Pista - Deals to be had? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pista - Deals to be had?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by msgm1, Jan 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I was at my dealer yesterday and they are selling Pista's at sticker and/or below, they produced WAY to many Pista's.

He told me "They built more Pista coups than F8 coups will be built"

2. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    Did you pick one up?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Gh21631 likes this.
  3. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I love the Pista, perhaps one day I will have one but I opted for an F8 for now, but it was AN EXTREMELY hard choice, I usually opt for the lightweight car.

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    Both great cars. Can’t go wrong with either. They just tick slightly different boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Boomhauer, GT2goneF and Enzo Belair like this.
  5. Rustynail

Rustynail Rookie

Jan 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Rodney massengale
    Thecadster, mikesufka, tomc and 6 others like this.
  6. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    To many cars at this moment, need to wait until the F8 shows up then maybe I can make argument to the wife why it would be fun to add.

GT2goneF likes this.
  7. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    I'm also thinking of adding a Pista while F8 still on order.

Such a stunning car. However prices in Europe still seem to be over MSRP.

8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    #33 Gh21631, Jan 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  9. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Gh21631 and GT2goneF like this.
  10. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Here is the kicker......

Whilst there are many Pista’s currently on the market the mere fact that Ferrari will not be producing an F8VS means that this will be the very last special series of the Internal combustion engine in V8 without battery engines ever produced by Ferrari!!!

The Very Last!!

You don’t have to be Nostradamus to work out how the prices are going to fair in the future.

May the Horse be with you

JTSE30, GT2goneF and Gh21631 like this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I think you're right but it will be awhile. If you like the car and don't need to sell enjoy it. Downside is limited if that's your concern.

D11 and Boomhauer like this.
  12. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Make sure to take care of her!! Congrats and enjoy!

Rustynail likes this.
  13. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I do not think so, if you look at mobile.de there are many cars advertised at less than EUR 350K (which means with some negotiation sale prices should be lower) and even lightly optioned cars had MSRP higher than that (when I seriously considered a Pista, my very modest configuration in France was EUR 360K).
    There is a EUR 430K MSRP Pista for sale at EUR 340K in Italy for instance, and several examples in Germany at less than EUR 340K even at Ferrari dealers.

14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    True, Decades, if at all.
    10 years ago there were not many RS/Speciale versions. Today, every mfgr has one or a few, and they keep coming. Makes it difficult for LT appreciation, if that’s of concern.

15. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Congratulations!!

16. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
  17. 458 at 50

458 at 50 Karting

Oct 17, 2014
    Arizona
    I just sold my 458 spider yesterday. Drove it for 2 years, 6k miles and sold it for 7k less than I bought it. After 3 Ferrari's was thinking of other NA cars but the Pista is so beautiful I may have to pull the trigger if I can get under MSRP and the spec I like.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Well, it sounds like you are in for a treat. According to this thread, they are giving them away and still can't get rid of them. Buy a Pista and may consider you for a Portofino or Cal T.

Jokes aside. I have not seen anything less than MSRP in Southern California. Maybe because they are low in inventory in this area or they have it in the ghost inventory, to avoid collapse of the model.

3 Major Ferrari Sister Dealerships on CA were recently sold as a package deal, along with Ferrari Washington (Newport, Rancho Mirage and San Diego). Newport does not have any Pistas. San Diego has two (one over 600k). Rancho has none.

In addition, Ferrari LA has 5 (440k to 700k) and interestingly enough a preowned F8 for 378k. I believe that FBH (Beverly HIlls) are sister dealerships, they are sharing some of the same cars from LA.

So if you are in CA, don't expect below MSRP. If there are a surplus of Pistas in other states. I wouldn't be surprised that they are keeping them in the ghost inventory in CA.

njcycleguy likes this.
  19. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Road trip time!! Just up north, San Fran has 3-4 of them under 500k and I’ve been told you can get under msrp from them. There are plenty available for sale all over the US and amazingly they can ship cars nowadays. Lol. Check out Prestige in Miami. They have a bunch too. As someone posted above, those with cars want them to be in short supply, huge demand and MSRP and those who recently sold think otherwise. The bottom line is they made a ton of Pista and way more than anyone expected. There is a lot of them listed for sale right now and the market will dictate the price. I was one who went in thinking it was going to hold its value better than it did but oh well, on to next car.

20. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    so awesome!!!!! Love this car in AN, good choice.

Rustynail and mkraft3003 like this.
  21. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Here is a great Pista advertised 17K over sticker, they will sell this car for below sticker, 500 miles. I was looking at this car for me, really like Rosso Scuderia over charcoal as it matches my Challenge Stradale. GT2goneF, I am a LA transplant here in the east coast, the cars are not in the same demand as in CA, particularly the demand in SoCal IMO.

https://www.ferrariofgreenwich.com/used-2020-ferrari-488-pista-c-4333.htm

GT2goneF likes this.
  22. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I'm in the market for one.

There is a big difference between what dealers are buying pista's from owners and what they are listing them for.

Newport had a silver one that was listed $45K below MSRP (it disappeared from their website a few days ago). A lot of "sales" from dealers can also be seen as being wholesaled to re-sellers/brokers. The re-sellers/brokers have the customers who aren't looking at dealer websites. They buy from the re-sellers/brokers who buy cars at wholesale from dealers or consign with very little commission from the owners with the cars.

One of the Pistas listed in USA with less then 2,000 miles is listed for $5K below MSRP (the owner of the car received $85K below MSRP from that dealer (MSRP is over $500K). This is a recent for sale listing on a franchised dealer website.

I am about to buy a Pista with an MSRP over $500K and miles below 500. I''ll be able to get this car (third party broker) for $73K below MSRP.

Bottom line from what I've learned; Unless you want to establish a relationship with a franchised dealer then you are way over-paying by going through the dealer (screwed when they buy from you and new buyer is way over-paying). Try buying through the third party brokers. They are the ones who move significant inventory at prices that are much lower then what you see on-line.

I hope to come back here in a few days and say that I closed the deal on the particular Pista that I am looking at. It's going to be $68K or $73K below MSRP with less then 500 miles.

italiafan, Coincid, dustman and 2 others like this.
  23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Must be the case, or artificially low inventory in the west coast/

24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    And then there are those, as well.

My GT2 was in the shop getting paint correction and PPF and the guy next door is a car broker. He moves some really nice cars. He offered to buy my car. No figures thrown. He just asked to see if I was interested. I can only imagine the numbers he would have thrown at me for him to make a profit. He has a very nice inventory.

25. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Well stated. Nothing fights an argument like a fact.
    Happy hunting and enjoy your (soon) Pista!

mkraft3003 likes this.