2020 NFL weekly Pick'em | Page 35 | FerrariChat

2020 NFL weekly Pick'em

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Whisky, Sep 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Actually I intend to pick the Bucs. I didn't like the talk about Rodgers being the BOAT, and Brady put that idiocy to bed yesterday. Now they're talking about Mahomes will someday be the GOAT. So I second beat down by Tom will put that to rest at least for another year. :)

I posted this in the NFL 2020 thread right after it happened that Lafleur made two coaching errors, he didn't call a time out on that big gain before the end of the half and not going for it on 4th down. I have to admit that Rodgers should have had a chance to win the game, but the coach took it away from him.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  2. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    What's a BOAT?
    Best of all Time?
    Buccaneer of all Time?
    Bundchen of all Time?

3. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
  4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Best of all time. Some news guy applied it to Aaron Rodgers. I think the implication was that although TB12 or Montana may be the most successful QB of all time, but ARod was the most talented / physically gifted passer of all time...T

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Today it was funny, if unfair, they were calling him the COAT, Choker of All Time. I didn't realize he's lost his last 4 NFC Championship games.

I still can't get over LaFleur not going for it on 4th down. Rodgers is arguably the best QB this year and you don't put the ball in his hands? Although on that 3rd down play I don't know why Rodgers didn't run it. If he didn't get in he at least would have gotten to the 1 or 2 yard line. Then LaFleur would have had to go for it. Oh well, Rodgers and LaFleur helped to cement my last place position! :D:D:D

6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    SUPER BOWL

KC AT TB - TB

7. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    My morning starts with Clay Travis, then Dan Patrick, then Colin Cowherd, and then Doug Gottlieb.
    They are ALL the same.... and ALL of them were throwing that out about Rodgers today...

Makes you wonder what Rodgers could do on a consistently good team, which he's never had. (CONSISTENTLY)
    If they don't lose Adams, Lazard, MVS or Tonyan, next season should be a whole lot better - it's taken them
    ALL season this year to even begin to Jell. Look at all the WR's that have come and gone at GB over the
    last ten years.

I think the NFL needs to consider one thing - salary cap NOT counting the QB.
    But then again, some teams seem to make it work - BUT - it counts on having some
    great players on rookie contracts, but as soon as those guys contracts are up, they
    can no longer afford them.

tomc likes this.
  8. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Honest question, why do you listen to Gottleib? He's such a sjw.

AceMaster likes this.
  9. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I can't stand the guy, so, which one do I dislike the most? Gottlieb on FOX, or ESPN? I dislike ESPN more than I do Gottlieb.

Oh - I have ZERO respect for Gottlieb based on one thing he did about 10 years ago I'll never forget.

He was interviewing Jim Mora on a radio show - who was Michael Vick's coach in Atlanta - after Michael went to prison.
    Doug did every thing he could, tried every trick in the book, re-worded the same questions that Mora wouldn't answer,
    trying to dig up more dirt on Vick. Listening, you could tell Mora was pissed - and getting more pissed by the second,
    but Mora held his composure and gave him nothing, no dirt.

So why do I listen to Gottlieb? Too lazy to change the radio station, basically, and it's for less than an hour.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  10. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    LOL!

11. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Does everyone have their teams set in our NFL.COM fantasy playoffs?

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I do!
    T

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    @PhilNotHill

I am picking TB for the win in the Super Bowl.
    I think it is rainy in TB for the SB, and Fournette makes the diff for the Bucs, in combo with a little TB12 magic in a low scoring contest...T

14. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I will, in every way shape or form, take the work ethic over the gifted/talented...ie Rice over Moss.

tomc likes this.
  15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You mean you wonder what Rodgers would do with a real coach who knows how to use him, doesn't make boneheaded decisions, and isn't afraid of his own shadow.

They get rid of McCarthy and then bring in a younger version of him in Lafleur.

GB has had a legitimate shot for most of Rodgers career, but unfortunately coaching as well as some of him even choking have more to do with that then anything else.

16. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm going with Tampa Bay Sunday

17. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Dan Fouts or Dan Marino?
    I cannot disagree so much with Rodgers, but a few other guys have had arms that were just as good,
    some folks have said nobody could match Elway's arm, and I am not so sure Mahommes doesn't have
    the best arm today...

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Fair point. I think AR is more mobile than those two guys, although I am not so sure that "mobility" was considered that big of a necessity in the days or yore as compared to now...T

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yeah, GB needs to go for broke in the next few years if they are keeping AR. As it stands, he could be a latter day Marino, who made it to the SB as a rookie IIRC and then never again...T

20. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Marino made it in his second year, but unfortunately for him it was vs Montana

tomc likes this.
  21. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Oh, but that's not what you said, you said:
    'ARod was the most talented / physically gifted passer of all time...T'

So, are we talking 'talented, gifted passer', or are we talking other things as well?

22. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Mobility would fall under talented/gifted...Steve Young, Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I was just relaying what the chatter was pre-NFC Championship, calling ARod the BOAT vs TB12 as the GOAT.

I think being the most talented is more than just arm strength. BUT, back in the Marino & Fouts days, QBs were not asked to do things (like be mobile) that are now considered required, since D players are so much faster than when Fouts, Marino, et al. played.

T

24. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    KC

TIEBREAKER TOTAL SCORE 57

25. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ