First time buyer: Would like input on F430 vs California | Page 2 | FerrariChat

First time buyer: Would like input on F430 vs California

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Spartan_agent, Jan 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua

Yes, for longer trips, FF/Lusso/612/456/412 etc...

Scott98 likes this.
  2. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Someone did mention a 612 to me recently and I just started looking at them. It certainly looks like a great option.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If looking for an F430 the most popular options were

Daytona seats, electric seats, shields, color stitching, Challenge grille, Challenge wheels and F1 gearbox. Today those options probably don't increase the asking price of the car but back in the day, this would have set you back another 20 grand when purchased new. So if you find one with those options know that they weren't free.

Its extremely difficult to find any F430 with a manual box and when you do, they are more expensive to buy. I think only 6 Californias were made with a manual box.

4. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    Best point yet I think. Kids will grow out of the Cali, but grow into an F430.

5. Ro55ss

Ro55ss Rookie

Nov 18, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ross Drake
    If you stretch a little the California T is a good option. I had one for a couple of years and loved it, fantastic performance, great interior and practical.

But the key part if your question is driven by the ‘nay sayers’ who accuse the Cali of being a GT and not a sports car. And in truth they are right, it is a great car for being a GT. I probably listened to the dark voices a bit and changed out of my beloved Cali into a 488 spider....love this car just as much but it is a sports car and different from the Cali, my wife loved the Cali more....

Your choice is between two great cars but they are different.

One other thing to think about is depreciation, I’m no expert but think the Cali is still higher up it’s curve than the 430 so will probably lose a bit more money.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    fun factor goes the 430 all day.
    comfort factor to the Cali.

7. Steveinfl

Steveinfl Karting

May 14, 2016
    Hilton Head SC and Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Steven Clayton
    I like the California a lot for sure. I test drove one and I think it would make a perfect "second" car or something like that (for me, nothing wrong with others who have it as their primary F car). But, the 430...is a special car. It does come down to the "mission" though, as others have said. Do you want an awesome GT car or an awesome sports car?

I've had 328,355,430,458 and now I have a 488...so I have a pretty good frame of reference. The 430 will make you smile every single minute. Period. If i had room, I'd have one with the 488.

8. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    You're not comparing apples to oranges, but rather apples to orangutans . . .

SkiFreak likes this.
  9. Rlurie1

Rlurie1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ryan Lurie
    SVCalifornia likes this.
  10. Reacherman1022

Reacherman1022 Karting

Dec 13, 2016
    Montana
    Full Name: