than that I can't see how they could ask one to sell off possessions and why anyone would agree to it for that matter...

5. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Hakkinen was told to sell his 360 Modena when he was driving for Mclaren.

6. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I didn't even know Seb. had a decently sized collection of cars. Then again, I didn't know Seb. had 3 kids until last year. I still see him as this young driver who lives a very plain, out-of-the-public eye life when he's not racing.

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Guess those drivers aren't as in-demand as they may think. Lewis seems to be able to drive whatever he wants...LaFerrari, McLaren F1 (BMW engine), etc.

Good thing Seb didn't go out and buy an F2004 he was trying to do...having to part ways with that would have been no fun to drive for Stroll.

Lusso123 likes this.
  8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    250 LWB California, BMW 507 among others. I would expect one or two 300SLs?

9. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Or maybe Mercedes does not care bc they are clearing house so easily? Or they know Lewis owning some sportscars is actually a good sign that he likes driving.
    I always thought it was dumb and reflected poorly on the brand vs allowing Mika to drive around in his 360 that he bought with his money. Many flavors to enjoy when you have the pockets.

People have been reaching out to me on Insta to tell me it was Ferrari who said there was a conflict (i guess the Ferrari of Quebec store) and that Stroll did not like it and said ok, everything goes.

of2worlds and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  10. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Very nice!

11. NunoRosso

NunoRosso Karting

Dec 10, 2007
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    This right here.
    It's getting a little ridiculous, don't you guys think? First Stroll selling his prized collection and now Vettel following his footsteps...
    I mean, who knows if in 5 years time Stroll isn't tired of his Aston Point Jordan India and decides to sell it all together with the AM Lagonda holding...
    Many bigwig collectors have vintage Ferraris and Astons and Porsches and whatever they desire. They have F.U. money precisely to say F.U. to these kinds of potential "conflicts of interest" :D

Like I said earlier, I understand Stroll selling the FXX/FXX-K cars and I would understand Vettel if he sold a recent Ferrari F-car (I think he got none though) - they're rolling testing beds after all.

But selling the vintages... makes no sense IMO

12. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I believe he has a 288GTO too.

13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    THAT makes absolute sense from my experience of the corporate world and I do believe it.

The dealership would no longer be his priority and he would very much have a vested interest in selling cars directly competing with Ferrari.

When I was a one person racing team in England in 1986 learning the ropes in Formula Ford based at Silverstone I applied for work with various racing companies at or near the circuit. One company owner told me but Marc since you race yourself aiming to become a professional driver that would take precedence for you over a job with us.

I could not honestly refute that.

His name? David Richards, founder owner of Prodrive who knows a thing or two about racing and business interests, hugely successful.

Then I spent that winter at Reynard assembling new Formula Ford 2000's. It was winter with no racing going on so they did not mind me working on my car evenings as long as it did not affect my productivity and work quality. They emphasized that because they had seen such situations go wrong.

14. Javin.P

Javin.P Rookie

Sep 10, 2020
    North America
    Full Name:
    J.P
    Any chance it was Luc Poirier? I've heard he bought the f60 and possibly F40 off of Stroll

15. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Ferraris are cars. You can't take em with you. If they are not bringing joy into your life, why not sell?

[gTr] likes this.
  16. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'm still kinda shocked Stroll is selling off his Ferrari collection. He has/one of the best in the world. I wonder if the N.A.R.T spider is also going to go. He paid 27 million just for that one car. Any word on the GTO sale?..

ag512bbi and of2worlds like this.
  17. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

You and me both.

18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
  19. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The P4 went to Denmark. I wonder if to the same owner who has a road legal FXX?

of2worlds likes this.
  20. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    scroll down to 'What you are getting'. Seems to be done.

of2worlds likes this.
  21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    My point was all that work done on the site to upgrade the track is worthless if the property is converted to residential development as was suggested.
    Redevelopment would make many of the local residents a lot more happy as they are very much opposed to those 'noisy' race cars.

Lusso123, Texas Forever and BJK like this.
  22. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!