430 - Stainless Steel Brake Lines | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ray Smith, Sep 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    That's a good deal. If I had known about your shop I would have ordered from you. You supply the crush washers,
    I had to source my own. I like the yellow coating ... nice contrast to the red calipers. Price is excellent.

Ray

2. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    #27 janmante, Feb 15, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    yes, Dan had the pipes "ceramic coated "by a local outfit and apparently they used a inflammable regular powder coat paint !
    Why I am sending my pipes to the experts @ Swain tech coatings in NY They do work for nearly ALL the top NASCAR teams ! and theirs is a REAL porcelain / ceramic coating ( not a paint like jet hot , EG ) and it is up to 50% effective in blocking heat as opposed to 35% Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    He went cheap and used a company that obviously didn't know WTF they were doing. What moron powdercoats headers??? Thats not a mistake...that a company that has no business doing automotive work. Instead of using a reputable company, he went cheap and paid the price.
    Also, a person of experience can tell what a ceramic coat and powercoat looks like. Dan obviously couldn't tell.

janmante likes this.
  4. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    [QUOTE="janmante, post: 147739651, member: 246630"
    Why I am sending my pipes to the experts @ Swain tech coatings in NY They do work for nearly ALL the top NASCAR teams ! and theirs is a REAL porcelain / ceramic coating ( not a paint like jet hot , EG ) and it is up to 50% effective in blocking heat as opposed to 35% View attachment 3090636 [/QUOTE]

How much does it cost to ship something that bulky to NY?

Ray

janmante likes this.
  5. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Upon further review, I think I will order a set for my 430. For that price it's a no brainer.

Ray

janmante and autowerks9 like this.
  6. honda corse

honda corse Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2011
    Vancouver & Whistler
    Full Name:
    mark buchmann
    I’d also recommend upgrading brake pads to Ferodo DS2500, it’s a night and day difference on the track and behaves well on the street (no squealing, heats up quickly).

7. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    How much does it cost to ship something that bulky to NY?

Ray[/QUOTE]
    shipping fr AZ to NY ?
    Not that expensive really ! less than $100 ! the aftermarket headers and test pipes are not that bulky ! ( or heavy ) The headers came fr UK to here !
    BTW those are "resonated" test pipes , NO cats they have a Image Unavailable, Please Login small ,non restrictive glasspack section to deepen the exhaust note Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ray Smith likes this.