Going to the dark side. Hope to come back soon! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Going to the dark side. Hope to come back soon!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Whatupdoc, Nov 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Whatupdoc

Whatupdoc Karting

Feb 17, 2020
    Absolutely love it, I’ve never had a turbo car before (981s to 458 then huracan) and the initial jolt when you put your foot down on the throttle at low revs is addicting.

I was debating 488 or F8 and when it came down to usable power and performance, the former was an easy choice, especially when I found a car like this one in such a unique spec. As italiafan pointed out to me, both of these cars get to a certain point and the car will back off so you don’t end up in a ditch somewhere. As a weekend warrior who doesn’t go to drag strips or the track but maybe once a year, this is more than I need.

2014 458 Spider (sold)
    2020 Huracan Evo Spyder (sold)
    2018 488 Spider

2. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Congrats on the new ride! That was a fast swap though, what made you jump out of the Lambo so quickly? Seems like you didn't have it long enough to get enjoyment out of it. Do they lose their luster that quickly?

3. Whatupdoc

Whatupdoc Karting

Feb 17, 2020
    You’re right, truth be told I loved that Huracan. Drove the piss out of it though, multiple long road trips/ rallies in a few months I put 4k+ miles on it, so arguably I got to enjoy it more than some people do who have years with their cars. I drove it to vmax (202 mph) with the top down (yeah probably stupid) so I do feel like I got to enjoy it.

The dealership I bought it from made an offer I couldn’t refuse on the car so that was that! If I had the money I would have a lambo and a Ferrari in the garage. Two amazing types of cars, very different from one another. Dreaming of an aventador SV

2014 458 Spider (sold)
    2018 488 Spider

buddyg likes this.
  4. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Ah, can't fault you for that; hard to pass those up. Pretty good deal though if you're anything like me and you don't mind a little variety in life, especially in the form of sports cars. Enjoy the new ride!

Whatupdoc likes this.
  5. Steveinfl

Steveinfl Karting

May 14, 2016
    Hilton Head SC and Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Steven Clayton
    Is that blu corsa with nero roof? I really love it.

6. Whatupdoc

Whatupdoc Karting

Feb 17, 2020
    Change is ALWAYS good. I have a bee profound respect for these TT cars

2014 458 Spider (sold)
    2018 488 Spider

7. Whatupdoc

Whatupdoc Karting

Feb 17, 2020
    Thank you! Correct, blu Corsa Body Color with factory Nero roof. The side skirts are vinyl wrap but I like it. Will keep it until they wear down

2014 458 Spider (sold)
    2018 488 Spider

8. dedazo

dedazo Rookie

Nov 11, 2019
    Texas
    I'm with you! Love what Lamborghini has done with their new generation cars.

I have a 2015 458 spider and a 2018 Huracan 580 RWD. The lambo is so engaging and raw. Shifts are perfect The 458 is a great car but, I for sure get more enjoyment in the Lambo. I've had the 458 for a year and half almost. it is up for sale or a good trade to get into a GT3 again.

Whatupdoc likes this.
  9. Whatupdoc

Whatupdoc Karting

Feb 17, 2020
    Very nice! Thinking manual or pdk gt3?

I’ve never driven a RWD lambo but man going from an AWD Evo to TT RWD is scary as hell. I swear this 488 is trying to kill me.

In the Huracan you can just mash the throttle down to the floor in any gear, anywhere on rev and get grip and goooooo. 488 I can barely use half the throttle lol. I really need to go to Corso Pilota or some kind of driver’s school...

I love the formula one racing pedigree with Ferrari.

I mean come on it says “DRS” on the dash when the active aero comes on.

And when the tires are up to temperature the gauge cluster goes from “warmup” to “go”

What other Easter eggs are there in the 488??

2014 458 Spider (sold)
    2018 488 Spider

dedazo likes this.
  10. dedazo

dedazo Rookie

Nov 11, 2019
    Texas
    PDK for the GT3

The 488 is a Amazing...FAST!!

If you are really into going to a driving school. I recommend Bondurant Driving School in Arizona. Went there 6 years ago. 4 days of intense racing driving. After 4 days you get your SCCA license, and regardless if you decide to race SCCA, the whole curriculum makes you a much better driver in high performance vehicles.

11. carz72

carz72 Rookie

Jan 16, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert Stark
    Terrific post. My 21 Huracan EVO RWD is on the water and a few weeks from delivery. I’m very excited.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Nice write up. These cars are all amazing. I agree about the rwd EVO. It’s the car to get for me. Drove rwd vs awd back to back and preferred the rwd. Awd felt too much like a turbo s. Congrats on the 488. The 488 is amazing and I just love mine. Looks good next to its louder sister.

pninja005 likes this.
  13. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    wow.. that was fast. 6 weeks of ownershiip?