STO or 765LT Spider | Page 3 | FerrariChat

STO or 765LT Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Condor Man, Jan 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  2. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Totally amazing info and I fully agree. The extra cost in running them would be very wasteful indeed.

Thanks again for the help!

May the Horse be with you

3. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    So it was flat as you may remember when I collected it and it has been running great.

When I bought the car back in to fit the rear badge I got them to keep it over the weekend and they recalibrated the charging parameters and said that it running at it optimal. Whatever that means??

4. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Congratulations! That is that box ticked off!

SoCal to az likes this.
  5. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Napier Green!

Just buy her flowers the day of!

6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Napier as much as I love it had been played out. I have something else planned.

7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Vodoo blue is ideal for this car.

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Saw a Paris Blue car today. Was gorgeous. But no blue. Already have 2 blue cars. Gonna be a custom color.

If i was to do a blue, would be Fistral Blue.

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Well you have our attention. I'm sure it will be beautiful judging by your Pista spec.

SoCal to az likes this.
  10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    No suspense needed. Custom shade of green, black interior with green accents. Black pack. Full carbon on the interior and that’s about it. Budget spec. Sort of.

Gh21631 likes this.
  11. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Ok....now I am really intrigued. Dark green, or bright green? I almost did British Racing Green on my 765LT, but didn’t have the balls pull the trigger.

SoCal to az likes this.
  12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Custom green that I worked with the dealer today. I’ll leave it at that. Have said too much already. Lol

Thecadster likes this.
  13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    BRG is nice but I wanted something more unique.

Thecadster likes this.
  14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
  15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Oak green is too dark. Something lighter. And brighter.

I’m not trying to be evasive but the color we discussed doesn’t exist in the Mclaren color pallets. It will be a custom mix. Waiting to get a sample from Woking.

Thecadster likes this.
  16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Three of my favorite colors. That is Papaya Spark in the back. My 720 is that color and frankly it’s stunning.. Napier Green is my dream but my wife absolutely hates it so that is out. And Frankly Brooks from drag times has had his car all over the place so I want something more unique. I think the blue is either curaçao or Fistral. Both great blues.

The nice thing about Mclaren is that you can create your own custom paint for 12k. Whatever color you want. Very reasonable. So I’ve requested a color sample of the green I’m going to go with. Hopefully it looks good in person as is does in my mind.

My current interior is black with orange to match the Papaya. I was going to go a bit more subdued but the guys at the dealership said it’s a convertible- go bold. So looking at options to do that. Maybe matching alcantara seats green but every thing else is black.
    Regardless- I’ve got a year to figure it out.

This will be a long term keeper for me so want to get it right- something unique and not common. My Pista is somewhat unique and not common. Want the same for my spider.

Thecadster and Coincid like this.
  17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Are you considering the Senna seats? If you can find a 765 with them to sit in, I highly suggest you try them out. The extra padding that is used now makes them even more comfortable.

18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m torn on this. Have sat in them before. My buddy has a Senna and I sat in the launch spec coupe. I love them. However- getting in and out isn’t the most fun. That I can easily manage but my fear is that my wife will never sit in them. I’m torn on this....might just go manual adjust seats but I would like the Senna seats if I can pull it off.

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The Sennas are very comfortable once you are seated. Egress and ingress is a pain due to the protruding sides. Opted for the P1 seats.

20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Personalized paint for 12K seems excessively inexpensive. Some of their MSO colours cost more. You might want to verify that price with McLaren.

21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Already did. But will confirm. The info came directly from sales manager.

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The extra padding makes a difference but there is no way a lady is getting out of any of these seats in a short skirt - at least gracefully. I do feel these seats help make the car though. Also for you being taller the Senna seat brackets have a small amount of adjustment which may make it even more comfortable.

Thecadster and SoCal to az like this.
  23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I know. If it was just for me- Senna seats all the way. Especially in a convertible. But I don’t think my wife will be able to do it. Could always drive the Oista on date nights but she actually likes the mclaren over the Ferrari.

Im with you that the seats really make this car.

Boomhauer likes this.
  24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My wife hated the Senna seats and she was quite happy with the race seat in the Performante which many complained about being too hard.

Boomhauer likes this.