Accumulator to Fuel filter tube | FerrariChat

Accumulator to Fuel filter tube

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Temerian, Jan 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    Hi All- I'm looking to replace the two fuel lines which run from the accumulators to the fuel pumps on my 400i series one. The ones I've found on line seem extremely overpriced. Image Unavailable, Please Login Any help would be appreciated. I believe it is part #115605. Thanks.

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    What's "overpriced", and do they actually have some in inventory to sell (or is it just something listed on their website)? My guess would be that doing something aftermarket (like from www.CISFlowTech.com) would be a couple of hundred $ anyway and some time hassle.

Rifledriver likes this.
  3. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    Algar lists them at $150 not in stock. Ferrparts has them at $98.57 also not in stock.

4. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Unfortunately, a lot of F parts appear in the online F part supplier databases but are really "not in stock" -- and may be "never in stock" ;). The Algar price is maybe a bit high, but, IMO, buying them for the Ferrparts price is a decent-enough value to not hassle with the alternative. You might also try www.ferrariparts.co.uk as their being in Europe puts them closer to your model, and they are (were?) the company that Ferrari assigned to take care of the vintage F parts business. If you can't get these hoses from any F parts supplier, I do suggest that you contact Larry Fletcher at www.CISFlowTech.com to see if he can provide a functional equivalent (send a text to his phone number -- he doesn't do email much). Good Hunting!

5. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    I looked for them and noone was able to deliver them. In the end I had them done by my local hydraulic hose provider. Work fine.

Christopher

6. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    If your end fittings are in good shape and reusable, a good hydraulic shop can make the tube with the correct flared ends. Second, if you are willing to use a high pressure Teflon wire braided line Pegasus Racing can make almost anything English or Metric. Be sure ID is same or larger diameter. There turn around is pretty good and customer service is excellent. Call them and send a picture and they will tell you if they can do it or not. Ken

7. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    Was able to source from HoseandFittings.com- $45.00 each. Will let you know if correct when I get the hoses in my shop. Rick

Al Campbell likes this.
  8. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Did they reuse your end fittings or did they have a match?

9. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I believe your photo shows more that just 115605 (so I hope you didn't include the threaded coupling in your description of what you need fabricated):
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Schumi likes this.
  10. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    Hi Steve- I took the coupling off and it is fine so will re-use. The female ends are M14-1.5 and the overall length is 7". These two items are the last bits with rubber in the fuel system. They don't currently leak but I feel I should make everything ethanol proof.