Where to buy a Ferrari | FerrariChat

Where to buy a Ferrari

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Fisherman30, Jan 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fisherman30

Fisherman30 Rookie

Jan 25, 2021
    Hi Everyone,

Just wondering where the best place is to buy a Ferrari. I know the Canadian dollar isn't great right now, but is it still better to buy in the US?

2. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    I bought mine in 2018 and our dollar was low then as well. When I comparing prices in Canada to the US I found similar prices when taking exchange rates into consideration. Maybe an opportunity to save a thousand or two, maybe not. It depends on the car you want to buy and how many there are. Inwas looking for a 360 and viewed several in the GTA. They were all much nicer in photos than in person. I was getting disappointed, so I went to Ferrari of Ontario to see if they had any or new of any for sale. They had none. I told the salesman how I was not finding anything I liked over the last few months and was considering to go take a look at some that were for sale at Ferrari of Quebec in Montreal. He just looked at me and said go for it you will not be disappointed. He was correct and I bought mine there.

3. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Most tend to price in USD even if their advertised price is in CDN. Unless its rare and not commonly for sale here. Sometimes its a waste of time and money to shop in the states. Exchange, duty and taxes, etc, make it not worth it in my opinion.

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  4. utopia3

utopia3 Rookie

Jan 2, 2021
    Toronto, Ontario
    I’m looking for a 360 6 speed in the GTA, and it appears the US and CDN prices are very similar. Also don’t see any new vehicles available for months, might have to wait for spring to roll around.

5. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Check Kijij.
    There is a 2002 gated Modena with 45,000km listed at a dealership in Toronto. I have no idea how good it may or may not be

6. utopia3

utopia3 Rookie

Jan 2, 2021
    Toronto, Ontario
    Thanks for the quick response. I should have been more specific as to what the must have spec is:
    - spider
    - 2004 preferably (but 2003 wouldn’t be a deal breaker).
    - Red with tan seats or yellow with black seats.
    - gated 6.
    - milage under 40,000km, lower is better
    - pristine condition would be ideal

7. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Why don't you send Marianetti Motors, Motion Endeavours, Pfaff Reserve, or Kulu Motorcar on the hunt?

8. utopia3

utopia3 Rookie

Jan 2, 2021
    Toronto, Ontario
    Didn’t know that was an option. I will look into it as I already have a relationship with some of them.
    I am not in a hurry to get it, so I wont be rushing to get a mediocre example. I plan to keep it for 10+ years for personal reasons.
    Appreciate the input here.

Andial likes this.
  9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Check out John Scotti in Montreal aswell. They have a large inventory and have cars in stock they don't advertise. Could be worth a call.

Motion Endeavors doesn't really get involved in older stuff. I do pretty much all there safety and vehical inspections for them. But give them a call, he may be able to find you one.