Front lift needed? | FerrariChat

Front lift needed?

Discussion in 'New England' started by bobbypagos, Jan 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobbypagos

bobbypagos Rookie

Dec 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bobby Pagos
    Hi everyone, I’m a rookie to the exotic car world and looking at 458s at the moment. I came across one that is really nicely specd but it is missing the front lift. Is that a deal breaker in New England? I’ve passed over a lot of cars recently just because they didn’t have this option but then was thinking “how often will I use it?” Or maybe more importantly “how often will this save my ass?” Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Unless at your house or at some destination you will regularly visit has a steep angled incline, I would say it is not necessary and certainly not a deal breaker all other things being even. A lift wasn't offered on my 612 and it hasn't mattered that I didn't have it. My FF has it and I've only used it just to test it, never because I had to use it.

3. bobbypagos

bobbypagos Rookie

Dec 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bobby Pagos
    Thanks for the quick response! The 612 is a low car too - that helps make that decision easier. Thank you again

4. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I spent the money on my 488 Spider and never used it. If I order another Ferrari, I will skip that item on the spec sheet.

5. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Totally personal decision/ necessity. I would never buy/ order a car without it. Need it for my driveway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. chucklehead

chucklehead Karting

Mar 28, 2005
    Beverly, MA
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    I like the front lift for getting on ferries and parking garages.

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard or Nova Scotia? :)

8. chucklehead

chucklehead Karting

Mar 28, 2005
    Beverly, MA
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Visit my friend in Westhampton so I take the New London ferry to Orient Point. Visited Martha's Vineyard to test drive cars at a certain someone's house a few years ago. That was fun.

9. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    I have it on my 458 and have used it dozens of times through the years. Gives me peace of mind in those circumstances. Last time was when the car was being towed up onto a flatbed tow truck after LimeRock. The dead flat front right tire put it down lower and even with the tow truck drivers shims, it was too close. Lift fixed the issue immediately.