F430 --> Huracan Spider | FerrariChat

F430 --> Huracan Spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by ridege55, Jan 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    All this COVID sitting around has made me restless. I have both an F430 and a 458 Italia, but recently got the itch to own a Lamborghini. I was planning on keeping the F430 forever and giving it to my son. However, he told me recently that he did not want it. So I decided to trade it in for an Huracan LP580-2 Spider. Did the deal sight unseen and pick it up on Tuesday. I purchased the car from a Lamborghini dealership that agreed to do a CPO on the car and add in an extended warranty. Did I make a mistake? I still have my 458 so I thought what the heck. For those of you that have had a F430, 458, and a Huracan, what are your impressions across the different cars?

A Lamborghini was on my bucket list, and I figured with all this COVID stuff... you only live once. I do have an "out" if the car does not meet my expectations, but I have to drive 125 miles to pick up the car. Thanks for your insights.

2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Had many 458’s and Perf S....your spyder is a very good exotic. More reliable, quicker, better tech, flashy, diff kind of noisy. Not as nimble feeling or as bespoke/delicate as a 458 though. Both are wonderful to own and I can see the value in having both simultaneously.

ridege55 likes this.
  3. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Have you had a chance to test drive one? I am not on one, but sat in a couple prior to getting my F4 30 spider. To me and I’m only 510, the car felt very tight and cramped. Also, I know you drive forward, but the rear visibility was horrible. Way worse than the F430 spider.

That said, there is no denying that tue lambo definitely looks menacing and sounds phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ridege55 likes this.
  4. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I was able to take a coupe out on the track for about 10 laps. I’m not a huge guy at 5’ 9” so I was able to fit ok. I have not had the chance to drive or ride in a spider though.

5. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks Dustman. I have read your other posts and you opinion means a lot.

6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    A Huracan is an awesome car....I drove one back-to-back with a 458 and liked it MUCH better. Almost ordered an EVO until I finally decided on a Ford GT. I'm curious why your son said no to a free Ferrari....

ridege55 likes this.
  7. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    This generation today has no real appreciation for cars anymore. My son is 19 and has more interest in sneakers than in cars. For him, a car is just a vehicle to get from A to B. Quite frankly he would rather take an Uber than drive. In fact, he did not get his drivers license until he was almost 18. Some of his friends don’t even have a drivers license.

My plan was to give him the car several years from now when he finished college and got a job. He said no thanks :(

8. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Geez.....that's so sad. I have 2 daughters, the oldest drives a manual transmission Kia Soul, does not like newer exotics (even my '99 Diablo is too new) but loves the older cars. The youngest (14) asks to ride in the FGT every time she sees me pull the keys out.

9. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Dad, is that you? I’ll take the car! :)

Hard to imagine someone in their early 20s not wanting a free Ferrari. But then again, it comes with big bills for maintenance, insurance, repairs.. can’t really park it anywhere.. you kind of need to be later in life with a big garage and plenty of disposable income.

ridege55 likes this.
  10. Alleykat

Alleykat Karting

Apr 2, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    Full Name:
    Alex
  11. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Awesome! Your spider looks like the spec I am getting. Bianco Icarus Metallic exterior and Nero Ade interior. Same color stitching and pattern as your seats. I have no knowledge of Lamborghinis, any tips or advice that you can give me on your ownership? Also, should I be expecting tools, tire inflator, battery tender and car cover like Ferraris?

12. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    I have an F430 coupe. Drove an LP580-2 coupe on track and rented an LP580-2 Spyder for a day.

The LP580-2 is not as communicative and feelsome as F430, on track I was quicker with F430 despite HP disadvantage because I could feel what the car was doing better (Dream Racing Track -I don't track my personal cars). Same story on the road. Big difference is how the V10 dominates the experience. Also feels like a smaller car for some reason. Easier to drive, especially in city. I was so impressed I decided to order LP580-2 Spyder when I got home. Missed production cut-off by a week, but probably for the better as it meant I was able to get an order in for an EVO RWD Spyder a year later. Much nicer exhaust, new sport seats (so if you're over 6' you can fit) and nicer looks.

The F430 Coupe gives me an unrivaled analog connection and drop-dead timeless looks, I can't ever get rid of her. The EVO RWD Spyder will be for enjoying the last of the pure NA/no GPF V10's. In good weather I'll have the Spyder out. In cold weather (or when I'm craving manual) the Aston DBS and for everything else the F430.

ridege55 likes this.
  13. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Nickorette, thanks for the awesome insight! After your first sentence I was thinking that you were not going to like the LP-580-2. Glad to see that you have a nice stable of cars to enjoy. I'm keeping my 458 forever, love that car too much. Like you, I will enjoy the spider in good weather. Fortunately in California we get a lot of those days.

nickorette likes this.
  14. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    I am seeing this trend. I have a friend where the kid wasn't even interested in getting a license at 20 years of age; uber was sufficient. Based on the seismic shift in the next generation, I see a possible silver lining, I"m hoping to pickup a 250SWB for $10,000 in about 30 years, assuming I'm still around.

Enzo Sebastian likes this.
  15. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    nickorette likes this.