Top Speed Pro-1 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Top Speed Pro-1

Discussion in '360/430' started by boostd, Nov 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FrankForrest

FrankForrest Rookie

Nov 12, 2016
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Glen

I've got the Top Speed headers. Thinking about installing them this weekend. What "simple machining" was required?

2. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Frank- I’m an old school hotrod guy so I’m willing to expend some elbow grease to buy headers for 25% of the price for the fancy tubes. Once they have the fabspeed blankets no one will care.

1- I had the flange faces decked as they were not perfect. I could have run them as Is w the supplied thick fiber gaskets.

2- I had to drill some of the mount holes larger to affix to the heads on each side. Hand drill did the trick.

you will love the power and sound and wgt redux.

brookliner7 and Flea7 like this.
  3. Nholmes11

Nholmes11 Rookie

Dec 23, 2020
    Phoenix, AZ
    Has anyone used or considered a ceramic coating for their headers, such as Swain Tech? I have a buddy that used them on his 355 headers and swears by them.

Thanks!

4. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I've heard conflicting reports on this. I'm going to try the jet hot 2500. I heard of someone who had it but still melted their e brake cable so I will be making a heat shield for mine.

I haven't heard of fitment issues on the F430 Top Speed Headers. The 360 on the other hand seems to have a lot of fitment issues that the company doesn't like acknowledging. If you buy them for the 360, plan on needing them decked.

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I would use the heat blankets and the Capristo headers.

6. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Ferrari OEM F430 Challenge Headers still seem to be the best price point alternative with no cats

7. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    But the question no one seems to know is, are they as strong as the MKII manifolds? Or will they still crack like the MKI but just not cause a major issue engine rebuild issue because of the lack of internal cats.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    360 top-speed headers were a pia to get on and made “like ****” according to one of my independents. Their 200 cell cats were fine.

imahorse likes this.
  9. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005

10. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    I have not heard of anyone with cracked FERRARI OEM f430 challenge manifolds, have you or anyone, what else do you need to know guys ?, for $1,750 you would have to think 3x about buying any aftermarket system, when Ferrari makes its own with heat shields for you .... at half price

11. Danedingerson

Danedingerson Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2011
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Dane
    How many units do you think are installed on F430s? If it is less than ten ,that might explain the lack of failures

NMNMNMN likes this.
  12. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    3 years in and no failure here with challenge headers. You need to treat the cause, not just blame the header. The rigid rear brackets cause failure at the weakest point which is the smallest tubes. The header.

NMNMNMN and Bas like this.
  13. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Just don't powdercoat your headers like famous u-tuber did.... they will catch fire.

I would just do blankets.

14. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

So Challenge headers and what bracket? Thanks!

My car has MK2 headers with cats should I go challenge?

Appreciate your knowledge

15. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Also challenge headers are being remanufactured in Europe currently, they are not already 10 years old. If you just remove your gearbox u clamps that should be sufficient, the OEM muffler mount has a degree of flex for heat, which the gearbox U bolts clamps prevent

16. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Well hopefully since they will be new manufacture the design is updated to the MK II. That would make sense since they just appear to be the standard manifolds/headers without the cats for emissions.

This might be the way I will go myself if mine ever go bad as I’m trying to keep my car as ferrari original as possible with every modification easily reversible, switching headers out is not easily reversible.

17. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    As Richard said just remove the lower U-clamp brackets. You can go challenge headers to eliminate the pre-cats.

18. Danedingerson

Danedingerson Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2011
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Dane
    Someone needs to make a header that is as quiet as the original. I cant go with any louder and stay married.

19. diabl0

diabl0 Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    Toronto
    Would anyone know where we can buy F430 challenge headers from?

20. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Eurospares

21. diabl0

diabl0 Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    Toronto
    Thanks Lorenzo. They seem to be out of stock till Jan 2024 for the right side.

22. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

They have said that once before so I don't know if you have tried contacting them or not

23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I had Competizione order me a full custom exhaust system. Give them a shout.

24. diabl0

diabl0 Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    Toronto
    Yes I contacted them earlier today and had a couple of email exchanges with Neil there.

25. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

OK yea Neil is my contact there to