Pista - Deals to be had? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Pista - Deals to be had?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by msgm1, Jan 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    An amazing car and even that much better at those prices! I’ve I stated, lots of good deals to be had and anyone that has been itching for one should jump in. I still go out to the garage and look for mine but it’s not there anymore. Lol. Look forward to seeing some pics of the new one exoticcardreamer

roma1280 likes this.
  2. 458 at 50

458 at 50 Karting

Oct 17, 2014
    Arizona
    please let me know how you do as I am in the market for you as well and like everyone I don't want to overpay

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    60 some odd Pistas on Autotrader. Probably another couple dozen on sale if you know the right people to talk to. I’m pretty sure you will find the deal that you want.

4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    If cost is your concern then its better to wait. Production exotics follow the trend of first to lower the asking price sets the bar for the rest. Dealers will always try to hold the prices at first but then they will need to push inventory as well. That said I have always believed that you should get the spec and condition you want and pay up for it as life is short. Unfortunately, most care more about cost and don't want to lose on the flip so prices get dragged down sooner than reasonable. Makes buying new not as exciting.

GT2goneF likes this.
  5. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    Do you still happen to have Pista pricelist by any chance? Thx!

6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Here it is.

Attached Files:

7. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    Merci beaucoup!

8. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I'll update in a couple of days once I get the car. (I don't want anyone to swoop in and get the car that I'm looking at). I'll provide more details of how it works with the brokers (I had always purchased cars through franchised dealers (mac's/lambo/ferrari/porsche).) It's been a pleasant experience and $$$ saved makes it real worth while to buy in this off the radar market/system.

The car that I referenced which had a big trade in difference and is listed by dealer at 5K below MSRP is at Ferrari Central New Jersey. It's the blue pista.

Another high MSRP at ddw partners that's been for sale for almost 10 months. $539K MSRP. Last summer they were willing to take $490K. It's still for sale (700 miles). I was told recently that they are taking "offers".

mkraft3003 likes this.
  9. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC

Great info ECD!

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I dont recall if you had one already and sold it. If not, I believe you will really enjoy the car. If mine doesn't sell I will go ahead and install the exhaust that I have for sale and keep it.

11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Absolutely correct. Important info for anyone purchasing a used super car.

12. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Owners who consigned Pistas with delivery miles to dealers must have taken a beaten....there is one at Central Ferrari of Florida with 46 miles. Several Spiders with delivery miles.

13. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Flippers who had not a very early delivery are certainly underwater - on the other hand, I'm not sure it's a bad thing after all.

MANDALAY likes this.
  14. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I always wondered about that. Does the person that have that car have so many cars in their collection they just did not get around to driving this one? Or did they buy this car in order to get the next limited production car down the road? Or did they buy it with the thought process if they were going to be able to sell it and get their money out of it or make money? Or is it some other scenario? Why not at least drive the car a little bit and enjoy it.

GT2goneF and Art138 like this.
  15. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    I guess all of the above...

If they have consigned it to the dealer for sale perhaps that is why a number of cars are being offered over msrp, in the hopes that the original buyer gets his money back (ex the tax, which he will roll onto the next car) and the dealer gets their selling commish, which I guess would be c5%

Others with more insight I'm sure can opine

16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    If a Ferrari dealer has a Pista on consignment from the original owmer, the price advertised includes their commission. The owner will receive the net price. Consequently, a car offered at MSRP, involves a tangible loss to the owner and a car below MSRP, involves a sizeable loss.

17. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Buy a car, own a car, drive a car = good.

Buy a car, park a car, flip a car = bad.

epah, pdxjim488, Condor Man and 10 others like this.
  18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Just do yourself and me a favor. Keep it!

Gh21631 likes this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Too many questions and so little time... so little, that cars went undriven!

mkraft3003 likes this.
  20. PCJR

PCJR Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2007
    PA
    My buddy just bought a ‘19, 2k miles
    @455k window for $405k
    Rosso Corsa w/blk int

21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Will speciale and pista prices cross?

338Lapua and Napoli like this.
  22. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Hmmmmm.......

23. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    This is the exact question I have been asking myself. Recently I have been considering purchasing a Speciale although I really like the Pista. If both were priced the same (theoretically of course), the decision would be very difficult to make. Regardless, don't want to derail the thread....only talking out loud...

24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    concours 360 CS not too far away as well

25. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    yes imo but idk when

atm those who are advertising their pistas at above list just have cars sat unsold for month and months here