430 - Work hard and your dreams come true.. | FerrariChat

430 Work hard and your dreams come true..

Discussion in '360/430' started by MauriM, Jan 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MauriM

MauriM Rookie

Dec 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just found my old high-school folder in the attic!

My parents were farmers when they left their hometown in Italy with only two suitcases looking for a better living to raise a family of 6 in Southern Germany. They worked hard their whole life to make sure we will have it easier.
    Cars were always my passion and when I was 10years old I promised my dad that one day I‘ll pick him up in a Ferrari! He looked at me and said: Son, I know that I will never be able to afford a Ferrari, but if you will, it will make me very proud knowing that mom and I have met our goals!
    33years later, after marrying the love of my life and raising a family myself, I can proudly say that my parents did everything right!!
    Thank you mom and dad for making this possible! It’s not the F40 and she’s not red, but she’s mine! Work hard, play hard, but never forget where you’re coming from!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. StevieBob

StevieBob Rookie

Aug 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Stevie Bob
    Great story. Your young self made a good job of capturing all the details of the F40 too.

MauriM likes this.
  3. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Yep, great story!
    You can be proud of yourself and your beautiful F430, I love this Ferrari model and I love the color Grigio Silverstone. But I guess most of all you can be proud of your parents, I admire people who dare to take such a brave step!

Freddan, kes7u and MauriM like this.
  4. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Love reading stories like this...!!
    With all the negative in the world today these type of stories are inspiring to all.
    Congratulation.!!

absostone likes this.
  5. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Ha! I LOVE this !!

Such an appropriate sentiment, in my opinion.
    Good for You!

MauriM likes this.
  6. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    Looks like it has German plates. If they lift the travel ban, can I get picked up in it too?

Enjoy your dream!

ps. I still go out in the garage and sit in mine when I just want to escape. I think a lot of us are living a similar dream.

MauriM likes this.
  7. MauriM

MauriM Rookie

Dec 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thank you! Already had a few foreign kids sitting in the 430 hoping to remember me when they grow up and are able to afford one themselves. Of course I keep telling them how important school is!
    And yes, feel free to stop by and have a beer in my garage which is also my favorite place in the house!

Ray Smith likes this.