Iso Fidia dound in junkyard in 2011 | FerrariChat

Iso Fidia dound in junkyard in 2011

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Jul 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    This short piece I found said GM owned the car first where it was driven by John DeLorean, Bill Mitchell,, etc. and sold it and then it was eBay auctioned after being found in the junkyard., High bid in the auction was $15,000.
    I'd like to know what GM sold it for--probably to en employee. Earlier they sold a Mangusta for under $10K so I am guessing this went for about the same. Do any former GM designers know? Or if anyone knows the junkyard price?

Here's the story I found plus pictures

It Came from a?Detroit Junkyard: 1968 Iso Fidia S4

2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Found this one on eBay. Sold in 2010. Story here

Grotesque Giugiaro: Farm-Yard 1970 Iso Fidia | Bring a Trailer

What I want to know was: Even though it's six years later, does anyone out there think the buyer paid too much, seems by the general state of deterioration, like it's gonna need a new floorpan. I don't what the Fidia market is but it looks like this car needs everything. Unlike the GM car though at least it has bumpers...The trouble with trying to see if this was a good value at the time is so few Fidias come up for sale, there is no established price

3. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    i know of the silver car... he still has it and isnt selling it.

i know of the one off mangusta too, its owned by dick ruzzin. i went for a ride in it, dick says he will be releasing a mangusta book a next years concourso italiano at the Monterrey historic weekend. They will be shipping his car there.

4. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Any news on this car? What car was GM thinking of making that they wanted to drive the Fidia as a model? I have seen pictures of DeLorean with a Ghibli and of Mitchell's Mangusta (he rejected it and Ruzzin bought it)and Bordinat's Mangusta but what other Detroit executives owned Italian cars?

5. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    I remember that silver car. I saw it at EyesOn Design twenty years ago when Giugiaro was the honored designer. I like it a lot more than the author of that article! :D

6. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C