Nikita Mazepin thread | FerrariChat

Nikita Mazepin thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Feb 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Okay,

The first incident was the video of him and the girl. I personally don't think nothing was wrong but in the F1 world they "frown" upon this.

Now,

Nikita Mazepin has been fined £224 by Oxford Magistrates Court and has had three points added to his driving licence, after driving through a red light 1.7 seconds after it illuminated.

This kid better tread lightly. He's being looked at with a magnifying glass on and OFF the track. I got a feeling this kid will bring more "drama" to the table.

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Can't get that Elton John number out of my head ! is it just me?o_O

greg328 likes this.
  3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    In time will this rival The Stroller thread? To quote another famous Nikita, "we will bury you."

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Interested to see how many posts this has by season’s end!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Well, Santino Ferrucci had a reputation like that until he switched to IndyCar, where he seemed to have become a model citizen. (I'll be curious to see how he behaves in the more frenetic atmosphere of NASCAR!)

So maybe young Nikita will take a lesson from that and behave perfectly in F1. If not, I doubt if he'll last 1/3 the season, regardless of what his daddy thinks.

6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Nikita Mazepin has no case to answer.

As far as I know, no complaint has been filed against him.

He hasn’t been questioned, even less arrested or charged for any offense.

He didn’t receive any condemnation , so it’s just a storm in a teacup.

At most, he could be accused of bad taste and lack of judgment.

He shares that with a lot of young people

greg328 likes this.
  7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Who are not on F1 team as a star/driver/high profile individual. The little Russian Troll will have more spotlight than other 'millennial' children. The real pressure is with Haas on how much of his pathetic decision matrix they will endure.

Ira Schwartz likes this.
  8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 a sign of desperation by Team Haas, it's difficult to imagine any bonhomie between the teammates. Mick and Nikita will look like the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde of F1.

Ira Schwartz likes this.
  9. DF1

If Mick is strong immediately, I expect Matyroshka doll meltdown from the peasant Nikita.

10. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Are you anticipating Mick being stronger than Mazepin out of the gate? I'm not so sure. Not that I don't hope you're correct!

Kevin

jpalmito likes this.
  11. DF1

That is a difficult question. Mick is not such swift starting in general. Mazepin I think must start strong. Mick will gain momentum I think overall. They are both facing a not easy car to drive. I sense a more patient and methodical approach via Mick vs impulsive and undisciplined Mazepin.

kes7u likes this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  13. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    So Mazepin CANNOT "fly" under the Russian flag for 2 years I believe.

Yet there are hints of the Russian flag on the car livery and new HAAS F1 team logo.

Flavio_C likes this.
  14. DF1

15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

An utterly ridiculous ruling anyways, what Sport Governing bodies are saying is that every single Russian must be a cheat.

william and jpalmito like this.
  16. DF1

Image Unavailable, Please Login No......its not a flag LOL. That is the official logo for Mazepin troll papa's company. So Haas is lying. Shocked. Lying for money lol :)

17. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    It doesn't say every Russian must be a cheat - it says Russia had a state sponsored doping program and are being punished for it by forfeiting any national glory that accompanies the potential success of its individual athletes.

DF1 and greg328 like this.
  18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Then Belarus enters the chat:rolleyes:

19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Bas likes this.
  20. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  21. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    WADA looking into Haas F1 livery after Russian flag ban

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is looking into the Formula 1 livery revealed by Haas for 2021 amid questions over its compliance with a ban against Russia.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Haas revealed a striking new design for its VF-21 car on Friday that featured the red, white and blue colours of the Russian flag to reflect new title sponsor Uralkali, which is the backer of driver Nikita Mazepin.

But it raised concerns about its compliance with a ruling by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), which announced in December that Russian athletes were banned from competing at world championship events for the next two years.

The ban related to state-sponsored doping and cover-ups at the 2014 Winter Olympics following investigations by WADA, which had recommended a four-year ban.

The Russian Automobile Federation confirmed in February that this would extend to the FIA's world championships, meaning Mazepin cannot race under the Russian flag this year.

Mazepin is also prohibited from using national emblems, flags or symbols, as well as the word "Russia" or "Russian", on his clothing or equipment.

Haas claimed its livery was not designed to circumvent the CAS ruling, but WADA has confirmed it is looking into the matter.

"WADA is aware of this matter and is looking into it with the relevant authorities," a spokesperson from WADA told Autosport.

The uncertainty would appear to lie within the clause of the ruling that says Russian athletes "shall not display publicly […] any national emblem or other national symbol of the Russian Federation, including without limitation, on their clothes, equipment or other personal items."

Following a request for comment from Autosport about the compliance of the Haas livery, the FIA said: "The team has clarified the livery with the FIA - the CAS decision does not prohibit the use of the colours of the Russian flag."

The initial statement by the Russian Automobile Federation said Mazepin and other Russian drivers in FIA world championships could still use the colours of the Russian flag, as well as the acronym RAF, which stands for 'Russian Automobile Federation'.

"Obviously we cannot use the Russian flag as the Russian flag, but you can use colours on a car," said Haas F1 boss Gunther Steiner.

"In the end, it's the athlete which cannot display the Russian flag and not the team. The team is an American team."

Mazepin said on Thursday that it was "very unfortunate" the ban had come into force ahead of his debut F1 season, where he is expected to compete as a neutral athlete from Russia.

"Currently I'm still in a discussion on how I will be classified," Mazepin said.

"There is no decision yet."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/wada-looking-into-haas-f1-livery-after-russian-flag-ban/5589751/

22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Punishing every individual from one country for the action of a few officials seems a completely disproportionate measure.

WADA has been given too much power, IMO.

23. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    This is a long shot but what happens if Mazepin is on the podium. What flag and anthem do they play?

24. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    #24 DeSoto, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    I suppose Mazepin still needs a valid FIA license from a non banned country, so they´d use that flag. Some Russian rallye drivers have been using Estonian licenses.

I don´t think WADA has a case against the Haas livery: it´s an American team with a Russian sponsor, and the sponsor can paint the car as they please.

25. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Poor Gene. He probably feels he can’t leave F1 quick enough. LOL

DF1 likes this.