F430 Sport Bucket Seats Bolster Protection | FerrariChat

F430 Sport Bucket Seats Bolster Protection

Discussion in '360/430' started by argento430, Jan 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. argento430

argento430 Rookie

Jan 4, 2021
    Hello, all!

I'm new to the forum. Does any one have suggestions for bolster protectors, specifically for the leather sport bucket seats? I did a bit of research and could only find a source that makes kits for Porsche GT-models.

Ideally looking for something like this: https://www.edguardusa.com/

Also, if you have suggestions as to where I can purchase the Ferrari silk seat and steering covers would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

NMNMNMN likes this.
  2. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Great idea

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Saving those seats for the next guy that buys your car :-0 It's not a bad idea, but I remember my Mom and plastic covered sofa's in the 60's.

armedferret likes this.
  4. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Check out www.faverro.com. This is the outfit that upholsters all of my speaker boxes. I have seen these bolster covers in person and they look phenomenal. Call Alex at 1-650-933-7111.

argento430 likes this.
  5. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I just reviewed the Faverro sight. What a great concept! Wish I would have known about this when I owned my 430!

6. hbk_bkk

hbk_bkk Rookie

Jan 16, 2012
    Norman Park, GA
    Full Name:
    Barry
    They look great but for $1,100; a king size pillow case ain’t looking half bad. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

SpencerMarks and Freddan like this.
  7. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You're basically getting the same amount of leather and the same amount of coachwork as if you had one side of your seats reupholstered without the inserts. $1,100.00 for that sounds fair to me. Ferrari 430 seat cover replacements go for around $3,500.00 uninstalled.

hbk_bkk likes this.
  8. argento430

argento430 Rookie

Jan 4, 2021
    Thank you for the suggestion.

hbk_bkk likes this.
  9. 00 550

00 550 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2009
    FL
    Full Name:
    That guy
    $1100 is for both driver and passenger seats. You can get just driver for $600. I think they look fantastic. I ordered a pair yesterday

Faverro and hbk_bkk like this.
  10. vdm9

vdm9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2014
    long island new york
    Full Name:
    vasilios
    WOW!!!
    Thanks for finding this and discussing
    I am always worried about wear as my backside seems to be larger than it appears in mirrors...
    I just emailed the company with a question, but seems like exactly what I need!!!
    Or a diet...
    vdm

Faverro, hbk_bkk and cole328 like this.
  11. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    wow...great concept I may order just the one for the driver side bolster as that's where the wear is for $375 seems to be a no brainer (if it fits!)

Faverro likes this.
  12. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    I used bespoke leathering UK leather dye for my bolster wear. Took my time and was careful but looks brand new.

13. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Yes… Dying and keeping original does sound best . Where did you get it? Some thing I can order online?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Just ordered it from their website direct. You choose the manufacturer and the manufacturer's interior colour. Mine was nero. It was actually a last resort for heavily worn bolster, I figured I'd try it and see because it was cheap and if not get the race buckets for an exorbitant amount of money. But turned out perfect so no need.