Sold - 2016__ 650S Spider __ 6500 miles __ Under Warranty __ *Every Option and More* __ $334k MSRP Wow | FerrariChat

Sold 2016__ 650S Spider __ 6500 miles __ Under Warranty __ *Every Option and More* __ $334k MSRP Wow

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by 348SStb, Jan 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

#2 348SStb, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    For Sale at $158,995

* Thanks for looking at my ad! Please call me to discuss the car. Send a private message and let's exchange contact information. *

More pictures in this post below.

Please click the link at the very end of the ad for many additional pictures and some additional information. Scroll way down if you are in a hurry.

==========
    * You are about to review an excellent example that still smells new! *
    ==========

Used 2016 McLaren 650S Spider
    ~6470 miles

Titanium Silver Special Paint Exterior
    Black Full Leather Interior
    Excellent condition

==========

Interior is tastefully optioned with beautiful Stone Grey Accents and Stitching

McLaren Extended Warranty expires 09/25/2021
    Warranty Extendable through 09/25/2029 and Transferable to Next Owner
    Fully loaded - no desirable options missing - See Attached MSRP Sheet
    $334k MSRP - Highest MSRP Seen on a 650S

Over $15,000 in extra carbon fiber exterior pieces from the factory beyond the plentiful carbon fiber standard on the 650S. Wow.

Clean CarFax
    No accidents
    Clear title in my name - no lien - private owner
    Second owner
    Nonsmoker

At 4,550 miles on 04/28/2020:
    Brand new four Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires mounted and balanced at McLaren dealer

Full Clear Bra – “Track Package” (front bumper, front hood, rear view mirrors, front fenders, side blades, inner side blade panel, lower rear quarter panel)

Garaged in climate controlled space
    Always plugged into floating charge
    Never tracked
    No Modifications from Stock

Car is a cream puff - it’s like a new car
    No mysteries - I bought the car from a McLaren dealer
    Simply lightly used
    Looks new
    Smells new
    Drives amazing
    Everything works as it should.

All books, both keys, tools, McLaren battery charger, McLaren car cover.

McLaren Extended Warranty can be transferred by me to subsequent owner.
    Before expiration of current McLaren Extended Warranty, owner can purchase additional warranty from McLaren dealer without inspection by McLaren dealer at intervals of one or two years of additional coverage beyond the 09/25/2021 date. That can be done as often as desired through the date 09/24/2027, bringing maximum coverage out to 09/25/2029.

This used car is being sold “As is.”

==========

Why am I selling? Just moving on, as I usually do.

=====
    Buy with confidence because I am the kind of prior owner from whom you want to buy. I am happy to help make the process very easy. Thank you for reading.

Car located near zip 33408.

==========

Owner comments: 2016 McLaren 650S
    [Skip past this part if you are in a hurry.]

A. Every 650S Spider for sale anywhere is not going to have the equipment that this car has. That’s a fact. That circumstance may not mean anything to someone who does not value the equipment; but it does make this car very unique. There’s not one desirable option missing; and there are so many “extras” that don’t cost the buyer more but which may make the car a more attractive candidate.

I am referring specifically to the following:
    • (1) Carbon fiber wing. It really looks amazing and it means business.
    • (2) All that other carbon fiber. On top of engine, door sills, rear diffuser. Ehhh, kind of a gimmick for many thousands of dollars from the factory but cool nonetheless.
    • (3) Stone Grey accents in the interior with Stone Grey stitching. Wow is the interior stunning.
    • (4) Titanium Silver Special Paint. This silver is extremely rich and deep with heavy metallic flake. Probably no other color intermingles as well as this one does with all the carbon fiber which is already standard on the 650S not to mention the $15k worth of additional carbon fiber. The native color of the carbon fiber exterior trim can sort of “stick out” on cars in other colors, which may or may not be a nuisance to some.
    (5) Soft-close doors. Many cars have been retrofitted with soft-close doors which often do not work correctly. This car has them from the factory, which was available only in 2016; most 2016 cars do not have it. Gimmick? Maybe. But in my opinion no because on this particular car they are extremely useful given the dihedral doors and the nature of this fine machine. I do not enjoy slamming doors or allowing others to slam doors, and the soft-close doors serve well.

B. Most of the time dealers are asking more money than I am asking for this car. McLaren dealers have prices up in the 160s. And often with higher milage. I am offering this car at a realistic price and in my opinion there is value in not suffering through the car dealer experience which includes various burdens such as uncovering the mysteries of a car’s history, negotiating warranty for additional money, negotiating clear bra, negotiating tires, feeling like the dealer is doing the buyer a favor, and the list goes on. Most dealers are just so terrible, and the accumulated stress associated with dealer experiences probably takes years off our lives. Yes I am asking good money but we pay good money for good product. This car is a good deal given its attributes, mileage, and the kind of seller I am.

C. I am a long-time collector of fine automobiles including a previous McLaren and many dozens of other vehicles over the years. I am meticulous when I buy and I am meticulous as an owner and seller.

Want two examples? I fit a custom windshield sunshade inside every one of my vehicles even if the car is parked out in the sun for 1 minute. In the McLaren and in other cars with quality leather, I wear arm sleeves and use microfiber towels everywhere as a buffer between my skin (which has oils and sometimes dirt) and the leather. The leather therefore does not undergo abrasion or soiling. I am a maniac, yes. But that's good for the cars.

D. I do not abuse my cars and I am not impressed with fast cars to the point where I need to behave like a degenerate. This car is so fast that I do not go near the redline. Burnouts? Never did one in my life because I am unamused buy the idea of destroying one’s own property and accelerating the need for expensive replacement tires. In my opinion it is better to be afraid of the power of a car like this than to be bold. Approach to every driveway entrance and exit is calculated with precision so that the underside is never scraped. The vehicle lifter helps here, but careful driving is primary.

E. How does it drive? What’s the experience like?
    Having been a Ferrari collector for 14 years and having been fortunate enough to have owned and driven dozens of them, I can say that I was surprised to conclude after ownership that this car does not take a back seat to Ferrari in any way. I highlight the following attributes: (i) Uniqueness – few people have these; (ii) Dihedral doors – wow; (iii) View of the road – no car has a better view of the road. Low dashboard, perfect uncluttered layout of the interior; (iv) It’s not complicated. Interior is simple but not overly simple; it offers every comfort, luxury feature, and piece of data someone expects of a $300k+ car. Other cars are unnecessarily complicated to operate in so many ways. Ever toggle through the menus on a Ferrari 458/488 etc? (v) The engine sound. Wow. That sport exhaust means business. And this is a flat-plane crank V8 engine with its own unique and very angry sound. (vi) The speed. I think it’s safe to say that 10.5 seconds on the quarter mile is ridiculously fast. (vii) The handling. The steering feel in this car is second to none – it is the best power assist sports car steering of any car. Plain and simple. Other cars may be as good, but none is better. The steering wheel is small, the steering ratio is quick but not obscenely quick such that the car would be twitchy; and the road feel and feedback are wonderful. (viii) The ride quality. This car rides like an S-class Mercedes. No joke. The patented fully active suspension irons out every joint and bump in a manner that no other sports car can achieve. The ride quality is a huge competitive advantage for this car – and there are zero handling tradeoffs to achieve it. (ix) Top down driving. It’s wonderful. Top operates quickly and can be don while driving up to about 30 mph. Want to hear some extra engine noise but don’t want the top down? Maybe it’s cold out? Just lower the rear window for some extra sound. Like quiet? The engine doesn’t make much noise unless you want it to. Engine startups though are loud and amazing. (x) Ergonomics. The air conditioning supply in this car blows with more power and coolness than most other cars. Believe me. I have a 2020 Audi S7 and the thing hardly stays cool in warm weather; we compared it to the McLaren using a thermometer and an anemometer and the results were not close. The automatic climate control does a great job at “set it and forget it.” Passengers enjoy separate climate control. The seats move every which direction including side bolster and lumbar support. Bluetooth audio and telephony work great and the upgraded sound system is very good. (xi) Air brake. Seeing the rear wing hastily rise during braking is an experience and it also serves to keep the rear end glued to the road. No worries about slowing down from high speed. Downforce without the permanent huge wing.

==========

Here is the link to many additional pictures and other information.
    <https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lkx07m155bstc9l/AACOxWADJrDtP0PEbCiru-Uva?dl=0>

==========

Thanks again for looking!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      179.4 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      193.8 KB
      Views:
    • 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      166.2 KB
      Views:
    • 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      98.7 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      95.2 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      88.5 KB
      Views:
    • 11.JPG
      11.JPG
      File size:
      88.6 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      113 KB
      Views:
    • 13.JPG
      13.JPG
      File size:
      111.7 KB
      Views:
  2. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

3. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    Wow, nice looking car. It lost more than half it's value in 4 years?

4. fboutlaw

fboutlaw Karting

Dec 3, 2014
    Woodside, CA
    Yep. That's McLaren ownership for Super series cars (12c, 650s, 720s). Reference: I bought a 2016 650s, very similar spec, similar miles, for a similar price mid 2020 (from a dealer).

Car looks super clean. Were I not already an owner, I'd be looking at this one.

348SStb likes this.
  5. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    It looks a sort of like a Carrera GT. This seems like a steal for an almost new car.

6. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    So, comparing to the Carrera GT sport beetle:

666 hp vs 603 hp
    0-60 2.9 vs 3.5
    fatalities few vs. many
    $150k vs. $600+k?

Seems like a no brainer. I kind of want it but like my 458.

7. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    McLarens are great cars to buy as the second owner. Their depreciation is not for the faint of heart. The same can be said of many new Ferraris e.g. Lusso, 812, 488. Just too many cars and models for a limited market.

8. Doctor Mark

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Forgot to include AMG Mercedes in the massive depreciation list.

9. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Ever buy a Mercedes S Class? It will do that in 3 years.

10. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I'm not on the market but whoever buys this car will get an incredible amount of car for the money....
    I can be jealous though....

11. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
  12. Doctor Mark

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    P.T. Barnum said "there is a sucker born every minute."​

13. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    nice hijack / side track of the guy's sale ad...

OP - wow, what a car. I had no idea this much was available for that amount of money. GLWS.

14. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Thanks!

Moderator -- please delete the irrelevant posts that violate the rules of posting in classified threads. Please delete this post as well when the time comes.

Racedrvr likes this.
  15. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    that might be the best looking Macca interior i've seen.
    the new ones are really boring...
    very nice!

348SStb likes this.
  16. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sold to a fine gentleman and a worthy custodian of this beautiful piece of art.

Best of luck with it and thank you J.

cy0811, jwt73 and Bthesixthree like this.
  17. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    Awesome car and sale. Friend has a Mantis Green '16 with 9k miles. Stunning cars, and very rapid.

Rbwiii likes this.
  18. jwt73

jwt73 Karting

Oct 17, 2013
    Tifton, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Tronolone
    David,
    Car is amazing. You are someone as I stated that I would buy another car from sight unseen, as your care for vehicles is insane. You represent everything perfectly, and you are great guy. Appreciate the hospitality as well.
    Jonathan
    PS Though this is Ferrari site, this car is awesome.

GatorFL likes this.