COVID-19 Vaccinations | FerrariChat

COVID-19 Vaccinations

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tazandjan, Feb 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jan and I got our first injection yesterday. How are the rest of my V12 buddies doing, or am I such an old fart I qualified early?

2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    LOL! I'm healthcare so had both already. Me and TommyC (dentist) are complete and both shots were no big deal except soreness for a couple days at the injection site. The real stat is like 85% have no severe reactions similar to the dreaded root canal that is 90% of the time not painful at all but the 10% put the fear of God in the rest of us. Congrats on getting the process 1/2 done. It is quite freeing mentally. The vax system might seem chaotic but the nuts and bolts are amazingly well set up for safety. Checks and balances are always good. Remember the manufactuer you got and verify what you get at shot 2 with the person having the syringe in hand or look at the vial. I'm paranoid that way. I'm a measure 3 times cut once kind of guy and no one is above making mistakes.

ColGraves and Texas Forever like this.
  3. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    We get our second shot tomorrow, 28 days after the first.

4. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    we get our second shot on Tuesday ...yay !

5. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    Get the second next week.

6. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Wife was an early qualifier. Got first shot about a month ago. Minor arm soreness. No biggie. Second shot was yesterday. She's a bit achy and mild flu like symptoms last night & this morning. Feeling better now after a little chicken soup therapy. Best of luck to all of you...T

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #7 tazandjan, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    Great everybody is getting theirs nice and early. Our second shots (Pfizer) are scheduled for 5 March.

FBB- Affirmative on freeing. Had things around the house I wanted done, but did not want anybody around Jan, so will wait until we have both shots.

8. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Had my first shot today :)

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    John- Great, not sure how things were going in the UK, even though my daughter lives there.

10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Hope they’ve fine-tuned the vaccine for the newer strains before it’s my turn. The injection process looks brutal. I wouldn’t want to go through the process too many times. With blood samples, the needle doesn’t seem to go too deeply. Flu vaccines seem to go in at right angles and deep :p

It’s interesting to note that a single dose may take up to 3 weeks to reach 95% protection, so you still need to be careful.

11. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ian- Affirmative, three weeks should be perfect. Still have to wear a mask everywhere indoors for the foreseeable future, at any rate. Herd immunity may be tough since there are idiots out there who refuse to take the vaccine. May eventually improve the gene pool.

12. gstudent

gstudent Karting

Sep 12, 2006
    Westlake Village
    Full Name:
    Gene
    I received my second one last Wednesday. Kicked my butt for about 30 hours. All done for now

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Still waiting. Appointment scheduled for March 22. Bit of a CF with the Teacher's Union claiming they are all going to die before allowing any kids back in school and the Nashua city govt and school board have laid down and surrendered.

14. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Very well, thanks. We have now done the majority of NHS front line staff, care home residents and staff, and the over 70s, many of whom have already had the second shot. Now starting on the 65 to 69s (I turned 66 a couple of weeks ago). I had the OA vaccine, so get my second shot in 6 to 12 weeks. I am lucky enough to be in the South West, the region which is doing best in the UK last time I checked.

I don't want to stray into P&R, so all I will say is that the UK is in a good position on the international league table of vaccinations per capita.

The only down side is that, 15 hours after my jab, I ache all over and feel icy cold! A bit like having the flu - it will pass in a day or so.

15. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    Send some to Canada please!

16. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    The wife and I had our first shot 2 weeks ago....

17. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
  18. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Awaiting mine patiently. Hopefully before May when I have (optimistically) scheduled a road trip to Monaco on business. Very happy to wait my turn. Amazed and grateful to big pharma and science.

I scheduled the Monaco business trip as a road trip (it’s pretty much 1000 miles from here) because I didn’t want to fly because of the pandemic. But the only way I will get to go, is if I am vaccinated in any case. So it makes little sense to go by car.

But last September I strung together business meetings in Switzerland and Germany on a road trip where normally I would have flown/train/taxi/rental car. It was memorable and more fun and less stressful - and less efficient - to go by car. I wonder if the old ways will take over again, post vaccine.

Keep well, everyone.

Texas Forever and haroonok like this.
  19. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Went today, no wait, sailed right in, got the shot, waited the 15 minutes to see if I'd live and was outa there. All done unless they are going to have a booster shot sometime.

20. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Got my 2nd Moderna on 2/10. Chills and tired for a few hours on 2/11 then normal since.

21. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Have my second Moderna this Friday. I had a sore arm with an egg at the injection site for three days and a 99.6 fever (quite high for me) the evening after, so I'm expecting to be rocked by round two.

22. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jan and I were lucky, no side effects (Pfizer) except for minimal soreness where the needle goes way, way in. We already take so much stuff our bodies just slough it off when something new gets in there. We shall see for the second one.

23. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Healthcare provider so got vaccine early. First shot (Pfizer) no side effects at all. Third day after second shot had sudden onset chills and fever up to 102 F in the evening. By the next morning completely back to normal and nothing since. Happy that was over with quickly. Perhaps a sign it's working.

24. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    We seemed to have botched things in a major way and the vaccine rollout has been painfully slow. My mother got her first shot and it's been 40 days and still no news on the 2nd dose....very messy.

I'm looking forward to getting my Bill Gates microchip implant and hope it happens in 2021!

Also, this new 1-dose Johnson & Johnson option looks interesting....

Chupacabra and Qavion like this.
  25. Patrik550

Patrik550 Karting

Nov 28, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Patrik
    Very slow indeed in Sweden, and big parts of Europe as well due to lack of vaccine supply. My mother is 84 years old (and healthy) and is not even close to getting a shot. All focus is of course on risk group no 1 and health care staff. Government "hope" that by July, the whole population is vaccinated..