1/18 news | Page 63 | FerrariChat

1/18 news

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by furoni, Jan 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Thank you all for your comments. I’ve decided to give both a miss. It’s not like I haven’t got enough models anyway.
    Nathan

2. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
  3. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    What do you guys think of the Amalgam weathered 330 P? I like it. The price can be debated but I think the subject is compelling and the execution is strong. What better options are out there for a 330 P? Suber Studio 1/12 is nice.

4. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    There are really not any other good options besides a Suber Studio or other custom built model. Despite various (many) issues with most Amalgam models, that piece does look good. BUT.... I have not looked closely at the wheels & tires which should also be heavily weathered. Did they take care of them too? If not, then that would be a deal breaker for me.

5. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    Wheels and tires are weathered, but why not the front windshield?

I must say, the 330 P's from GMP are very good, but you have to find them.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    I didn't even look at the windshield...I assumed it was so obvious that Amalgam would have weathered it. Well...once again they missed something important.

7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    For those of you who have not bought a Ferrari Monza SP, Burago screwed up the directional wheels on both the 1/18th and 1/24th scale models(wheels the same on passenger and driver sides). The MAISTO 1:18 Scale and BBR models have it correct.

8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Burago did the same on the 348 - that was, and is, just money saving :(

9. Trokosi

Trokosi Rookie

Feb 2, 2019
    Hi, has anyone pre-ordered from carmodel.com before? I have an order for a tecnomodel 166 with them and it just keeps getting put back.

10. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    I have ordered from them before; they are not the easiest to buy from. When I had a problem and needed answers & info, I called them and that worked out ok. Often the telephone is far superior to any e-mail or texting.

11. Trokosi

Trokosi Rookie

Feb 2, 2019
    Ok thanks, good to know. I haven’t seen the model available anywhere else yet so assuming delays from tecnomodel but carmodel haven’t given me much to go on.

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  13. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    I've waited up to a year for a Technomodel release: not uncommon for this manufacturer. Never had a shipping problem with that dealer, but if you have a quality issue you will be paying for shipping to return it.

14. Trokosi

Trokosi Rookie

Feb 2, 2019
    Oh wow ok! I wonder if they wait until they have enough pre orders to go ahead? This is the first tecnomodel I’ve ordered, which given the comments about them on this forum I’m a bit nervous about! I just really wanted the 166S.

15. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
  16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Looks nice indeed...i guess it's one of the "hits" for tecno...now they will probably release a "miss" :)

17. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    Well Pedro, here's your "miss" ;)
    (Never build in white, only one in red and one in yellow)

Technomodel 1:18 Ferrari 408 4RM 1987

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Lusso123 and gt4me like this.
  18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    hehehhehehe! i had already seen it, it's so fugly..why bother making it!!!

19. a.v.d.winkel

a.v.d.winkel Karting

Jun 22, 2004
    Best
    Full Name:
    Arjan van der Winkel
    I have to say that the red one was used for further tests in aerodynamics, which were used on the yellow one.. I have seen a photo as where this car was suddenly white and used as a test-mule in the wind tunnel ... note this was after the famous photo with the red and yellow with a bare alu chassis (which was never used in a 408 ???? i doubt that).
    Funny is also that this white version of tecnomodel has the open headlights as were used on the red one, and the rearlights of the yellow one.

Only two chassisnumbers are known.. but a third WAS build (and pictured)... Image Unavailable, Please Login

Just an other small Ferrari mystery..... as there are many....

rysc97 and JOEV like this.
  20. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    Thank you Arjan, for your explanation. :)

21. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    They also screwed this one up too... no mirrors, lower front spoiler is wrong and headlights is totally off!!!

22. PAT30

PAT30 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 15, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    legoman and rysc97 like this.
  23. a.v.d.winkel

a.v.d.winkel Karting

Jun 22, 2004
    Best
    Full Name:
    Arjan van der Winkel
    On the red and yellow ones thje mirrors are missing, the white one never had mirrors (pure for aerodynamic testing used... see my other reply above) The front spoiler is correct for the white one, also the headlights are correct (same system as on the red one.). headlights doesn't pop up , as used by the 308/328/348 , but this system has covers which are sinking away (similar as used with the Vector supercar). So they are totally on the spot !!!! , with the white version they are only in open position, with the red in closed position.... Look on google for pictures of the red one with open headlights and you see i am right!

24. a.v.d.winkel

a.v.d.winkel Karting

Jun 22, 2004
    Best
    Full Name:
    Arjan van der Winkel