Ferrari ROMA | Page 144 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Evidently it is not a chrome silver but a silver paint instead... it might give it a vintage feel in the right combination...

SV

2. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Nicolas21 likes this.
  3. ScuderiaPL

ScuderiaPL Rookie

Jun 15, 2020
    New York
    Full Name:
    Paul Lusardi
    I don' have manuals either and i did not receive the ceramic key backs with the tools to change. My dealer is looking into it but has not idea at the moment. Anyone else get this box with the ceramic key and tool?

vcappp and 008 like this.
  4. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Still waiting/checking. U fly or ship yours?

5. ScuderiaPL

ScuderiaPL Rookie

Jun 15, 2020
    New York
    Full Name:
    Paul Lusardi
    I did not have it flown in. Traditional ship. I am the first my dealer has delivered so they have no idea yet. They are looking into the manuals and keys as we speak.

6. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Great color. Is Blue Swaters metallic?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Yes, it is a metallic paint.

8. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    #3585 Dadr, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Mine arrived today and it is a beautiful thing! This is the first I have seen in person and as everyone has stated before it definitely looks even better in the metal!

Took the wife for its maiden voyage and she was very impressed with the ride quality and comfort of the Roma. Mind you she is comparing it to my Pista so obviously a different experience.......

The interior is gorgeous and materials are very nice as well as the build quality on my example at least.

I found the infotainment system to be very intuitive and similar to our new Range Rover dual touchscreen setup and haptic controls. The screens are clear with good resolution and I felt responsive. They work by both touch, hold, or slide depending on the feature. The surround view works well, actually better than the Rover, but the parking sensors are hyper sensitive and forced me to turn them off as they would go crazy at stoplights when anyone was near you at all. I ordered the regular sound system, my drive to and from work is a very short commute so the audio quality of music isn’t that important to me, but I am pleasantly surprised with the base setup and it is better than previous high end JBL units in Ferrari’s past. I can’t imagine what the “better” unit sounds like.
    Setting up all the features, phone, Navi, sat radio, car settings literally took just a few minutes. Guess what? The voice recognition actually works! There is a language setting for “American” now only if we can add Southern to that.....

Features that surprised me, the free optional all electric seats. They are actual very comfortable, I did not know they had so much setting control features through the central screen, thigh length, hip support, shoulder bolsters, lumbar support, and mid back support. They are a must to spec unless you are going vented as well.
    The nice key box is also an added bonus.

Things that are somewhat bizarre, the hood is quite difficult to close. The hood is sizable and very light and bends under pressure so I felt I was going to dent it trying to close it tightly. I called the tech and he said the same thing happened when they tried and was like “what the hell, this thing won’t close” then he said they fixed it “just push harder” and click, I felt like an idiot.
    The auto stop/start function turns off while still in motion so you literally coast to a stop at the lights. I have had multiple cars with this feature and they all turn the engine off after coming to rest this one does it when under maybe 5mph, kind of strange feeling actually.

Now if you are still reading I commend you on your attention span, there is just a lot to say.
    The drive, yes the drive, smooooth. The shifts are clean in auto, easy, quick, seem less. In manual they are very quick but still smooth, not the snack in the back the Pista delivers but then again it shouldn’t in this category. The steering is heavier than any of my former modern Ferraris, and in a good way. Still very responsive and direct but weighted to again smooth out the hyper light feel of the mid engines. The suspension, especially with Magneride, was great and you guessed it, smooth. It absorbed our public swimming pool potholes with ease in comfort mode. Sport and Race modes nicely firmed up and very little to no appreciable body roll on some local twisties. The car has enough power for any driver needs and especially any road car needs. The sound is surprisingly good as well with the sport exhaust. Just enough cabin intrusion to always know a bit of a beast is within but no heavy drone in normal driving especially on the highway.

This car will add a new chapter to my Ferrari experience to actually use and enjoy every day in every way compared to my prior sunny day weekend only use of my others. It’s early in the new love phase so we shall see what she has in store and since my dealer is a 1,000 miles away I hope she is as reliable as she is beautiful.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Great write up and congrats! I’m glad to hear you’re happy with the voice control, for some reason mine thinks we’re in Europe and won’t control the nav. I also don’t hear instruction from my phone unless it’s on the phone source, where my other vehicles Will quiet the radio and tell me where to turn. Not big issues considering how new these cars are and it’s probably user error anyway. Enjoy it!

10. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    Love how that looks! I'm still waiting for my Roma. Also grigio titanio. I went with terra bruciata interior to match. Can't wait!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds, tomc and Dadr like this.
  11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Congrats and I wish you good luck with the car.

One question, is there a way to shut off the start/stop function? My wife has that on her Panamera and you can program a button on the steering wheel to shut it off, but you have to do that each time you start the car, you can't permanently shut it off. :(

12. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    There is a button to turn it off and on next to the lights but you have to do it each time you get in the car.

Nospinzone likes this.
  13. montegoblue

montegoblue Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Congratulations from Chattanooga :). Beautiful car Dadr. Argento ? Same color as my daily Cali T ... may make me consider an upgrade !

14. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Grigio Titanio and thank you fellow Tennessean!

15. Nazar

Nazar Rookie

Sep 16, 2017
    Full Name:
    Nazar Lorente Alarcón

Which colour would you say is this?
    Grigio Alloy?

16. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    That is Grigio Titanio.

17. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    That looks like Rosso Fiorano.

18. Matt L

Matt L Karting

Oct 1, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Yes, agree.

19. ScuderiaPL

ScuderiaPL Rookie

Jun 15, 2020
    New York
    Full Name:
    Paul Lusardi
    Anyone have more pics of the Key box? Anyone get their manuals?

20. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    I will take some pics of the key box when I get home. Unfortunately the owners manual are still in Italy and are supposed to be shipped soon. I do have the warranty manual and lemon law manual.

21. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    elmadi, of2worlds and aepma like this.
  22. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    elmadi, vcappp and of2worlds like this.