Topspeed headers | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Topspeed headers

Discussion in '360/430' started by ttforcefed, Sep 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Any issues getting them installed?

2. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    no not at all. Only issue was getting factory off but was Solved quickly. Only Mistake I made was I didn’t have them coated before I put them on. I had to get them coded and reinstalled keep the heat down.... like 6 months later

3. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
  4. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    why didn't you guys just ck them w/a straight edge ? Mk 1 eyeballs w/a good straight edge would be close enough ! -pretty accurate actually !
    I have some top speed headers they were fine ! bought them a few months back !
    for heat proofing ? we're using Swain tech coatings in NY for ceramic /porcelain coating ( jet hot is just a paint and not as good ! ) NASCAR racers use Swain tech ! we will also use 2,000 deg wrap on top of the ceramic/ porcelain

5. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I finally sanded the flanges flat on my set. I then went to install them and now the holes don't line up. Hellen Keller could have welded a better set. The worst part is I'm not the only one I've heard this from and I know the owner is aware of these issues but doesn't seem to want to make a new 360 jig.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    crazy. so they got the 430 template right but not the 360 and they wont update the 360 template, basically?

when we called TS to tell them they said they were shocked and it never happens lol

one4torque and imahorse like this.
  7. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    That would be how it appears. I have a hard time believing that they don't know. The guy didn't seem remotely surprised I had fitment issues and didn't seem to care until I went on social media about it.

janmante likes this.
  8. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    THX I will carefully check ! compare them to OEM ! so the F430 are alright? I already checked the parallel they are flat and perfect !

9. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    If the flanges are flat and the holes for the studs line up, you should be good. This seems to be more of a 360 problem which is funny because they charge more for 360 exhaust components last I checked.

janmante likes this.
  10. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    #35 imahorse, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    The saga continues. After spending days getting the flanges into reasonable spec for the thick gaskets included (in hindsight I should have taken them somewhere) I mounted them on the car. It became apparent quickly that the OEM nuts (which appear to have a locking mechanism on top) will not clear the stud. Sure, I could have the nuts halfway on the stud, but I think that is a terrible idea. If you had the headers installed with the gaskets provided, you will have this problem. It's as if there was no R&D done. I now am having the flanges done by someone else with better equipment and getting the thin OEM gaskets so that the nuts are properly installed. The part of the header that goes to the cat pipe doesn't fit right either and I've had to modify that as well. It's almost spring and I still don't have my car back together after the ridiculous amount of setbacks with these headers. I have spent more time getting them to fit than was spent making them. I have never been so disappointed in an auto parts purchase before. 360 owners beware.

11. Ikketull

Ikketull Rookie

Dec 28, 2020
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Erik Larsen
    I just purchased Top speed headers for my 07 430, after my MK2’s sprung a leak on the pax side after a track day. I live in the DFW area so I picked mine up in person. I messed up by not checking the flanges at the shop. One flange were of by 1/8inch. The other 1/32inch. Called Topspeed. They agreed to cover cost of having the headers decked. Paid $150 for the decking, purchased the gasket set from Ricambi and had the headers coated inside and out. Installed with no problem and no leaks. Got code P0420 & 0430 the next day.
    Purchasing Mini cat O2 sensors from Big Daddy’s.
    So far happy considering cost savings vs other headers.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. Dougster

Dougster Karting

Feb 28, 2013
    Dallas TX Area
    Nice. I am probably next in line. Who did your coating?

13. Ikketull

Ikketull Rookie

Dec 28, 2020
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Erik Larsen
    Specialized Performance Coat in Arlington TX. (817) 274-1947. $250. Highly recommended. Took 3 days. I am very pleased with results.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    360 top speed header user here—

had them decked at a machine shop, and I had to slightly enlarge a couple mount holes to match the studs on the heads.

I used the top speed gaskets.
    I’m running fabspeed blankets

No issues after almost a year and 3k miles