Renault F1 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Renault F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by NEP, Apr 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Antony Villain, Alpine Design Director: Giving a powerful and specific identity to Formula 1, but also to the entire Alpine motorsport programme, is an evidence and an opportunity. With motorsport at the heart of our process, the graphic identity is key.

Antony Villain, Alpine Design Director: The livery presented today is the first evocation of the Alpine F1 team’s new identity. Some of the structural graphic elements will remain on the racing livery while others will change.

Antony Villain, Alpine Design Director: The 'oversized' Alpine emblem in a tricolour graphics system is the first clear-cut symbol of the brand's identity in motorsport. The blue, white and red refer to the colours of the French and British flags, which is very important to us.

More images of the Alpine A521

Image Unavailable, Please Login

sammysaber and 375+ like this.
  2. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    They really could have made that car pop in blue. What a boring livery.

kes7u and ingegnere like this.
  3. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    It is kinda bland. Alpine F1 is reverting back to their 1974 a500 livery.

4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Looks like something out of Indycar.

greg328 likes this.
  5. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    They said that this livery was only for testing. I suppose the final car will be blue: anything else wouldn´t make much sense for the marketing guys.

RWatters likes this.
  6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Like this maybe:

kes7u and DF1 like this.
  7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Im good with either scheme. Blue or Black

8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Traditionally, the Renault were yellow, and the Alpine French blue.

9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Black and Blue, the colors might be more appropriate for Haas or Williams.

ingegnere likes this.
  10. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Davide Brivio joins Alpine F1 Team as Racing Director We are delighted to confirm Davide Brivio will strengthen our team ahead of the 2021 FIA Formula One World Championship season. His specific role and responsibilities will be announced in the coming weeks.

Davide will report to the Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi. Davide joins AlpineF1 team with a wealth of experience and success following more than 20 years in the MotoGP World Championship. We look forward to welcoming Davide as we start the next stage of our Formula 1 journey.

sammysaber likes this.
  11. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    more changes

Davide Brivio announced this morning as Alpine F1 team's new Racing Director, with confirmation of Marcin Budkowski as new Team Principal expected soon.

DF1 and 375+ like this.
  12. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    All black cars fit the above description !!

13. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    375+ and NürScud like this.
  14. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  15. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    That's a major bummer.
    Hoping he doesn't miss too much of the season.

16. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Some fractured bones apparently.
    Even if they fuse rapidly, lasting pain can endure.
    That's going to be an extra tough season for Alonso.

crinoid likes this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Fernando Alonso crash: F1 star 'conscious and well' in hospital say Alpine after accident

Fernando Alonso is awaiting medical examinations after being involved in a road accident in Switzerland.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autosport/1396746/Fernando-Alonso-health-Alpine-road-accident-cycling-F1-news

Formula One driver Fernando Alonso has been taken to hospital after being involved in a road accident in Switzerland, but his team Alpine have confirmed the Spaniard is "conscious and well in himself". It is unknown as of yet what injuries Alonso has suffered. The 39-year-old is said to have been hit by a car while out training on his bicycle near Lugano and will undergo further examinations in the coming days.

A statement read: "Alpine F1 Team can confirm that Fernando Alonso has been involved in a road accident while cycling in Switzerland. "Fernando is conscious and well in himself and is awaiting further medical examinations tomorrow morning. The two-time world champion has been away from F1 since the end of the 2018 season, when he left McLaren. But he is due to return with Alpine, rebranded from Renault, in the upcoming 2021 season provided he recovers well from his accident. This year's 23-race F1 calendar gets underway in just six weeks' time at the Bahrain Grand Prix on March 28.

Reports from Italian outlet La Gazzetta dello Sport have suggested Alonso may have suffered fractures after initial X-rays and if he has, could miss the start of the new season. If those reports turn out to be true, it remains to be seen how Alpine - who also have Esteban Ocon racing alongside Alonso - will replace the former Ferrari driver if they are forced to do so.

Alpine have not yet formally announced a reserve driver who could fill in for Alonso, who has 32 career Grands Prix victories and 97 podium finishes.
    Sergey Sirotkin was the team's reserve in 2020 with the Russian having raced for Williams in 2018. Alpine are set to unveil their car for the new season at the start of March and Alonso was due to get his first experience behind the wheel when pre-season testing begins in Bahrain on March 12. His collision however leaves doubts over his fitness not just for testing at the Bahrain International Circuit next month but also for the first race of the season in the Middle East.

Speaking last month, Alonso told RAI Sport ahead of his return to F1: "F1 doesn't seem to have changed much. Same people, same rules. Who was strong two years ago is strong today. "Instead, I'm a bit different. I wanted new challenges, I had the time to face them and I think I have improved in my body and in my head. And I'm more relaxed ahead of what I expect from myself. "I think I am more mature than ever before. Tests have shown that I am as fit as in 2010. I analysed how I was driving to correct any defects, my speed remained intact, the experiences at Le Mans and Indy provided useful data. "Renault managed three podiums in 2020, I would like to improve the balance sheet. For a year. Then, much more…
    "What am I afraid of? A calendar with 23 races. Heavy. It means having about 20 days off in a year.

18. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Shades of Nicky Hayden let’s hope for a positive outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sammysaber and Nembo1777 like this.
  19. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Get well soon Nando.

375+ and sammysaber like this.
  20. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Sorry how exactly can you state that unless you were there? I actually hit a cyclist in the UK in 1987, horrible seconds until I helped him out of the ditch and we concluded he was unharmed.

There is no statement anywhere I am aware of about any fractures.

There is a lot of fake news on fchat, so let's just wait for the official statement tomorrow. There is no hint this is dire.

Ironically I bought a bike early January but am very conscious of where I use it.

greg328 likes this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Bob Wolleck, Mark Webber also, etc ...

Cyclists are very vulnerable on the road.

greg328 and 375+ like this.
  22. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Just goes to show that F1 drivers should not be doing athletic things when not driving !

What with Schumacher and that skiing thing, Zanardi and that wheelchair racing thing,.....

greg328 likes this.
  23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

They should only train indoors.

I'm even surprised it's not part of their contract.

It will be a rocky start for Alpine this year: new manager, and the Number One driver injured before the season begins.

24. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Rumors of missing teeth and jaw injury.

25. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    stavura, jcurry, DF1 and 2 others like this.