812 VS Rumors | Page 131 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Thanks. I wish I had a picture in my head but I’ve really got nothing with this one :(

Also because I’m not certain how much changes they’re planning, TdF level of changes or more/less?

I’ll maybe stop sketching ideas for LB and try to analyze these pics a little better. ;)

jpalmito, Shack and of2worlds like this.
  2. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I think they still look like an ‘apostrophe’

Maybe the scoop nested within the lights will change, as part of the hood redesign.

crinoid and of2worlds like this.
  3. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I am not sure how much profit can be made if you buy the coupe at $800 and then add options on top...

4. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I did

5. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I did .

6. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    From what I’ve heard today the sequence of events is accelerating .......

7. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
  8. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Any chance of the VS NOT having a GPF? Perhaps a limited numbered production, if that will be the case, could qualify as an exemption? I inquire to those "in-the-know" here. That would include George330, Mr. Forza ;), amongst others...

JTSE30 likes this.
  9. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    They could for non-Eu or China markets if they’re willing to have two different systems but they didn’t bother for either the GTS, Roma or F8 so it’s doubtful they would for the VS.

It’s a shame, really, because it is technically possible if they’re willing to incur the extra development costs and manufacturing complexity.... I mean, how inconvenient would it really be for such a low volume vehicle? Ferrari will certainly charge a hefty price for the car so hopefully they make the effort.

Caeruleus11, JTSE30, Bundy and 2 others like this.
  10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Too many things going against the NO GPF idea. Lack of time, resources or even need to do two versions. Especially with only one consistent engine specification. Even with GPF someone will buy it. Also 123db exhaust doesn't fit in with corporate rules these days but if someone were to do a retrofit it would be more intoxicating than a good bottle of scotch...;)

Caeruleus11 and JagShergill like this.
  11. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Image Unavailable, Please Login I hope the styling is as different or more than the F12 was to the F12TDF however I have very low expectations. You can see the regular 812 head lights so I’m already slightly disappointed. However the one off placed air intakes next to the odd shape of the headlights to make the look better.

ARAUJO77 and ingegnere like this.
  12. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    Absolutley no chance that 812 VS will come without a GPF. In any market. To be clear, it will absolutely have GPF in every single market. Period.

The good news is that Ferrari will be fine tuning every part of the intake and exhaust system to optimize for a more agressive exhaust note. Considering the regular 812 GTS has a GPF and its sounds pretty damn good ... you can be sure that the boffins at Ferrari will have fiddled with it so that it has even more ... arrabiata ... than the already pretty awesome sounding GTS!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  13. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    The 812 VS will have more extreme and race bred aggressive bodywork than this car. You will not be disappointed.

456-boy, crinoid and of2worlds like this.
  14. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Did you really just say that the executives and mangement team at Ferrari headquarters in Maranello don’t know how to make rational and clear headed business decisions ... because they’re Italian? Wow...

15. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    They’ve had plenty of time and have the resources. The question I think is whether there are legitimate (ie. legal?) reasons not understood by us outsiders. If there isn’t, then it comes down to how they prioritize customer vs shareholder desires.

Because the VS is likely to be a very special car, both intrinsically and historically, my hope is that Ferrari will make every reasonable effort to deliver the preferred technical solution to regions that don’t require GPFs.

of2worlds, Caeruleus11, Bundy and 2 others like this.
  16. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Sooooooo ... lemme get this straight ... you’re saying everyone at Maranello sits in a conference room with a decision flow chart that says “5% power increase —> limited number production.
    10% power increase —> non limited number production.”

I guess they don’t even need human intervention in that process then eh? No bloody marketing team meetings. No zoom calls. No strategy sessions. Simples.

Thanks for giving us the key to all this. No sense in any of us running our wet computers on this any further. He’s got it sorted lads. Chalk it up. Mystery solved.

JTSE30 likes this.
  17. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Ummm ... yeah ... no. They won’t. GPF in every market. Every single bloody 812 VS whether coupe or aperta. GPF. GPF. GPF. Deal with it. Love it. Embrace it.

Art_collector likes this.
  18. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Not doing so or giving a valid reason why not just shows contempt for your customers. If others can do it why not Ferrari - charge like crazy but at least give people the option

19. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    They look to me like the mirrors we see on the V12s lately. they were introduced when they started using the 360 cameras.

isot likes this.
  20. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    People get very wound up about the GPF (understandably) but it's actually very easy to remove and replace with sports cats. The Novitec module, designed for the Monza, will no doubt be adapted for the 812 VS. It's the other part of the package you need (to cancel GPF warning light)

Caeruleus11 and isot like this.
  21. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    With 186 posts you may want to tone down your rhetoric a little; no need for such condescending phraseology. Many people contribute their speculations here, and have done so for years, and everyone is pretty civil to each other. Let’s keep it that way, eh?

pingit00, gzachary, stavura and 8 others like this.
  22. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Perhaps you may want to consider a move to decaf...... :D

JagShergill likes this.
  23. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    #3275 ScrappyB, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    But why won’t they? As stated, other OE’s have developed market specific systems.

Lambo does it with their V10
    Porsche does it with their GT engines
    Ferrari won’t do it because.....?