Average Income of Ferrari Owners in USA? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Average Income of Ferrari Owners in USA?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by leroy105, Jan 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Totally agree

F2003-GA and paulchua like this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    My Ferrari (Mondial t and 456) both cost less in the long run than my Toyota, Acura, and Tesla.

Depreciation is your friend. + Having blessed wrenchers within 10 minutes of my house was the key. California is what? 70K? Say it depreciates down to 45K -

35K is nothing to fulfill a dream. Get it, especially with what, PenFed offering 2% interest?

I got loans on both cuz money was free. Paid both off and now can sell for more than I paid for either.

I got the Mondial T for 27K and 456 for 43K.

I just paid for repairs/maintenance - that was FAR LESS then depreciation if said I bought a brand new Mercedes.

I love Ferrari just on this fact alone.

I got "PAID" to drive two Ferrari around. Thank you Enzo, bless you, and may you rest in peace.

P.S. Now, of course, many say my cars are the ugliest two Ferrari around, so maybe it was fitting I got paid. ;)

3. metaldriver

metaldriver Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
    #128 metaldriver, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Whatever weed you are smoking, you should adjust your opinion, because you can own a 488GTB on a $200k salary and this is my third Ferrari (360, 458, 488). Granted these are not the "higher end" Ferraris like the TDF, 812, etc. but within reason, owning a Ferrari is an achievable milestone.

Since we are "showing off" I have had four M-Bs, six BMWs, two NSXs all on that same humble salary.

Boosted930, VAF84, DOWORKFCAR and 2 others like this.
  4. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Same here.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

5. John Enright

John Enright Rookie

Dec 8, 2019
    Syracuse, NY
    Full Name:
    Jenrigh1
  6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I just filed 2020...net income equal ZERO....that's $0.00

Island Time, DOWORKFCAR and jag-oo-r like this.
  7. GratefulKev

GratefulKev Rookie

Nov 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kevin Kane
    Three daughters in college next year or, to F-car enthusiasts, a 458 Spider spent in tuition. That's after a collective 17 years of private school tuition at $44k/yr. My exotics are parked in my daughters' well educated brains...for now. Different priorities, I guess. I look forward to spending "tuition" on myself in a few years and joining the ranks of wide-grinning Ferrari owners.

Pinab7, Wikdstrate and tomc like this.
  8. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    No, same priorities.....I think you will find most of us take our children’s college education very seriously. I would sell one or both exotics if needed to fund our girls through a bachelor’s degree. We have a daughter at Texas A&M in her junior year studying Chemistry and one just starting high school.

9. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    compare buying used ferrari vs leasing new nice sports car. something like c8, cayman, m4, etc will lease between 1000 to 1500 month all in over 3 yrs or about $50k total. buy cali t that stickered for 250k for 150k and keep same 3 yrs. then sell at 100 and lose same $50 depreciation as wouldve in lease. so comes down to what do you want, a new c8 or a used cali?

Rlurie1, paulchua and VAF84 like this.
  10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    exactly. an FF or 430 etc will be much cheaper to own for the next 3 to 5 years vs brand new range rover, escalade, AMG, etc....

VAF84 and paulchua like this.
  11. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    These damn kids.

Shark01 likes this.
  12. GratefulKev

GratefulKev Rookie

Nov 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kevin Kane
    I had to "bribe" my oldest daughter to enroll at Princeton where she was recruited for the women's soccer team. She had nine other offers, most with full scholarships, but I told her that I would pay the freight for the Ivy - they do not offer scholarships, only need based grants and I did not qualify - everyday of the week. She's a computer science major, a two time Ivy League Soccer Champion, and has promised me a Ferrari someday when she hits it big, assuming I do not beat her to the punch.

Pinab7, F2003-GA, VAF84 and 4 others like this.
  13. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    All right! Chem major a million years ago. Make sure she does undergrad research to get the full experience...T

14. GTFan

GTFan Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 10, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Been there plus 3 weddings....then it was my turn. I went entry level but love to have a convertible so have a ‘19 Portofino and enjoy every minute in it! My wife likes it much better than the 911 Targa 4 GTS I traded for it too.

F2003-GA and tomc like this.
  15. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    To OP, it appears as though you probably value the money more than the joy that accompanies ownership. On that basis, I would pass.

I was like you in my 30’s. Worked 90-100 hours a week building my businesses. I didn’t want to waste a single dollar, and so I hoarded cash. The only way I let go of a nickel was to get a better grip. I’m blessed with scant few regrets, but chief among them was that I waited 10-15 year too long to fulfill my lifelong dream of owning a Ferrari. When I bought my F12 almost 4 summers ago, I immediately realized my mistake and dramatically adjusted my life goals. I decided that I would much rather die with less money (perhaps even far less money), if it meant that I could experience the joy that these cars bring me. They are my passion and I have lost my mind over them. I go to sleep thinking about cars, and when I wake up, I’m thinking about cars. So now I am committed to making up for lost time, accordingly since that first purchase, I swapped the F12 for a new 812, added a new Performante, added a 2005 Ford GT, added a Dodge Viper ACR, my 765LT should arrive next month, and my STO should be here in Sept. I spend exactly zero minutes thinking about how much these cars have “cost” me, I’m too busy enjoying how they make me feel. In sum, it all depends on what’s more important to you, money, or passion?

Last point, I don’t get caught up in percentages of income or NW. Everyone is different (look at Shark, he should be an inspiration to anyone with a passion for cars). To be clear, I don’t advocate being an idiot with your resources, but if you have some cash/assets, modest expense structure, a strong career/business trajectory, and a passion for cars, I would not wait another minute.

16. TomC1979

TomC1979 Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    OP,

Your comment about the “Chevy Badge” came off pretty lame/ignorant, suggests you are more interested in the perceived “status” that you believe the F marque conveys than the utility, form, and fun of the vehicle.

To be brutally honest with you, driving a California at 36 y/o will just make you look like a poser in a modern late model “Chick’s Ferrari”.

If you spend your money trying to “look rich” you’ll never actually “be rich.”

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Nospinzone likes this.
  17. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    We are trying to get her hooked up with a Prof now.....wait that came out wrong....

We are trying to find research opportunities for her....but like everything else, Covid is a problem.

tomc, JHNurse and Nospinzone like this.
  18. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I guess I didn't read that last line about the Chevy badge. I agree with that part of your post.

Besides, you could always put SF shields on the front quarter panels of the Corvette. :D

19. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Lots of calories being burned on this analysis. Sort of comes down to what you value in life. #1 - Is the family taken care of if the car burns to the ground? #2 - Will you have to sacrifice other (high value) lifestyle items or even necessities? If you answered YES to #1 and NO to #2, stop thinking and find the car you want.

20. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I've owned 4 Corvettes in my lifetime. They are very good cars, better than 95% of everything else.....but I don't see them as aspirational, they aren't special enough. Same with Porsche (with 2-3 notable exceptions....and no a garden variety GT3 isn't one of them).

One of my cars is a one year only design with 142 produced worldwide. I live in a metro area of 4.5 million people, and I'm aware of 2 others in the area....that is one of my definitions of a special car.

Thecadster and VAF84 like this.
  21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    It would be nice if you tell us what car you're taking about

22. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    1999 Lamborghini Diablo Roadster......although the example would apply to alot of cars, ex Challenge Stradale...although the production numbers are much larger.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Glad you came on board! Better late than never! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

VAF84, Thecadster and F2003-GA like this.
  24. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex

Pro Bono likes this.
  25. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016

Well said and thank you. As a “younger” Ferrari owner, I greatly appreciate this advice and words of wisdom. Enjoy enjoy enjoy! *responsibly LOL

Shark01, Thecadster and VAF84 like this.