Swapping 458 for 675LT or Speciale? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Swapping 458 for 675LT or Speciale?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Jo Sta7, Aug 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jaywo

jaywo Rookie

Jul 4, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    John Watson
    I've just sold my 675LT and bought a Pista..... 675LT has large turbo lag in direct comparison to the Pista, in fact I'd say it has very large lag in comparison to the Pista.... Pista drives like a NA engine, it's a truly amazing engine, streets ahead of the LT. Two very different cars. Personally I have no regrets about the switch

ryalex and Thecadster like this.
  2. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    we’ll soon find out!

Gh21631 likes this.
  3. McLaren is not an engine builder. McLaren is a really a chassis builder.

Heck, they've essentially used the same engine (tuned to different degrees) since the MP4-12C and all the way up to their halo cars like the P1 and the Speedtail. And that engine was originally a Nissan engine for chrissake.

But they are a great chassis builder.

uhn2000 and jaywo like this.
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Not completely true, they do quite a bit of engineering and testing on their engines which they've done a marvelous job with. Aside from the extreme performance they have been incredibly reliable.

The turbo lag in the earlier cars is more of a result of technology at that time. Both Ferrari and McLaren have done a great job since.

5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I agree, but Ferrari certainly are building the best engines in the world right now. Their UI tech however....

Drson likes this.
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    .....sucks big time.

7. Ferrari turbo engines have no lag.

Ferrari saved all that lag for their UI.

ryalex, Gh21631, freshmeat and 5 others like this.
  8. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    haha made my day - so "accurate" :)

IloveGT likes this.
  9. ring007

ring007 Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    I currently have both the Speciale coupe and 675LT spider. Both are the best cars I have ever owned. Much different driving experiences as outlined in other responses. Mclaren acceleration is unmatched just as the Speciale sound is. Mclaren feels/drives like a smaller car then the Speciale. The 675 handles better and is more precise then the Speciale. Speciale is better around town. More clearance and ride is smoother in bumpy setting. I would get both of your are comfortable with owning both.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    FWIW, I was introduced to a person tonight who owns two Paganis, two Bugatti’s, a Veneno and many other cars. His favorite car to drive is his Pista. It’s the one he keeps in his Florida garage to drive. The others are displayed at his showroom, more or less.

11. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    #111 stan996turbo, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021