812 VS Rumors | Page 146 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Good chance that significant difference in timescales in different territories about client notifications /discussions ... nonetheless , it’s a bitter sweet wait - not worried about what ferrari will deliver however - imho they ALWAYS have exceeded my expectations over the last 23 years ...... drove Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login my pista today after celebrating my boys 2nd bday today with a giant bear - the bear heel and toed! Then jumped in the 812...... I can’t imagine Ferrarri not knocking my socks off with the VS.... it’s getting real now , and it’s like proving to Santa that I’ve been good !!

2. Spider68

Spider68 Karting

Aug 21, 2010
    Switzerland
    It’s great when you can share your passion with your kids, mine is 7 and just loves the cars

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Probably easier to persuade Santa you’ve been a good boy than Ferrari! Love your Pista - hadn’t realised how similar it is to ours. These pictures from the Furka pass last summer. We’ll have to do that lunch at Caffeine and Machine when the weather’s better and Boris allows us out!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, F2003-GA, Spider68 and 8 others like this.
  4. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    Exact same story here.....I wait

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  5. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Hi buddy - snap ! We have v similar tastes and definitely Caf n Machine when Bojo allows ..... those mountain pass drives are insane .....

Lukeylikey likes this.
  6. kwanmacher

kwanmacher Rookie

Oct 6, 2017
    My local dealer just sent me an email this morning setting up a call later today for some news that "I'll want to hear." Fingers crossed that it's good news about the VS! :)

stavura, Shack, DRYHOLE and 8 others like this.
  7. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Where are you located?

of2worlds likes this.
  8. kwanmacher

kwanmacher Rookie

Oct 6, 2017
    I’m in the US (Pacific NW). Just finished the call and yes it was indeed the good news I was hoping for ;). From what the dealer told me it seemed like they just had their annual corporate meeting with FNA and are now submitting a list from the top tier clients who would qualify for the car (not sure if the corporate sent them a list before that or just the criteria). From his description it doesn't look like the car will be numbered but I couldn't care less about that tbh.

9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    This correlates with what I am understanding, not numbered, but will only be offered to top tier clients...I presume at a very high price (no word on pricing, but that usually follows the reveal).

10. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Coupe or Aperta?

11. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Ferrari’s new rule is just like with the Pista.

If the demand is there then make the car.

The 812 has been selling poorly so why not pull the production line and focus on knocking out some serious 812vs cars!!!

May the Horse be with you

Caeruleus11, ScrappyB and 456-boy like this.
  12. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The 812 has NOT been selling poorly. Not at all.
    Over 5'000 units were built and sold (just 812 SF, not including the GTS!).

Marcel Massini

Prancing12, stavura, Doug23 and 15 others like this.
  13. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    How sure are you given only I think one member has so far acknowledged receipt of a call ?

ph7 likes this.
  14. ph7

ph7 Karting

Jul 8, 2019
    you mean limited but nit numbered or not numbered?

15. ph7

ph7 Karting

Jul 8, 2019
    sorry I mean limited but not numbered or not limited?

Shack likes this.
  16. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Well thats what my dealer told me at the beginning of January... Classic Italian/Ferrari unreliability mixed with COVID bs; I‘d guess... Given that the car will be unveiled in the beginning of March online, it is clear that either this or the following week clients should receive a call or message. Besides that, some people have now written that the car will not be limited. I am torn back and forth, perhaps Marcel could provide some insight into the numbering situation?

17. ph7

ph7 Karting

Jul 8, 2019
    cla
    classic italian unreliability? seriously? what makes you think that is ok to say? I thought the racist stereotypes were a thing of the past but I guess that is not the case for ignorant people in whatever village you come from. I hope “unreliable italians” never sell you a car again.

ForeverCar and red passion like this.
  18. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I don’t think the 812 SF sold poorly. In the UK only more than 500 cars got registered in 2 years ( compared to about 370 F12 in 5 years)
    If the vs is just another ( slightly tweaked variant) of the 812 produced in thousands i wonder whether it should be called VS/GTO or mid life upgrade of the 812SF
    On a separate note from a few conversations I personally had last year I wasn’t of the impression the car was going to be numbered but thing could change who knows I guess we will know soon
    I’m just hoping the marketing here will be slightly different to the GTS. One member said recently it will be offered to select top tier clients. The same was said of the GTS which wasn’t true and you can now start now picking up one at about list and they are just starting to come up for sale.

19. ph7

ph7 Karting

Jul 8, 2019
    The main issue with the 812 vs not been limited / numbered for me is the following: if ferrari says we are launching a special version of the 812 , “we will make as many as we see fit, and we decide who can or cannot buy it” then at least the cards are on the table and people know what they are buying. If instead ferrari says “this car will be produced in very limited numbers and sold to only our vvip clients” (like they said re pista) but then produces it in the thousands the it would be slughtly cheating its clients. So Ferrari can of course decide to make it numbered or not but it needs to make sure it does not misleads clients thinking that the car is going to be on extremely rare and hard to get if it is not.

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  20. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    That's a disaster waiting to happen....

21. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    R.A.C.E 2020 results out today..

22. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Maggio23, Ferrari 308 GTB and 456-boy like this.
  23. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    What makes it not ok to say? What exactly does my comment have to do with racism or offensive stereotypes? For your information, I am half Italian and hold passport nor do I live in a village, I am based in Beverly Hills, CA. It is a fact that things move more slowly in Italy and that timely reliability has never been one of the countries strengths; just take their politics as a prime example. Compare it to say a Porsche in Germany. Besides that I own more than a dozen Ferraris and the ‘Italianness’ is what gives the brand and their cars character & emotion. If I offended you, apologies, was not my intention.

zooyorker, Napoli, deltona and 4 others like this.
  24. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    As a first generation and Italian (dual) citizen I resemble that comment! Frankly some are so cuckolded (cornuto contento) by the brand they fail to see how poorly they are really being treated (becco).

ps I don’t believe in the new world order (ho i coglioni) so my feelings don’t get hurt very easily.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

zooyorker, F12JAJ, Napoli and 3 others like this.
  25. ph7

ph7 Karting

Jul 8, 2019
    tagging italians as unreliable is a stereotype and whether you think is a national trait of carachter or not, it would be like “typical French arrogance” or “typical British snobbery” or “typical American tackyness” . What is fundamentally wrong with these stereotypes is that they associate a certain negative connotation with a specific culture, and hence they are fundamentally racist. I really am not one of those hyper sensitive people who get offended easily but I am Italian and I didn’t think that comment was fair (while the commenting on ferrari reliability or not is different as that can be measured objectively and is not based on race/nationality). No offense taken and sorry if my reply was a bit abrasive.

ppg70, italiafan and ForeverCar like this.