Emblem fastening | FerrariChat

Emblem fastening

Discussion in '360/430' started by colorfull, Jan 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Can't seem to find specifics on how to remove and reinstall the F430 rear deck emblem, anyone who can provide insight, it would be greatly appreciated!

I can see there is some kind of clip, I just don't want to break anything.

Thank you in advance! Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I think you can just carefully pry the clips off using a nylon forked pry bar and then use some dental floss on the topside as I think there is some adhesive on the edge letters. To get new clips, the part # is 88074800 and will be the cheapest OEM Ferrari part you will ever buy. They are $1 each. To install, just use a socket that fits to the edge of the clips circumference and push it on while pushing down on the logo in the area of the pins.

3. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    @CoreyNJ , wow! Thank you so much, that is awesome!

It's come loose so I want to attend to it so it doesn't do any damage (or rattle around)

Thank you again!!!!

4. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've removed mine when I did a paint correction/polish. Yes, just pry (or snap) the clips off. I was able to retrieve one, but not the other. As CoreyNJ said, there's adhesive in a few spots (ends and middle I think).

I put it back on with 2-sided adhesive and some twist nuts I got at HD. I like the twist nuts better than the clip because you can screw it on and off.

colorfull likes this.
  5. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    If it's come loose, just do what I said with the socket to tighten the existing clips up. I don't remember the socket size, but I had to do that on my 430. I know about the clips because I'm having my car's PPF redone, a stripe added which needs the logo removed and also a paint correction/ceramic coat. Figured for $2, might as well use new clips.

6. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Thank you @CoreyNJ and @MKTViper , great info, very helpful

Want to remove, clean out the residual detailing bits from prior folks and set it in solid

You guys are awesome, this forum is the best!

7. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Why not use a soft tooth brush or artist paint brush to clean up the wax residue?

8. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    @ItalGerBrit , considered that, just don't think it will be as clean as remove and replace

Also,

It's loose and moving around, I want to coat the back with rubber before re-attaching

+1 for OCD!

9. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Understand. 3M makes some very thin emblem adhesive tape that should stop the wiggling. About the OCD, crash a couple of cars and you will get over the minor stuff. Might even quit washing them.

Skidkid likes this.
  10. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Thank you for the tip, dare I say LOL?!

11. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    If u lose a clip, u can use Honda Civic clips that hold the front H emblem.

colorfull likes this.
  12. Animate

Animate Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    BC,Canada
    I threaded the pins (using an M3 die if I recall). As they're plastic I went slowly and backed the die off frequently, but the resulting threads are very good.
    I used nylock nuts but ran a tap through first to take away some of the retaining material so they wouldn't twist the pin off.

colorfull likes this.
  13. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    @Animate , that's brilliant! Thank you for the suggestion and detailed instructions!

14. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B

Look around for shops which work on Ferrari's. They may be able to give you an idea how to do it. I looked into this when I detailed my car (a 360) but gave up. Also do a search on Google. I think I ran into something when I was thinking of doing this.