Garage Lift * 5 custom who makes them? | FerrariChat

Garage Lift * 5 custom who makes them?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by titannero, Jan 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. titannero

titannero Rookie

Aug 25, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Nero
    Looking for a custom lift builder, the below is a picture of a friends cars he bought; Clear Span lift done by Autopark. They've told me they stopped or suspended doing residential installations and builds. I'm looking for something similar, as i want to be able to fit in 1 lift system 5 cars at maximum. Will require custom lifts as the Bendpak is a little to big for the space also pictured for reference; they do not do anything custom.

I want something that ideally has 4 post's at each corner of the garage so its out of the way, and then you would have a clear space completely underneath. I have 14' garage height so tons of room above for this style lift. Something with I-beam construction and so forth I am sure can be made and engineered.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions or pictures
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Wow, cool setup. Looks like the platform is hanging from chains. How does it not "swing"? It looks like they used Bendpak posts?

3. titannero

titannero Rookie

Aug 25, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Nero
    first one is chain, and really nice. 2nd is a BendPak that’s available but not at custom sizing. The BendPak is cable. I’m sure If you push it, it could sway but obviously why would you do that

4. tvg

tvg Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2010
    Harding Steel does similar custom builds

5. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I have tried to get BendPak to customize their lift and they would not do it (without excessive engineering charges...i.e., we don’t want to do it). I am interested in a single 4 post option for a garage with 2 single doors. The 2-car version of the BendPak assumes a single 2-car garage door.

6. f1_nix

f1_nix Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2005
    Ft. Worth, TX
    https://targetlifts.com/

Try these guys. They say they can lift anything. They were able to easily customize a 4-post lift for my garage to work around an obstacle. The front leg pair had to have a wider separation than the rear pair due to the clearance needed for attic access stairs. They also customized the height of the stops for the platform height. I thought the upcharge for the customization was reasonable.

I have a three car garage with one 16-foot-wide two car bay and one 10-foot-wide one car bay. The lift is in the one car side.

Scudmsl likes this.
  7. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I don’t know why, but I am not a fan of chain-based solutions versus aircraft cables. Anyone else have a different experience?

8. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Really both are fine as long as sized properly. I'd prefer chain as damage/corrosion is more obvious on a chain where on a cable it can be hidden internally though.

Scudmsl likes this.
  9. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
  10. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
  11. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Scudmsl and colombo2cam like this.
  12. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted

Scudmsl likes this.
  13. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

I had the Franklin Autoswing system on a previous garage, they worked well. The only issue that arose was I had to go to a slightly higher rated fuse within the panel so the doors would operate without blowing the fuse.