Redesigned Fuse Block | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Redesigned Fuse Block

Discussion in '308/328' started by TurtleFarmer, Apr 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hrlevy

hrlevy Karting

May 3, 2005
    upstate NY
    Full Name:
    Howard R. Levy
    I would like to order for my 75 308GT4 a set (fuse panel and cover).
    Sent you an email.

Thank you
    Howard R. Levy
    75 308GT4 US serial 10500

NoGoSlow and absostone like this.
  2. TurtleFarmer

TurtleFarmer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jason S
    Howard...sorry about that (bunch of family commitments this weekend). Responded to your request via email. Jason

3. Foxie

Foxie Karting

Oct 9, 2011
    Wexford, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Sean Murray
    Hi,

This looks very good.

I would like to order a complete unit and cover for my 1978 308 GTS, right-hand drive. The existing system has been botched over the years.

Sean Murray
    Wexford
    Ireland

4. TurtleFarmer

TurtleFarmer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jason S
  5. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    I would be also very much interested in a set for my 1980 400i series 1 which is very much similar to the 308/ 328. I can furnish the proper diagrams. The only difference is that my left box has two additional terminals (x&y) for the automatic tranny and the dual a/c, but if needed, I can do a proper work-around. Thank you so very much for being here for us. Jq.

6. TurtleFarmer

TurtleFarmer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jason S
    @jacques Happy to provide you with the 308 solution, but no idea if/how it will fit into a 400i.

I've also considered adapting the design to other models (and have certainly gotten a number of inquiries); send me a PM and we can discuss. The current 308 design was simply born out of a desire for my personal car to have a modern, blade-fuse design for function, safety and aesthetics. It turned out there were other owners interested in the same AND there were enough of them to justify the incremental design work to make the original design work across all 308 model years (and 500 BB it would seem...). However, there's typically quite a bit of effort involved in adapting to a new vehicle model (electrical and mechanical)--so either the effort would need to be small or there'd need to be enough folks out there interested in a solution.

In the original 308 fuseblock design, I didn't really care about the effort cuz I was making it for my own car (and we all spend *way* more effort on our cars than is justified by common sense). Now, if someone wants to give me a 400i, then I'm sure I'd end up spending tons of time designing new stuff to go into it :)

7. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I really want this because it looks beautiful but it don't actually have a problem! LOL

First World problems

Saabguy and TurtleFarmer like this.
  8. Santa Fe Jeff

Santa Fe Jeff Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2015
    Santa Fe, NM
    I would like on for my 1982 400i also if possible. It's in Denver right now for a whole bunch of work but should be back in a week or two. I can compare then if you don't have more info.

I'd like a block and cover for my '83 GTS QV euro. Are there any left?

Email sent. Thanks!!

9. Plutonium

Plutonium Karting

Jul 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    1980 308 GTSi
  10. miahshodan

miahshodan Karting

Feb 25, 2016
    West Jordan, UT
    I am interested in one for a 75 GT4 Dino, e-mail sent.

11. GT4andMore

GT4andMore Karting

Oct 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Just a quick shout out and word of thanks to Jason for excellent service and great product on new fuseboard now installed on my RHD GT4. Fitted it yesterday and enjoyed the simplicity of cataloguing and labelling all the cables and then fitting the new board. With an amazing podcast "13 Minutes to the Moon" making me feel like I was rewiring an Apollo spacecraft, it was an afternoon of engineering heaven!!

TurtleFarmer and absostone like this.
  12. GT4andMore

GT4andMore Karting

Oct 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Here's a pic - just wondering whether I need to turn around all the fuses so that the read correctly with the text - although I doubt that will give any real performance benefits....

Image Unavailable, Please Login

marklintott likes this.
  13. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Fuses don't have a direction. Flip them any way you like.

lm2504me likes this.
  14. TurtleFarmer

TurtleFarmer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jason S
    Ha! As @thorn mentioned, no directionality to blade fuses, however, they do look nicer all lined up--hence all my boards have gone out with them aligned w/each each other. I also intentionally use the fuses w/white lettering & matte plastic as they look better :)

I hadn't thought about flipping the orientation to match the decals--but you're totally right. If I'm spending the time to populate them all in the same orientation, it should match the decal orientation.

Nice running change to the assembly builds..

15. TurtleFarmer

TurtleFarmer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jason S
    Also, I ran out of stock for the last production run in mid-January. A new production run has been started but I don't expect to have them in stock until early March.

I've started a waitlist for all the requests since mid-Jan, but thought I'd let folks know that it'll be a few more weeks before we've got 'em in stock.

16. JohannesErnst

JohannesErnst Rookie

Feb 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Christoph Hamm
    Hi,
    I ´m interested in one for a 308 GTS of 1979 and March would be perfect for me.
    As I´m a rookie here...
    Do you need a formal order, for me it´s "formal" enough.
    Do you ship to Europe?
    thx!

17. JohannesErnst

JohannesErnst Rookie

Feb 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Christoph Hamm
    I meant Fuse Block + Cover
    Thx

18. TurtleFarmer

TurtleFarmer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jason S
    @JohannesErnst I definitely ship to Europe (about a quarter of my shipments have been to Europe). When you're ready, please send me an email to [email protected] (that's my "formal" procedure :) ).

Include the following:
    - Full Name
    - Vehicle (Year, Model, EU v NA spec, LHD v RHD)
    - Shipping Address
    - Paypal email address

If you send me an email now, I'll put you on the waiting list. Or you can wait until I send out a note on fchat when they're back in stock. Your call...

Thanks!

JohannesErnst likes this.
  19. JohannesErnst

JohannesErnst Rookie

Feb 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Christoph Hamm

20. Tvjake2

Tvjake2 Karting

Jun 28, 2017
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom J.
    Whoa! That's pretty neat. Can I order the middle cover?

21. TurtleFarmer

TurtleFarmer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jason S
    Tom, absolutely....send me an email to [email protected] and I'll give you all the details on ordering.I was initially hesitant to create a cover for the design, but once it was done I was really surprised how well it finishes off everything. Jason

Tvjake2 likes this.
  22. Tvjake2

Tvjake2 Karting

Jun 28, 2017
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom J.

It looks awesome, a nice compliment to the fuse block.

23. drrick308

drrick308 Rookie

Feb 14, 2012
    Salem, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Dr. Rick
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tB-GUSiH6gzKK05mx-srmgxfhyIryz4r?usp=sharing

I have had some requests for link to TimeLapse of installing Fuse board. I have re-posted above.
    Incidentially, the Jason's fuse block did a great job on making my windows work, at least 2x better. Car seems to run better, but this is probably a head job (as in I may be imagined this).

Off subject. Hey Jason, you get any requests for Porsche Carreras? My 86 uses similar bullet fuses and I bet a modern fuse block would be useful, although I am not aware of any particular problems with the wiring into and out of that fuse block.
    Keep up the good work.
    RP

24. TurtleFarmer

TurtleFarmer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jason S
    Rick,
    I've gotten a few requests over the past year for other makes/models but so far nothing has materialized. I did take a brief look a few months ago at the 911's but I found a few companies already making aftermarket replacements using modern blade fuses. These folks in particular seem to have a *really* nice design:
    https://adaptmotorsport.com/collections/current-products/products/porsche-911-mini-blade-fuse-panel-upgrade-set

It is funny you bring the subject up. I was literally just lurking over on the 246 forum (they are just so beautiful) and was thinking it'd be pretty straightforward to make a drop-in replacement for the front blocks and rear alternator block AND probably be able to preserve the original top covers (since it's so visible in the front/rear). I'd seen @Nuvolari had even started a thread back in 2010 assessing interest--but it didn't seem like anyone chimed in. So while it's always fun to design and build these little projects, if they're not for my own personal cars, there's obviously gotta be at least a few folks on the other end who want it.

Thanks again for the cool time lapse and the kind words,
    Jason

JohannesErnst likes this.
  25. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Jason, can I just say that people like you (and Martin and others no doubt) provide a unique and very valuable contribution to this forum and to the owners of these cars. I would like to thank you and others like you for doing what you do.