Branded Title | FerrariChat

Branded Title

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Utahff, Jan 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Utahff

Utahff Rookie

Jan 12, 2021
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Sean Robert reddish
    Buying first Ferrari and I want the FF. Love the whole practical package. Found a 2013 at Marino Motors in Florida with the options I desired. Price was not anything special just had the interior I wanted. They told me it had a branded tittle due to having to be bought back by Ferrari over an antenna problem. That term Branded scares but I have only seen that in crashed or totaled vehicles. Any experienced input would be appreciated. vin#VINZFF73SKA9D0189746

2. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Crashed vehicles get "Salvage" or "Rebuilt" titles, a "Branded" title is a lesser stigma, but a stigma nonetheless and warrants a discount. The dealer may tell you it was a minor issue, but really now, if it was minor why did Ferrari have to buy the car back?

Caeruleus11, vraa and SeattleStew like this.
  3. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Dicecal, Caeruleus11, tomc and 3 others like this.
  4. Yellow355

Yellow355 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    "branded" sounds like a lemon law buy back and from the carFOX report, car had way more than an "antenna" problem. I had a transmission replaced by Jeep at one time, then a seat belt plug/sensor issue, due to the car was within 18 months of in service and spent more than 30 days at the shop, I got Jeep pay me $99K, plus I was able to keep the car. So in the case of my Jeep, the car was perfectly fine but each of these lemon law buy back needs to be scrutinized and we just can't give usual opinions on the car. However, with this said, if the dealer told you it was an "antenna" issue, then dealer wasn't being honest and I'd stay away from this dealer who most likely won't stand behind their products.

jag-oo-r likes this.
  5. Utahff

Utahff Rookie

Jan 12, 2021
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Sean Robert reddish
    Thanks for helping. Supper stoked to be part of this community

6. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Some of this may have to do with which state, I imagine. Teak360 says the "branded" title is a lesser stigma than a "rebuilt" title. I believe him, but in most states a "Branded Title" is simply a general term, implying the title is either a salvage or a rebuilt title. I do not have experience in Florida, but a quick google suggests this is also true there.

Because you're in Utah (so am I) I can tell you that your title will say "rebuilt" on it. And that's what it will always say. A Salvage title is what is issued when the car is "pulled" either because it has been damaged by accident, flood, etc, or any other number of reasons. In Utah you can't register a "salvage" title for road-use, until it is converted to a "Rebuilt" title. This happens when repairs are completed and inspected (either by the DMV, or a competent repair facility).

In my experience, branded titles (regardless of the "WHY") restrict your future buyer-pool for a couple of reasons: 1) many sources of traditional financing will not loan money on a car with a rebuilt title. This restricts you to primarily CASH buyers. 2) Most cash buyers are not interested in a car with stories about "antennae-problems" that somehow became so difficult as to result in the manufacturer (or DMV) actually pulling the car from the market.

In my experience, a branded/rebuilt title should come at a 25% discount (minimum) from market value on a clean-titled car of similar condition. Otherwise, what's the point? Get a clean-titled car for the couple of bucks more.

vraa and Moopz like this.