Malibu Country Market cars & coffee | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Malibu Country Market cars & coffee

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by srslusso, Dec 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    I will be there approximately 8:30 & will check out the location on west side of PCH near ONNO restaurant first

2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I went, always get there by 7:30 am. The private security cordoned off two of the parking lots so there was only room for about 15 cars in front of the Malibu village store. Still worth the one hour drive for me, seeing a Monteverdi 375L (Jay Leno driving) A very tricked up BMW, and misc. other cars. The temperature was 72 deg. Sky sunny. I saw saw electric Mustang being tested by You Tube blogger , sort of looks like small Tesla X SUV. I think the latecomers today realized if you don't get there by 8am it's too late to get a spot by the bakery but the other lot across Cross Creek is open and that held about 30 cars as an overflow lot and no restaurant at that location can complain because the main restaurant there has been closed since they banned outdoor dining..

3. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    that parking place should be okay. Ollo however is still offering take out, so there are still good number of people in the parking lot.

4. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Seems like a bit of a PITA at the moment......

May the Horse be with you

5. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence

6. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Just come to Malibu Colony Marketplace on WEST side of PCH don’t bother trying for 1 of 25 spots at Malibu Country Market where the management does not want us !
    Drive Gently so we Can enjoy the get together!

TestShoot likes this.
  7. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Where the newsstand is? Where the big supermarket is? I went there at 8:00 am and no exotics. Can you give cross streets? Also found most car guys, on entering Cross Creek, when they saw the temporary fences, turned the corner to the street paralleling PCH and parked but I can see the vegetable sellers in the farmer's market complaining already that the car guys took all their customer parking. But hey if you drive an exotic buy a tomato from them, then you can prove you have a valid reason to park there. What a police State it will become when you have to prove you bought something in order to park! Hey thanks book fans for buying two copies of SHELBY The Man the Cars the Legend
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

TestShoot likes this.
  8. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    Yes. Or 2 pm at the old place.

TestShoot likes this.
  9. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I didn't go to Cross Creek last week so is everybody crossing PCH and meeting further up in the huge parking lot?. I am afraid if to many idle youths gather to watch the cars a situation will develop like at the Irvine c & c where drivers succumb to cries of "Show us watcha got"

shawdut likes this.
  10. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Re Malibu 1/31/21 I will be there at Malibu COLONY Marketplace on the west side of PCH ( the Ocean side)
    With a view of PCH a few hundred yards North of Where everyone had been getting together for months
    Drive Gently!

11. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    Great idea. The usual place is supposed to be barricaded off again tomorrow as well as the lot across the street. Last week they had approximately 10 security guards and 3 cops working it. As of now this is the plan for 2/7 as well.

12. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    please stop by on& off

13. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    Wish I could have. I had child care duties. Were their any cars over by the big lot across the street?

14. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
  15. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    THEY STILL HAVEN'T OPENED THE LOTS OF CROSS CREEK. i DON'T HAVE A SPORT CAR SO don't know if they were refusing all sports cars entry? If will take months for the onus of refusing business. The idea to move across
    the street is no good--that lot has to be a mile long

16. BGF1LMS

BGF1LMS Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Simi Valley and Agoura Hills
    Full Name:
    Brennan
    I was with a group that tried to roll through the mart at about 10:45, we decided to stay across the street. It reminds me a lot of Crystal Cove parking lot. We have permission to be there so lets get a group of people there every Sunday

17. Steve Goldfield

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 27, 2019
    Bell Canyon, CA
    Full Name:
    Stephen Goldfield
    Calamigos Beach Club at 26065 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu is now hosting a Cars and Coffee every Sunday from 7:00 AM to 10:00. Very upscale. Last week was the first one and it was packed. Only room for about 70 cars inside and more parking on PCH.

18. epdowd

epdowd Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Wilson
    Does any of these events draw vintage Ferrari's? Just got my 1963 GTE on the road and would like to meet other vintage guys.

shawdut likes this.
  19. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    Anyone going this week?

20. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Does any of these events draw vintage Ferrari's? Just got my 1963 GTE on the road and would like to meet other vintage guys.

Take a look at my old thread:

Malibu C&C informal/not organized/unbelievable
    1. [​IMG][​IMG]

Yes, I took the Morgan. If you are using your phone, turn it sideways. If you haven’t driven in CA, strangely, we aren’t into guard grails. This C&C is crazy! For example, 3 Gullwings in one small shopping lot. I took a thousand (estimate, & joke) pictures. I’ll start with Ferrari’s. Enjoy:
    2. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

4. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    5. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    6. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    7. [​IMG][​IMG]
    8. [​IMG]
    And it goes on & on.

21. e3enigma

e3enigma Karting

Jul 30, 2011
    Thousand Oaks
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have parking lot Where I can host something in Westlake Village and then we can take a ride etc down to PCH. Will check out the beach club next weekend.

22. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Last few weeks the Malibu Village has security guards and fences. They are really creating ill will toward owners of sports cars or even expensive cars. This will be remembered.....

360Tom likes this.
  23. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    All the sheriffs and security guards are only as strong as the weakest point. The security guard who works at the most north east barricade on cross creek let’s every one in. 2 barricades past Starbucks traveling north

people easily get confused with directions in Malibu. West is going towards Ventura and heading south will take you to the beach.

24. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    Anyone going this weekend?