Taken Off Market - 2005 F430 F1 Argento Nurburgring/Bordeaux 25,620 Miles | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 2005 F430 F1 Argento Nurburgring/Bordeaux 25,620 Miles

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by VAF84, Mar 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

That looks incredible! I’m sure it was hard to part ways with it.

I know, if I was ready for the next one I’d take that route. However, the big issue is I don’t have the time to derive pleasure from seeing or driving it so I’m taking a break until I have a role that allows for more time to be involved with my Fcar and car community.

2. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    She was with me for 7 years. I drove about 30,000 miles during those year. 18 wheeler took me off the road April 1, 2013. my back and legs got jammed with acceident and I was not able to get in and out of it. I had massive pain for years, so I sold here to another F chatter in 2014.

3. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

That's awful, I'm sorry to hear that. Seven years and 30k miles is a good streak though, glad you were able to enjoy it during the time you had.

4. duckymex

duckymex Karting

May 24, 2011
    Where can I see it ?
    I am in AUS too.
    Thanks

5. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Car is in north Austin (within range of The Domain). If you’d like to see it, please PM me. I’ll have to schedule you to meet with my dad since I’m out of town on a project. He has access to the car. Can arrange to drop the car off for a local PPI as well.

6. Sebastien Doucet

Oct 5, 2018
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Sebastien Doucet
    Gorgeous car!

VAF84 likes this.
  7. Krnnerdboy

Krnnerdboy Rookie

Nov 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Roy n kwon
    Highly interested. Pmed

VAF84 likes this.
  8. Krnnerdboy

Krnnerdboy Rookie

Nov 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Roy n kwon
    Scratch that i cant pm! Call/ text
    909 525

VAF84 likes this.
  9. Krnnerdboy

Krnnerdboy Rookie

Nov 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Roy n kwon
    Would make a great stable mate to my scuderia. I just sold my gated 360 so i am ready!

VAF84 likes this.
  10. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Thanks again for taking the time to make an offer.

Just an FYI folks, car is temporarily off the market for at least the next two months (Aug/Sep 2020) since I'll be home to drive it some. Not really considering offers below the $81,997 current price as there's no real incentive to sell, but feel free to send them for consideration anyway if you really like the car.

11. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Move it up to mid 90s. Less of a car (360s) are selling near your asking price. 430 is a much better car than 360.

armedferret, DOWORKFCAR and VAF84 like this.
  12. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I agree with you, but unfortunately, I don't think there's a lot of support for F430 in the mid 90's without it having the more common color combo. A 360 or an F430 at a similar price point should be a no brainer. It should have been a screaming deal in the low $80's, but it has sat here for a while with lower offers (granted I didn't try hard to sell it). What really astounded me was that someone didn't snap it up during the brief time I dipped into the high $70's. I'm in no rush to sell it now though, so I'm holding firm.

In the meantime, enjoying the ownership. May even take off the racing stripes, which may help increase its appeal.

13. Metalguru

Metalguru Rookie

May 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Paul Brewer
    Looks like a really nice, loved car.
    I wouldn't remove the stripe as it looks really good against the silver, IMO.
    I'd let the next owner decide about that.

VAF84 likes this.
  14. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    I am in the North Austin area as well, hope to meet you one of these days. there is a small gathering that happens every Saturday at the Grove in Cedar Park. I was there a couple of weeks ago, but it was mainly Corvettes although the last one they had had a lot more variety and I think even dan normal guy supercar was there, but I couldn't make it that day.

Have you considered listing it on Doug demuro's new website cars and bids?

VAF84 likes this.
  15. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Cool! I'd be up for it, just need to make it back to town. I thinking I'll be around to put some miles on it in September, which is why it's temporarily off the market. I want to check out Dan's new ride, so I'll be trying to make an event. Are you in FCA? Maybe cars and coffee will come back online, that's another good one.

Honestly, I haven't been in a rush to sell, which is why I've let the ad languish here. Otherwise, I'd really be pushing it on various outlets. Had a lot of low ballers on eBay the one time I posted (beginning of lockdowns), but I still think it reaches the largest audience. BaT seems expensive, and less predictable. Ultimately, just hope to offer a good deal to the right Fchatter.

16. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    I am in the FCA, although for reason they didn't (hope they do now) have me on the email list and wasn't notified of the last drive they had. (Would've been my first as I bought my F430 2 months ago.)

VAF84 likes this.
  17. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Congrats on the new ride! Don't worry, same thing happened to me, and I had to email Tim to add me to the distribution list. I'm sure I'll see you sometime next month then!

18. lazykenji

lazykenji Rookie

Dec 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kenji Lam
  19. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Hi Kenji, I still have it, but only considering offers of about $95,000 at this time. Seems values have buoyed, but it could change in the future. Always open to discussion. Anyone else who may be interested in the future please PM me for updated price.

In no rush to sell, just on the fence on when and if to make the move to the 458.

20. lazykenji

lazykenji Rookie

Dec 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kenji Lam
    thx for the update. since i m in CA and after some reading, probably have to do some more research first about rather an out of state car will pass CA smog test

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

VAF84 likes this.
  21. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I’d call up Fabspeed. The only aftermarket item I have on the car is their headers. My understanding is it will pass, but having never had to go through CA emissions, I can’t guarantee it.

22. romanteni

romanteni Rookie

Jan 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Roman Tenyakov
    is this sold or available?

23. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I’m accepting offers. Currently in the ballpark of $95k.

24. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    Trying to figure out a way to PM you

25. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

PM sent