Dino 2021 | FerrariChat

Dino 2021

Discussion in '206/246' started by tx246, Feb 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I admit, I have been lurking for a bit, but....

There is so much going on with no commentary.

I am talking in general, but more directed to what has happened in the last 90 days.

The last 30 days have been even MORE interesting.

What does the next 30 days hold , or future??

JUST WAIT

Shawn

2. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    You are a mysterious man Shawn :)

3. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I saw Kev is now working on a 458 engine + manual gearbox in a USA 246GTS with ceramic brakes and more upgrades than you can poke a stick at.
    Is that what you're alluding to?

4. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    It is not, but I saw that too...

Really cool.

Even better is the disclaimer he has, actually sad, but it is what it is.

5. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
  6. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    What is Kev's website, Had it somewhere...? Just curious on the Dino after-world ;)

The gold Dino is stunning!!!!

Regards, Alberto

7. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
  8. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    ??

9. Dino246gts

Dino246gts Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2006
  10. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Basically an original car. Repaint would be the norm. Old original paint looks terrible in person.

Regardless of that fact, the market has significantly changed. The train has left the station again.

I have no interest in this Dino, or anything about it.

There is no commentary here about the market. I have personally seen LOTS happen in the last week.

When I said just wait, hopefully we see some part of that publicly.

Shawn

11. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    just drive and stick your hand out the window, that snow like background will do the trick

12. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Another transaction today. Private info, but we will see soon enough.

13. Dino246gts

Dino246gts Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2006
    Shawn,

Thank you for the education. Much appreciated.

14. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Can you elaborate on what you’re seeing....off the record of course ?

15. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    FINALLY, we will start to seek some interesting stuff.

I know it took a bit longer than that thought and a couple of people have chimed in, but I really think that we will see what I was talking about.

Also, has anyone watched how thin FML and Gullwing/Dealers have become?

Shawn

16. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Boy.
    I’m really confused.
    Adrift.
    Baffled.
    Asea.
    Muddled, befuddled and bewildered.

What is going on?

Market tanking? Market soaring? Market sidewayzing? Market shakeout? Market thin? Market about to get flooded?

LARRYH and Neelfryer like this.
  17. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    All so cryptic. Is your info a secret ?

UroTrash likes this.
  18. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    The word that comes to mind for me is `annoying'

LARRYH, Jack-the-lad and Skippr1999 like this.
  19. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Inflation, but it doesn't seem to have hit Dinos yet.
    Biden has printed $10T then dumped it into the money supply. Now, the dollars in your savings account are devalued while hard assets are king.
    PG explains the affect on the used market

20. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    #20 GermanDino, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    same here in Europe.....
    timber prices just exploded, mainly selling to the USA....
    money value declining....

21. Neelfryer

Neelfryer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2017
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    John
    is this thread in English?

LARRYH likes this.
  22. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    If only Dinos were made of wood

23. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Some economists, like Gareth Soloway and Michael Beck, use a Lumber-to-Gold ratio as an economic indicator.
    Lumber representing growth and Gold representing stability allowing them to gage the quality of an economic boom and that does affect Dinos.

Example: 3 yr old Porsche GT3 Touring hit 63K over MSRP on BAT after new model pricing for the 2022 model was announced.
    That is an inflation indicator
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2018-porsche-gt3-touring-11/

24. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Well, it’s been almost exactly 30 years...

25. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    All,

I am not trying to be secret or cryptic. I have been a Dino guy for years. I follow and talk to quite a few people, many I have met along the way by owning vintage Ferrari's. Many have become friends.

It seems every time we talk, things center around cars and vintage Ferrari stuff, go figure.

Over the last several months, there has been interesting stuff happening. I would say good and bad, but it all depends on your perspective. Prices are definitely up. Whether it is inflation, hedging against possible inflation, interest, nostalgia, etc... I do not know. The "Bad" is nothing of note or discussion.

I have been on F-Chat for a LONG TIME. I was refereed here, as I was an early member of Tom Yang's site. At that point, F-Chat was more about "modern" vehicles, where as Tom's site was more about 250's. When the Great F-chat Crash happened (2003 -ish, but feel free to correct this), everything reset.

I pre-date that. I can not say when I first visited F-Chat, but I know it was when I lived in an apartment that I moved out of in the late/early 2001/2 period of time. The only reason I bring this up, as it not anything important, as it shows how long I have been posting here. I will also say, F-Chat was so young in it's creation, when I posted a general question about older Ferrari's, it caused Jim G. to first post about a car he owned. Those were crazy and fun times, but also 20 years ago. most of everything about that time was about buying something, including Rob Lay looking for a 328, the reason for the website originally, or at least as I knew.

What is going on is crazy, or maybe not. I have been asked to keep basic information shared in normal and reasonable conversations private until shared publicly. No issue with that, I just thought it was going to be shared sooner. It still hasn't. I don't know why, but I have my own personal thoughts.

Regardless of that, there have been several recent transactions that would impress any Dino owner. No auction cars because of Covid, but BAT auctions have
    been a good indication. Just ask Stuart.

As for the "annoying" factor, I understand that, but also please understand I am trying to respect others wishes. Since it was posted here, Ron, like anything else Dino, I am a NERD (Unless I am recalling incorrectly, didn't I look at your Dino before you bought it? Not that I would expect something, but I don't recall getting a fee for that). Not throwing shade, just showing my love for these "Almost a Ferrari's"....

At a point, I was "Alleged" to be a Dino Broker. This was mainly here on F-Chat. I got very mad and left. The thought was - He is making money on this and needs to pay at a different level. I am not a "Broker".

Far from the truth. I just wanted transnational data. If I can share, I do, and as a result, over 20 years, things get shared with me.

The end result was it jaded me, and I stopped keeping such detail information. I was mad, but I used to track all kinds of stuff, focused on the USA. This is why Matthias and I got to know one another.

Regardless, the market is what it is. I have not spoken to Peter Kumar as Gullwing Motors. This information is not confirmed, however, what I was told, is the Dino's that lingered on his sight for an extended period of time are all going "Over Seas". All vanished and were gone in less than two weeks, even having been available for years.I do not know Peter and have never met him. My info is just sharing. He has always been the go to guy for stuff with challenges, if that was what you were looking for.

I also know of transactions , Peter AND OTHERS, have been a part of that have not met ANY MEDIA. Those are what I am referencing.

Not that this should matter long term, BUT, I got COVID and learned living a Hospital is no fun. My earlier posts were from that time. I ask for FORGIVNESS from any one, but just FYI, and also a heads up to those who I communicated with, but ........

synchro, dgt and UroTrash like this.