The Official LaFerrari APERTA Picture Thread | Page 71 | FerrariChat

The Official LaFerrari APERTA Picture Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by dcmetro, Jul 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Black, white, yellow and red were the only official Aperta color choices.
    There are some blue coupe versions that were ordered.

2. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    You forgot grey !!! Grigio Ferro ! I jumped on my keyboard so suddenly I almost (Don't have the word) my cup of coffee

Chose your lawyer, the Grey revolutionnary council will judge you at 02:00 PM :p:D

tomc and Garretto like this.
  3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH

Yes humble apologies to the Grey Revolutionary Council for my mistake in failing to note Grigio Ferro as one of the best color choices among the LaFerrari Aperta paint offerings.
    In my defence as noted by my lawyer C. Moore Cullors I was blinded by the alligator.
    I would like to enter the following exhibits in my defence.
    First the amazing Grigio Ferro >

Image Unavailable, Please Login

This Grigio Ferro was however overwhelmed by the presence of the 'alligator'

and even more alligator simply obliterated Grigio Ferro from my thoughts!

As you will note 'alligator' permeates the interior with an intensity that will banish Grigio Ferro from ones thoughts.

With that said I would humbly petition the Grey Revolutionary Council to accept a penance of no blue cars shown for a period of time not exceeding the current month.:(
    A sincere MERCI to dcmetro for his continued strong advocacy on behalf of the Grey Revolutionary Council!

F2003-GA, 9nb, Scudmsl and 4 others like this.
  4. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    The only blue Aperta I know of is owned by Mr. Mann, although his was a repaint after initial delivery, iirc. Not sure if he's still active here, though.

5. chouch

chouch Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2008
    There is also a baby blue Aperta in the US. I believe the owner got his LaF coupe in that baby blue from the factory, but the Aperta is a respray.
    Both cars can be seen here:
    If you dig a bit on youtube, there's a interview of the owner talking about it.

LamboLover and of2worlds like this.
  6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Who gets a brand new Ferrari (any Ferrari, but particularly a super car) and repaints it? Crazy.

Johnny_Bravo likes this.
  7. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I think Mr. Mann's decision is well understood. The guy has a thing for TDF blue with both of his XX cars in it, as well as a LaFerrari coupe. Kind of odd Ferrari didn't just straight up give owners a crack at picking it for the Aperta to begin with. TDF blue has got to arguably be, the most famous blue they have & well known Ferrari colors, tmk.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I would agree that they should have offered TDF Blue, but to take a brand new Aperta and paint it? Oh well. When I look at some (many, unfortunately) of the awful LaFerrari and Aperta specs, nothing surprises me.

9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Some people simply don't accept 'no' as a final answer. With sufficient resources almost anything can be accomplished. Taste along with other aspects is in the eye of the beholder...

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Wow! What company redid the interior like that?

I've noticed he hasn't posted in a long time. What happened? Is everything okay with him? His blue Aperta is stunning...glad he painted it. Probably has a better quality paint finish than what left the factory based on some detailing photos I've seen of the LaF.

dustman likes this.
  11. chouch

chouch Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2008
    They should have offered the full color spectrum available when speccing any Ferrari car with the Tailor Made department.
    We're talking about a $2.5m limited car here, offered to their top vip customers. Pumping out 209 Aperta before the end of a fiscal year shouldn't be a reason to refuse a color choice to your very best clients. Oh well, at least Ferrari was able to pump out those ugly Cali T 70th anniverary liveries...

12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The interior was finished at the Ferrari factory by tailor made for $146k.

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    So was the exterior color a factory option or tailor made? No idea owners could have their Apertas done by Tailor Made...

14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    That Grigio Ferro LaFerrari coupe was a tailor made build specification. 2014 still with 326 miles total.
    I was simply having a bit of fun with @dcmetro but the details are correct as noted.

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Where are transaction prices on Aperta’s?

of2worlds likes this.
  16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Actually, I’m very thankful Ferrari dramatically limited the options on the Aperta. Though I know it’s a commonly held assumption that they needed to because of a short production timeline, my suspicion is it had much more to do with the incredible lack of taste that many of the LaFerrari owners possessed in choosing their cars’ specifications. It’s amazing to me how Ferrari allowed so many of their flagship cars to be ordered the way they were. Given the significance of these cars from a branding and legacy perspective, I think they decided to protect themselves from the choices of many of their clients. Unfortunately, they still offered black wheels as an option on the Aperta. Still, I would have offered a few more color options, but not many.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  17. chouch

chouch Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2008
    Long are gone the days when it was rumored Ferrari wouldn't paint a car pink :)
    Ferrari is running a business, and special colors is a very lucrative business. They charge north of $30k for a regular triple layer paint. God know how much if you want a shade of red named after you and exclusive to you. If find it more amazing they would actually leave that kind of easy mone on the table.

Is it an assumption that they wanted to push the car out as quick as possible ? I thought it was the actual reason given by the factory, that they pretty much clogged their own system trying to produce 350 cars for the 70th anniversary liveries.

Monsieur Yoge and Boomhauer like this.
  18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Precisely. If it was just about the money, Ferrari could have painted Aperta's any color someone wanted and charged whatever the heck they wanted. After seeing many of the LaFerrari liveries, I'm thankful they didn't. I believe they realized that these cars are their modern flagships, and they represent the legacy of their brand today and for many decades to come. Keeping things elegant and simple was the correct move. Again, I would have been fine with them adding a few more colors, but I'm happy they kept it simple. I think the ideal options model was the Enzo - limited exterior and interior colors and no black wheels (at least that I have ever seen). Just my opinion.

19. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ahahah you're pardoned :D

of2worlds likes this.
  20. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France