812 VS Rumors | Page 155 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    456-boy likes this.
  2. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Félicitatiounen! :)

LARRYH, Caeruleus11 and JTSE30 like this.
  3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    This was some sort of engineering "sign-off" for the car project. It would be drivetrain related but without the finished body. This was an important step during the development process.

JTSE30 likes this.
  4. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    really???

5. abdulla.alhajri

abdulla.alhajri Karting

Jul 16, 2015
    i am hearing multiple news from my dealer that the 812VS will be the last v12 according to them they have received word that the replacement will have a reduced number of cylinders.

6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    The VS will be the last, large displacement non assisted V12, they are working on smaller displacement, assisted V12.
    First will be a hyper car with a F1 style V6 engine before the summer. Exciting times ahead

Caeruleus11, JackCongo and 9nb like this.
  7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Sorry but i don't get it.
    Isn't the new hybrid V6 engine intented for the F8 replacement ?

ingegnere and red passion like this.
  8. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I think this is correct and @Marcel Massini has already shared that the V6 hybrid (aka little brother) is going to be released in that timeframe. I think the moniker hypercar is applied a bit loosely here.

@abdulla.alhajri be assured that 812VS will NOT be the last V12 as many trusted sources here have already confirmed this news.

LARRYH, TheF1BOB, 456-boy and 4 others like this.
  9. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Surprised to hear about a “F1 style V6” hypercar, my first thought was Mercedes-AMG One competitor, but do you mean a car like that or the car we know as the “LB” that sits below the SF90 Stradale and replaces the F8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Sorry I can't say anymore, but it will not be a little brother that’s inaccurate, well for the next release anyway, if you read Marcel’s post you will see it implies it is talked about in this thread, not it will be a little brother, he chooses his words very carefully

9nb likes this.
  11. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019

a small assisted v12 will hardly beat an sf90 imho, even with less weight. A n/a v12, moreover with a smaller displacement than the current 6.5l will never have the power, and mostly, the torque of the twin-turbo v8, and weight factor aside, the only way they have to compensate it, is to greatly increase the performance of the hybrid section ..but this will still penalizes the weight, even with a carbon frame...

12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I start to be really impatient to see the car, wich will be undoubtedly a very special car, the proud successor of its pa and grandpa

Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, LARRYH, 456-boy and 6 others like this.
  13. abdulla.alhajri

abdulla.alhajri Karting

Jul 16, 2015
    This was my intial thought, however our dealer have already had video conference meeting with Maranello , they said we did ask them on multiple account about the futue of V12 to whom they gave expressed that a reduced engine CYLINDERS is the one to take over and not just a downsized V12.

14. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Looking at both the GTO and TDF from this angle, I can't help but to think that of the two the GTO has aged gracefully well.

cesman, LARRYH, JTSE30 and 2 others like this.
  15. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Aren't you a little biased because of a white GTO with BRIGHT carbon on the inside :D( I hate matte carbon so much that this detail remained on my mind , 10 years after)

Don't hesitate to poste some fresh pics in the dedicated thread if you still got it, that's a very nice looking GTO :)

of2worlds and tomc like this.
  16. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Yes very biased! :D
    Still remains my favourite Ferrari.

cesman and LARRYH like this.
  17. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    So are you saying that the “little brother” doesn’t exist at all and in fact the V6 mule that has continually been spotted over the past year is for a hypercar instead? Or that the little brother still exists and will be released to compete with the McLaren Artura, but that there will also be a hyper car that uses the same powertrain? Seems strange and also contradicts everything that we’ve established (and confirmed through our trusted FChat sources) over the past two years. How could you make a TTV6 hybrid hypercar when a TTV8 hybrid hypercar already exists (SF90). Maybe use a carbon tub? But McLaren is doing that in the Artura, their entry level car. Would be strange for Ferrari to release a hypercar with the same setup as their direct competitors entry level car.

Color me confused by this. Wouldn’t be the first time we were all wrong....

Mihir, Caeruleus11, LVP488 and 3 others like this.
  18. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Do you really think when you market a very expensive VS, and with GTS in production, they will tell you that the replacement will be better ?:D

19. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The new one can't be better for the most part. There is only one more 'good' Ferrari coming after those VS cars plural that will appeal to 'classic' fans... ;)

zooyorker and ForeverCar like this.
  20. ph7

ph7 Karting

Jul 8, 2019
    I agree, I have a black one and when I want a proper drive that’s the car I take. Such an underappreciated car.

cesman likes this.
  21. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    499 coupes
    299 spiders

9nb likes this.
  22. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Speculation or credible insight?

23. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    #3873 day355, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    F 171 project is F 8 replacement V6 TT + hybrid.
    the biggest mistake from an enthusiast's perspective was leaving the MC 20 to Maserati !

24. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Strangely these are numbers that don’t match - I’m not questioning your sources or whatever, just the fact that they are different.

Or by the second message, should we consider 499 coupés + 299 spiders = almost 799?

JTSE30 likes this.
  25. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX

And I have heard will not be numbered, only restricted allocations as factory directs...

456-boy likes this.