IMSA 2021 | FerrariChat

IMSA 2021

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by kylec, Dec 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    The ROAR before the 24 has been pushed back and has more significance than in years past. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

For the Rolex 24, they’ve announced additional fan restrictions.
    For the safety of our competitors and staff, the garages, pit road and paddock will be closed to fans for the 2021 event, and the grid walk and ballfield access will also be closed to fans during the pre-race festivities. As a result, 2-day Garage Wristbands are no longer valid, and Sunday's Café 24 Breakfast in the garage is also cancelled. We understand this news is disappointing. As a result of these cancellations, we will defer your 2-day Garage and/or Café 24 Breakfast experience to the 2022 event and place an additional 20% credit of the amount paid for these cancelled experiences on your account.

2. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    First time in 20 years I will not be going. :( Got the credit and the 2022 allocation. Also had to cancel air travel and hotel.... Let's see if it will be the same for the 500 later in February.....

3. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    That sucks. I’m afraid without being able to roam the garage and paddock I’d rather watch on TV. Sitting in the stands isn’t for me.

Frankly I’m surprised as Florida is wide open. I go to beach volleyball tournaments in Vero once a month and it’s asses to elbows.

4. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    Went to the ROAR today. Cold, cloudy, and windy weather. The size of the field is promising. Seeing the Acuras in different livery was a little weird. The midway rides were being assembled, NASCAR 3/4 camping area is not accessible.

5. Cool. I had plans to run up yesterday but saw the weather didn't look to conducive to enjoyment so I'm glad I didn't.. Thought about the qually race today, but nixed that one too. The 24 on TV will do next weekend.

ROAR session results to date: http://imsa.alkamelsystems.com/

Live timing: https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa

and https://www.imsa.com/scoring/ (I presume; I've only used Alkamel so far this weekend)

kylec likes this.
  6. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    I’m actually thinking about watching the start on TV then going to the track after dinner. I anticipate it being crowded next weekend.

7. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Corvette 1 and 2 in gtlm

8. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex

I love seeing the changes in liveries. With all the changes coming in to this year I may need to actually look at the spotter's guide.

9. Oh my ggodness!!! 'Can't have that......parity, I say, parity.

Quick, BoP the heck out of 'em..........gots'ta level that playing field doncha know....... :rolleyes:

10. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    GTD Pro was confirmed for next year. With most manufacturers being interested in customer programs, will there really be that any more entries into GTD Pro than there are in GTLM? Obviously there are more cars built to that spec, I just wonder if manufacturers will move to this if they are already in GTD. I guess the other way to look at it is, did IMSA just kill GTD AM and teams will move to Pro instead. Curious where this one goes.

On a different topic...what is the best way to get the IMSA Radio/Radio Le Mans broadcast in the US? I know I can get the audio, but I would like to avoid the NBCSN commercials every 3min as well if possible.

Isobel likes this.
  11. 'Haven't bothered in years (since ALMS) but 'used to be on Sirius/XM and, of course, www.radiolemans.com and www.imsa.com

12. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The audio feed is available on imsaradio.com. I want to try to get the video feed (and same for today's Michelin Pilot Challenge race), but it is geoblocked for the US. I have heard you can go through a VPN but I don't know much about doing that.

13. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    IMSA Track Pass on NBC Sports Gold is $2.99/mo and typically just shows the racing (with no commentary) while the live broadcast is in commercial. It shows coverage for Pilot Challenge, Prototype Challenge, MX-5 Challenge as well. It's not Radio Lemans however.

Devilsolsi likes this.
  14. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Got the Track Pass and have that on mute with IMSA radio in the background instead. Slight delay with the audio from IMSA radio but good enough.

15. #18 lorenzobandini, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    This would be one o BHW, This is one o'those rare times I'd agree with you but I notice that the DPI teams with the NASCAR drivers are 4 man teams (Elliott, Allmendinger, Johnson. I also note Robert Kubica is added to a team!) where they are usually 3 man teams for enduros,; 2 for sprints. They're just additional added to the teams which aids in their exposure for sponsors. Check the grid. http://imsa.alkamelsystems.com/Results/21_2021/02_Daytona%20International%20Speedway/01_IMSA%20WeatherTech%20SportsCar%20Championship/202101301540_Race/01_Grid_Race_Official.PDF
    The important thing will be checking how many/long stints they do and how their lap times compare to the regulars on the team after the race is over. IIRC, the same site provides PDFs of the same in the results section. http://www.alkamelsystems.com/en/

Live T&S: https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa

BTW, note Colton Herta is on the Turner Motorsport GTD BMW team.....

16. #19 lorenzobandini, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    And you're being rather disingenuous. I presume you know how many yards of runoff there are 'twixt the trac and the barrier outside turn one so it's not "amazing" at all that he used ity to get going the right way again.

Finding fault is one thing, but inventing it is another....;)

17. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Really a shame what happened to the WeatherTech Porsche at the start.

Nuvolari, kylec and Isobel like this.
  18. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    btw Track Pass is absolute trash

19. Back in the hunt though. Long way to go.

20. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex

At this rate they may be able to make up all those laps they are down.

21. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Man I am missing being at Daytona right now.

22. I wuz looking at the Bimmer 25. 'Been up since 4am, guess I need a cat nap....... :rolleyes: