After nearly 15 years in the making, I finally own a Ford GT | Page 4 | FerrariChat

After nearly 15 years in the making, I finally own a Ford GT

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Thecadster, Mar 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Did not even think to check...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Nativetroy, Shark01 and Scudmsl like this.
  3. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Agreed, unlike the detached isolated super cars of today, it’s fun to drive even at 40-50 mph.

Have you done the pulley/tune/exhaust yet? Makes a big difference everywhere in the rev range....wakes up the inner beast

Thecadster likes this.
  4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Not yet Shark, strongly considering it though. Seems like a cheap, and durable, solution to adding more punch. I have yet to see anyone regret performing those mods.

Art138, Davesvt2000 and Shark01 like this.
  5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    The only negative is that the exhaust on my car (bought it that way) has some resonance that I don’t care for in certain rev ranges, so just put some research time in to get the best option for you.

The good news is exhausts are really inexpensive so I may make a change in the future.

Davesvt2000 and Thecadster like this.
  6. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    The only negative that I had was failing NY Inspection. They redid the Tune and no problem. I can't feel the difference. You also have to go through a number of cycles before it will allow it to test.

Joe

7. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    You do have the Bridgestones vs the original Goodyears right? That's the easiest upgrade in my opinion.

The second is to remove your front wipers, and only put them on when you need them. They are an easy remove or install within 15 seconds or so, and you get a much improved view of the front end and fenders. One of the fordgtforum members built some low profile wipers we bought that worked well.

When I got my '05 GT, we did a dynotune, and gained hp and torque just by adjusting the air / fuel mix, and a few minor tweeks.

Thecadster likes this.
  8. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I have the low profile wipers and agree they work well.

DIGMAN52 likes this.
  9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Yes on the Bridgestone’s. They were delivered to my house before the car was. Huge game chnager.

DIGMAN52 likes this.
  10. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I tried to chase one down and couldn't find one.....